Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No more Primary Machine optic milling after April 15th

TheIceman93

Just a public service announcement if you were planning on having Primary Machine doing optic milling on your CZ. Primary Machine announced on Instagram that they are getting out of the optic milling game to focus on manufacturing their own products and doing oem manufacturing for other companies. April 15th is the last day to order an optic cut. This is a big blow to CZ red dot fans because Primary was probably the most popular optic milling company that did CZ75 based guns. 

At this point, I think the only remaining shops that will do optic work for the 75 series are CZ Custom, GCW and Fire 4 Effect. 

The silver lining is the possibility that Primary may do pre-milled drop in slides for the CZ75. We should certainly pester them to do so. As of now, there isn't a single company that does a a pre-milled drop in slide for the 75. 

2 hours ago, Tunachaser said:

Another option is Brekke Custom.  He did my SP-01 and I am very happy with the results.   I sent him the optic and slide for a custom fit.

https://brekkecustom.com/index.php/product-category/pistol/optics-installation-services/

I only see SP01 Shadows on his site. Does he do optic cuts for SP01's and 75's with a firing pin block? 

• 2 weeks later...

Several of mine and friends done by CZ Custom with plate adapter.  The latest, greatest optic has changed several times in the couple of years I've been shooting them, nice to have future flexibility. 

• 1 month later...

I got a bad experience with CZC. My slide came back with full of metal chips in the firing pin channel. Emailed Stuart about the problem and he replied that he would talked to the guy who did the milling. That was it. No thing else. Asked him if he used 15lbs torque to tighten the screws on the red dot to his adapter plate and he said he didn’t go with torque value, offering absolute no help. Sloppy work and very unhelpful service.

On 6/4/2021 at 12:09 PM, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

I just made the deadline. 

there work and slide v1 cuts are perfect.

Oils to be happier.  
only mad that they won’t mill my tac sport slide the same way 😁

Try Fire-4-Effect they do work on the TS.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Kirkster said:

Turns out they are still milling for the Shadow 2.  Was looking to get a slide from them and they were sold out, but they still accept customer slides for Shadow 2 slide work.

Awesome news!  Looks like its time to build up my match gun.

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

It's just your typical new guy who shows up and starts necroposting everything he can find

Gotta get those 50 posts for the classifieds somehow. Funny thing is I came to post asking who everyone thinks is best for shadow 2 milling and this post happened to be at the top.