Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What aftermarket trigger are you using on your X5 Legion?

JGus

Been shooting X5 Legions in CO the last two years. The stock trigger on my X5 Legions were pretty decent. I've tried both the Gray Guns Intl non-adjustable curved triggers, and the Armory Craft adjustable straight triggers. Both very good triggers that offered some improvement over stock trigger.

What's everyone else's thoughts on X5 Legion aftermarket triggers you are using?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't been running my 320 MAX much but I did put a Apex trigger in it and have been pretty happy.  I've been thinking about sending it to Gray Guns for a full trigger job to try and shorten the travel/reset. 

I'm using the Tactical Triggers P320 kit with the new Competition Pre-Travel shim in my X5. I am really enjoying it so far after a lot of dry fire and a couple of matches with it in the gun. It took a little bit of trial and error to get it set up the best for my specific gun, as it comes with several options for sear engagement, overtravel, etc. to tune it to your specific gun. I also took the FCU apart and polished a lot of the engagement surfaces that the kit itself doesn't affect.

I am interested in the new Sig Armorer kit he is supposed to be releasing soon, so I may have to try that one out as well. 

Edited by bulldog009

4 minutes ago, bulldog009 said:

I'm using the Tactical Triggers P320 kit with the new Competition Pre-Travel shim in my X5. I am really enjoying it so far after a lot of dry fire and a couple of matches with it in the gun. It took a little bit of trial and error to get it set up the best for my specific gun, as it comes with several options for sear engagement, overtravel, etc. to tune it to your specific gun. I also took the FCU apart and polished a lot of the engagement surfaces that the kit itself doesn't affect.

I am interested in the new Sig Armorer kit he is supposed to be releasing soon, so I may have to try that one out as well. 

I'm not familiar with this trigger kit.  I'll have to check it out.

7 minutes ago, JGus said:

I'm not familiar with this trigger kit.  I'll have to check it out.

Tactical Triggers P320 Kit

My setup is the following - 
Competition Pretravel Stop
Increased Power Trigger Return Spring
Sear Control Spring #2 (you get 3 in the kit)
Overtravel Stop Spring #2 (you get 3 in the kit)
Reduced Power Striker Safety Spring

Polishing kit to polish the following: Striker, sear, and trigger bar

Edited by bulldog009

4 hours ago, oddjob said:

I have the the Sig Armorer trigger in my Legion.  Its not a kit, but I had him install his trigger when he did the trigger job.  Great work by the way!!

Had TSA do his competition trigger job on my MAX and extremely pleased with the results.  He posted on FB that his triggers are now available in kit form.  So call him if interested!

👍👍

13 hours ago, Cnickolas said:

Running the gray gun comp flat trigger however had too soft of a reset which caused a double click on the reset. If I tried to pull trigger on first click; dead trigger. Swapped springs back to factory. Problem solved. 

you can buy snappy reset trigger springs. pretty nice with the greyguns kit. I like the adjustable gg trigger better over the non adjustable. 

13 minutes ago, Kwontanamo said:

I was under the impression that the X5 legion had a trigger that was comparable to the GG kits. 

I replaced the stock trigger with the Gray Guns flat trigger. It is an improvement of the stock Legion trigger, which is good out of the box. 

On 8/25/2022 at 4:58 AM, Cnickolas said:

Thank you. Which springs do you recommend?

I´d go with the Greyguns competition sear springs and the "snappy trigger return spring". You can get snappy trigger return springs from Armory Craft and i think Greyguns do put them in some kits meanwhile. 

4 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

IMO, the "real deal" for drop in P320 competition kits!

https://www.sigguy.com/product-page/the-sig-armorer-p320-competition-level-action-job-kit

👍

That price though for the kit...if the goal is to reduce total trigger travel distance (and not have someone else work on it), you can have similar performance for less (maybe much less depending on configuration).

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/3/2022 at 2:56 AM, CurlyShuffle said:

That price though for the kit...if the goal is to reduce total trigger travel distance (and not have someone else work on it), you can have similar performance for less (maybe much less depending on configuration).

What would you recommend that is comparable? 

Tried the Armory Craft Dual Adjustable Trigger, then the Grayguns Competition Kit.  Also experimented with different spring combos with both packages.  While both are excellent products, I was still not totally satisfied with all functions of the Max's fire control system.  Guess my old habits/experiences had me looking for that "1911" style trigger though I doubted very seriously I'd ever have it with a striker fired pistol.

Then I sent the pistol to Robert (The Sig Armorer) for his complete Competition Level Action Job including his new Cradle Trigger; and for me, it was a complete game changer!  The pre-travel, take-up, break, and over-travel are as close to a "1911 feeling" trigger job as I could ever want; and in a striker fired pistol!  

Everything that was done to my pistol is included in his new Competition Level Action Job Kit I referenced above.  Yes it's a bit more expensive than other kits that are currently available; but if you do your research and figure up the costs of ALL the parts that are in the kit then I think you'll see the value!  There's the Cradle Trigger, Custom Hardened Sear, Custom Chrome Disconnector, Custom Trigger Bar, Custom Striker, and 10 springs that allow a broad customization of "your" desired trigger pull and reset!

Just wanted to share my experiences; and recommend that anyone considering an upgraded fire control system, to do your homework and decide up front just how far down this rabbit hole you want to go in order to reach your goals for that trigger system you want!

HTHs

:) 

4 hours ago, Excursion12 said:

What would you recommend that is comparable? 

For eliminating pre-travel, the Tactical Trigger competition pre-travel stop is fantastic. 

For eliminating over travel, you can use one of the adjustable triggers out there, or use the over travel stop in the Glockstore's Max Michel P320 kit.

I'm using the Glockstore kit, and Tactical Trigger's competition pre-travel stop and reduced power striker safety spring in a P320 compact.  I think it'll be my CCP gun of choice in IDPA matches.  I'm running the OEM curved trigger on it.  

I’m like a lot of others. GG kit currently. Still a touch of pre-travel before the wall but I actually kind of like it. Maybe I just got used to it. 

however, I want to get a back up gun and try the TSA kit out.