Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPA DS9 Hybrid

Csalt

16 hours ago, jrloman said:

Is that a different mag release or a button added to the MPA one, I need just a little bit more width for mine.

I added it, but I can't remember who makes it. Surprisingly it does have great traction on it for being so small as stated by Sarge.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, WildPete said:

I added it, but I can't remember who makes it. Surprisingly it does have great traction on it for being so small as stated by Sarge.

Sorry my question was not clear, I assume the MPA stock mag release is threaded for the addition of the Brazos button?

On 6/27/2021 at 9:53 PM, Csalt said:

Has anyone bought the new DS9 Hybrid? Looking for reviews or insights.

Just received mine a few weeks ago, its one awesome pistol.  Like any other firearm, they all need to be tuned a bit more.  After having my competitive friend who happens to be also a gunsmith.  He tuned the action a bit more, also tuned the trigger and a few other things.  From factory, it's a great pistol.  However, it could always be a lot better...  But overall, she's awesome!   For the money, it can't be beat! 

MPA1.JPG

MPA .JPG

MPA bag.JPG

MPA Honcho.JPG

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2023 at 12:20 PM, inertia said:

Anyone have the steel challenge gun yet?

I ordered one in September.  In December I was told that parts were 2-3 weeks out.  22 weeks after the order, they still say that they are having problems with parts.

• 2 weeks later...

THIS IS MY FIRST NEW “custom” pistol.  All tolerances are super tight, and I am interested to see what it settles out to once I get up past 1000 rounds.  My SN is over 1000.  I will say that the fit finish and feel is so much better than any other pistol in that price range.  My FFL carries an 8’ case of 2K-4K pistols and the DS9 was the best overall.  I hope they have success going forward, and that they set a new precedent for the quality you should get at that price point.

David

12 hours ago, WestPat said:

THIS IS MY FIRST NEW “custom” pistol.  All tolerances are super tight, and I am interested to see what it settles out to once I get up past 1000 rounds.  My SN is over 1000.  I will say that the fit finish and feel is so much better than any other pistol in that price range.  My FFL carries an 8’ case of 2K-4K pistols and the DS9 was the best overall.  I hope they have success going forward, and that they set a new precedent for the quality you should get at that price point.

David

I think they will be discovered fairly soon and their price will climb to the 4-5k level. 

• 2 weeks later...

Any questions about MPA products - just call them. They are easy to talk to. See the owner and team members at PRS matches all the time (I am reformed pistol competitor shooting PRS now). 

On 8/22/2022 at 4:22 PM, Wastedpotential said:

Does anyone know the specific updates that have been made to the Hybrid pistol line? I am on the fence between a Ds9 or possibly spending 2x the $$ on an Atlas. I would rather spend $6k on an Atlas then  to drop $3500 on a pistol I am not completely happy with. That said I have a MPA rifle that I am very satisfied with, so I do have a high degree of faith in the company/products. 

I did see what I believe to be newer images on MPA’s Facebook page that appear to show improved blending and fitting on recent production pistols. Does anyone know how the trigger play is on these pistols in regard to vertical/horizontal play. 

I will get an Atlas, while the DS9 Hybrid is a nice firearm the Atlas is better built!  But that's just me.  MPA does make some nice firearms priced nice but remember that you get what you paid for~  

1 hour ago, nycgunslinger said:

I will get an Atlas, while the DS9 Hybrid is a nice firearm the Atlas is better built!  But that's just me.  MPA does make some nice firearms priced nice but remember that you get what you paid for~  

And if you’re spending atlas money you might as well get a venom.

9 hours ago, nycgunslinger said:

You say that like the DS9 is cheap? 

Cmon man.  All the parts are basically the same... There's not much difference. 

On 3/25/2023 at 11:53 PM, MaddHatter said:

Has anyone got a nitro fin or an atlas thumb rest on their DS9 hybrid?

I have a nitro fin on my DS9, took a little bit of fitting but Nathan at SSI was able to let me know what to file to fit.  DS9 frames have a little bit different cut than a normal 2011 so takes a little extra filing, mine has worked great now that I got it fit and installed.

Its the same fitting he shows on the website for the Staccato.

Edited by jrloman

On 3/26/2023 at 11:18 PM, Douglee25 said:

You say that like the DS9 is cheap? 

Cmon man.  All the parts are basically the same... There's not much difference. 

They are not the same and there’s a big difference between the two. As a builder who has handled both guns the MPA is not in the same league.