Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SIG P320MAX

bobbyblaze

I have 3. There is a slight difference in feel while shooting. My guess is it has to do with the weight distribution on the different slides. Perhaps also that the sight is lower w/o a plate.

It is minimal, but you can feel it.  Sold the legions.

22525.jpeg

Edited by echotango

25 minutes ago, echotango said:

I have 3. There is a slight difference in feel while shooting. My guess is it has to do with the weight distribution on the different slides. Perhaps also that the sight is lower w/o a plate.

It is minimal, but you can feel it. 

22525.jpeg

Cool grip job!

Edited by bobbyblaze

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2021 at 2:10 PM, echotango said:

22525.jpeg

Is that grip tape? 

• 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, funkymonkey1111 said:

Cost-wise, the Max seems like a Legion + a Romeo 3.  Is there anything I'm missing there?--any you get 4 mags.

Or, is the Legion the more versatile choice, optic-wise?

Really just depends on what you might use it for.  It is basically an X5 Legion that is dedicated for CO.  It comes with no iron sights or option to install any.  If that's all you want to do with it, then it comes with four 21 round mags and is pretty much good to go.  If you think you might want to do Production, Limited Minor, or 3gun with this pistol, then the X5 Legion might be the better choice for you with your choice of optic(pay attention to what fits and doesn't so you can make informed choices...the Romeo3Max, for example would need an adapter plate.  Trijicon SRO hangs over the ejection port if you don't get an adapter plate, etc.  Romeo1Pro is direct mount and a good choice).  The bummer there is that it comes with four 17 round magazines leaving you to buy base plates for more rounds or different magazines.

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2021 at 12:10 PM, echotango said:

The presence of plate definitely makes a big difference it how the gun is perceived in action. Plus all that stupid slide cuts in legion probably makes the dot jump a little faster and more violent

• 6 months later...

Just picked up a Max slide for a build. Anyone have any experience trying to put a dot on it that isn't a Romeo 3? I've shot the XL a lot on open guns but I'm curious about the longevity on CO guns. At some point I'd probably opt for an SRO or RMR pattern dot at some point in the future. 

• 4 months later...
On 4/21/2021 at 12:53 PM, bobbyblaze said:

Has anyone shot this pistol yet? how does it compare to the X5 Legion? 

I just bought one... and I cannot get a good group out of this pistol. I am shooting Atlanta Arms Select 124GR. and Atlanta Arms 147Gr. 4" group at best at 25 yards. This is my CO pistol. Is there anyone out there having the same issues? My PF is 129-130 and using a 13#1911 recoil spring.

1 hour ago, bobbyblaze said:

I just bought one... and I cannot get a good group out of this pistol. I am shooting Atlanta Arms Select 124GR. and Atlanta Arms 147Gr. 4" group at best at 25 yards. This is my CO pistol. Is there anyone out there having the same issues? My PF is 129-130 and using a 13#1911 recoil spring.

Well 1.5” of that is just your dot size. 

2 hours ago, bobbyblaze said:

Push the load faster.

11 hours ago, bobbyblaze said:

Now, after some modifications, I am expecting much better accuracy!

👍

Thanks for the thread. Considering upgrading my CO rig from a G17mos with a vortex viper. Got to store counter handle a Legion an was impressed. Haven’t found a Max to fondle yet. One question: with the Legion, you’ll need to remove the mag well to be USPSA compliant. The stock photo of the Max also shows a magwell. Also needs removed?

image.jpeg