Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hiperfire triggers

33 minutes ago, Bad_Karma said:

Thanks for the replies. You saved me some money. I was about to order a new one, but think I’ll just do the spring kit for now. 

Yeah, give Hiperfire a call and he’ll send you the new disco spring. He’s got great customer service.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Guys

My hiperfire reflex sometimes doesn't reset on my JP15gmr (short stroked, Blitz + weight / 308 spring) ? Changed the pins after gs recommendation , again problems...

help... go back to JP trigger? Never any problem..

Have you checked the disconnector spring to make sure it’s not broken?

2 hours ago, George16 said:

Have you checked the disconnector spring to make sure it’s not broken?

I should go do that. Been having reset failures maybe two or three times per hundred lately. Never used to do that, and I never get to inspect it after a failure since the only time I shoot is in a match to conserve primers.

my eclipse is now often makes a failure to bang. I press a trigger and i hear that the hammer is smashing but the bang is not coming so i have to pull the charging handle again. Yes, i have checked the ammo - no evidence of firingpin being touched the primer. Dunno what it is..not fully closed bolt or what..?

1 hour ago, Fasthenk65 said:

will check thank you... it's brand new...

And make sure it’s clean too. Sometimes, carbon buildup or shards of brass wedged in there can prevent it from properly resetting. I clean mine with non-chlorinated brake parts cleaner and blow it dry with my air compressor prior to lubrication.

• 4 weeks later...

If you haven't seen Max Leograndis' Instagram videos where he goes through multiple triggers and tuning springs, I highly recommend it.  To 2nd what has already been said, just get the ECL and call it a day.  Keep a few of the disconnector springs on hand - my AR9 was giving me some doubling (not intentionally doing it like other fancy GMs) and after troubleshooting everything, I realized it was a worn down disco spring.

I put an Eclipse in a GMR-15.  I started having reset issues, 1 per 10 to 1 per 20.  That family of Hyperfire triggers take significantly more effort to cock than traditional AR type triggers.  I had to switch from 3 tungsten & 2 SS weights and a medium spring to 3 SS & 2 tungsten with a light spring to get the trigger to consistently reset.  I heard a "click" when I pulled the trigger, but no bang.  I'm guessing it was the sear releasing even though the trigger wasn't cocked.  All my issues went away after I changed the buffer/spring setup. 

11 hours ago, cferree said:

I put an Eclipse in a GMR-15.  I started having reset issues, 1 per 10 to 1 per 20.  That family of Hyperfire triggers take significantly more effort to cock than traditional AR type triggers.  I had to switch from 3 tungsten & 2 SS weights and a medium spring to 3 SS & 2 tungsten with a light spring to get the trigger to consistently reset.  I heard a "click" when I pulled the trigger, but no bang.  I'm guessing it was the sear releasing even though the trigger wasn't cocked.  All my issues went away after I changed the buffer/spring setup. 

I'm struggling with it !!! My eclipse is doing that every 50 or so rounds..I hear click but get no bang. Yesterday tried a softer spring but nothing changed

Right now i have a heavy ~350gr buffer with a light spring. So, you think i should try to lower the weight of the buffer?

Full disclosure, I'm just now starting to experiment with conventional, hydraulic, air buffer systems in a new blow back PCC, so I'm still learning.

I'd try a lighter spring or buffer, and see if the trigger will consistently reset.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2022 at 4:55 AM, Ner said:

I'm struggling with it !!! My eclipse is doing that every 50 or so rounds..I hear click but get no bang. Yesterday tried a softer spring but nothing changed

Right now i have a heavy ~350gr buffer with a light spring. So, you think i should try to lower the weight of the buffer?

It's a combination, you should try lower weight ring(s) and / or the recoil spring weight. I had the same situation with a GMR-15 last year, long story short, I changed the GMR-15 with a MPX G3, no problems with the Hyperfire at all

Back end setup (short stroked):

A5 tube

Blitz 5006 buffer

JP 308 rifle spring

Hiperfire ECL

Upper setup:

NBS upper

Bolt is the shiny Stern Defense

10.5 Brekke/6" comp

This has been 100% in both my primary and backup guns.

Money well spent and reliable.

Thanks Max!!!

Edited by WxGuy
  • 3 weeks later...

My PDI has been 100% using Taccom buffer system. 
it doesn’t have quite the crispness as my Timney or Larue I have in my .223 guns, but the PDI was built to handle the blowback operation, so I’m good with it. 
I wore out a Rise RA 140 in a little over 1k rounds, which is what pushed me to the PDI. 

On 4/17/2022 at 10:52 AM, RCKable said:

Does anyone have an opinion Hipertouch Elite?  That’s currently what I’m using in my build but thinking of going to the Eclipse if there’s a big difference. 

+1 Eclipse, the finger pad makes a difference, but it's more personal preference. try to shoot a PCC with the Eclipse first

Hi !

A friend gave me this trigger group. I have no clue about Hiperfire triggers, using mostly AR Gold & JP.

I read that there is a part, or a spring (?) (or several) that needs to be changed. Could you help me to know which, and where to find it ?

Also, I heard that those hammers hit very hard and are prone to breaking the PCC firing pins. Is this true ? Any help is welcome here also.

Thank you ! :)

image.thumb.jpeg.4b06fa48b6a8ee62f83e2000992b864c.jpeg

On 1/10/2022 at 12:14 PM, Bdh821 said:

I also just got a new disco as my first ECL was the old style. I’d say that added zero felt difference with the new disco and spring rebuild kit in it. 

Does anyone have pictures of the new vs. the old?

On 4/14/2022 at 5:47 PM, WxGuy said:

Back end setup (short stroked):

A5 tube

Blitz 5006 buffer

JP 308 rifle spring

Hiperfire ECL

Upper setup:

NBS upper

Bolt is the shiny Stern Defense

10.5 Brekke/6" comp

This has been 100% in both my primary and backup guns.

Money well spent and reliable.

Thanks Max!!!

The 5006 says it is specifically for use for the AR10/.308. Do you mean the 5007/5015?