Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How long has everyone waited for their RL1100 to come from Dillon?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, DirtBag said:

Ordered 1/18/21
Shipped 6/15/21 (Email and tracking info)

RL-1100 w/ 9mm Dies
Direct from Dillon 

Dam - I ordered on 1-6-21 - RL1100 with 9mm dies and the person at Dillon told me three weeks ago my order with dies was not scheduled to ship until November so I changed my order to NO-Dies and he told me that should move me up for it to ship in 2-4 weeks….

This just burns my ass to no end…..

Edited by Sigarmsp226

11 minutes ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

Dam - I ordered on 1-6-21 - RL1100 with 9mm dies and the dipshit at Dillon told me three weeks ago my order with dies was not scheduled to ship until November so I changed my order to NO-Dies and he told me that should move me up for it to ship in 2-4 weeks….

This just burns my ass to no end…..

Not my intention - just very excited to have the notification - hopefully they will beat the projection for you.

Dirt - Not pissed at you Sir. In fact I just called Dillon Precision and was told that now I am 27th out for my system shipping with no dies…I asked how this could be when on May 25th the guy told me I was fourth in line. He said whoever I spoke with lied to me and my no-die order would ship in the next two months….

Needless to say I am emailing Steve Dillon right now (who I used to be friends with) to find out what the heck is going on….The guy told me on the phone today that my email to Steve was a total waste of time because Steve does not care about the business anymore and I was wasting my time…..I am gonna email Steve to see what he says - if anything…..I would love to cancel the order but the machine is so my son and I both can have our own machines because he lives to far to come over and load easily……

Guess we will see what, if anything, Steve Dillon says or does…..

I placed an order with Dillon in April for an RL1100 without dies and was told it would ship in a few days.  I got nothing after 2 weeks and called just to confirm everything was good.   They said it would be at least 4 weeks at the time of my call.  That same day I saw one pop up on BSPS with 9mm Dies in stock, so I called Dillon back, cancelled my order, and picked it up from BSPS.  Got it 2 days later.  

Robert - I have been looking myself (now) a lot harder to see if I can find one anywhere so I can cancel my order with Dillon. Have not had any luck finding one in stock at the suggested retail price….Thanks for posting what you were able to do….Since I am about 95% sure Steve Dillon will ignore my email I will try and find on in stock somewhere….

I am going to call Dillon back today (right after they open) to see if I can speak to someone in their CS department who can provide me with their prespecitive on why my oder continues to be pushed out….Ms. Sigarmsp226 pointed out to me that calling just before Dillon closes for the day is never a good time to talk with someone who has been hammered on all day by unhappy customers - like myself…..At some point I am sure they just tell the customer on the phone whatever it takes to get them to say - thanks - and hang up…I think that is what happened to me when I called on May 24th….

It is sad when the person you are talking to says - Not sure why your order keeps getting pushed out - it will ship when it ships…..

I ordered 9mm dies from Dillon in October 2020.

Every month I call to follow up and get a different answer.

While Dillon CS reps have been great about everything else I've come to believe they are clearly being dishonest about the issue with dies.

Well guys - Quick update - It is 5:48 a.m. in AZ. and I just received an email response to my email I sent last night to Steve Dillon - from Steve Dillon - telling me he would personally have me an update on when my order will be ready to ship before the end of business today.....Needless to say my comments last night were out of frustration (and I think it rolled over in the email I sent Steve).  I will post what I learn here later today/tonight with a possible apology to everyone here for my harsh words about Dillon Precision.  

Mark

For those of you getting your press, what condition are they in?

I got mine last December and let the box sit unopened until 2 weeks ago when I finally had room to set it up. I had a defective case feed post, and missing washers. After waiting a week for new post (and washers), I continued with assembly. Now I discovered I didn’t get the plastic locator tabs, and I think my loaded ammo bin is defective. Can anyone confirm if the big bin is supposed to fit securely on the “cartridge bin bracket”?  My bin has a wide opening so it just sits there and bounces all over the place. In contrast, the bullet bin locks securely on to the “bullet bin support bracket”. 

I know these are petty complaints, but WTF, this press wasn’t cheap, I extended better quality control going out the door. 

Arrived this morning - box looks good (Huge)

I wasn't planning on setting it up right away but might take it out to verify I have all the parts. 

Will prob do some photos or maybe a setup video with it since there only seems to be 1-2 out there

10 hours ago, George16 said:

The big bin just sits on top of the black bar. I had the same complaints re ammo bin so I just drilled a hole through it and the bar so I can install a pin to secure it in place.

That’s a good idea. I’ve already bumped it off just getting things set up. 

11 hours ago, Cuz said:

For those of you getting your press, what condition are they in?

I got mine last December and let the box sit unopened until 2 weeks ago when I finally had room to set it up. I had a defective case feed post, and missing washers. After waiting a week for new post (and washers), I continued with assembly. Now I discovered I didn’t get the plastic locator tabs, and I think my loaded ammo bin is defective. Can anyone confirm if the big bin is supposed to fit securely on the “cartridge bin bracket”?  My bin has a wide opening so it just sits there and bounces all over the place. In contrast, the bullet bin locks securely on to the “bullet bin support bracket”. 

I know these are petty complaints, but WTF, this press wasn’t cheap, I extended better quality control going out the door. 

Cuz - I bought one of these (link below) and use it on my 650 and I love it…Thought I would mention this as it is just under $20.00 before shipping and hooks right in place of your loaded bin unit….Mark

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/double-alpha-output-chute-and-spring

13 hours ago, p7fl said:

I ordered 9mm dies from Dillon in October 2020.

Every month I call to follow up and get a different answer.

While Dillon CS reps have been great about everything else I've come to believe they are clearly being dishonest about the issue with dies.

The reloading discord has a dillon rep, he is saying 8-9 months for dies at this point.

9 minutes ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

Cuz - I bought one of these (link below) and use it on my 650 and I love it…Thought I would mention this as it is just under $20.00 before shipping and hooks right in place of your loaded bin unit….Mark

Thanks, I was looking at that and almost bought it.  Then I got to thinking about how I use my current press.  I never let rounds accumulate in the bin.  When the low primer buzzer goes off, I fill the primer tube, then dump the loaded rounds out of the bin, into another bigger container.  I learned this lesson after a couple of times allowing a round that didn't get crimped, or one that was suspect ended up in the loaded ammo bin.  Now, if something happens and a round I'm not sure about drops in the bin, I'll never have more than 100 rounds to be concerned with.  It's really not much effort to have the bin nearby and just dump off the loaded rounds when I fill the primer tube.

Quick Update - Dillon Precision did contact me late yesterday and told me that the reason my January 2021 order for the RL1100 reloader had not shipped as of yet is because my order was flagged to ship complete (no idea how this happened or who flagged it this way - not even sure if I did this when I was submitting the on-line order) but because I had other RL1100 related items on this same order (extra tool head, tool head stand, 223/5.56 die set, 223/5.56 caliber conversion kit, small rifle case feeder plate, and a machine cover) their system would see one or more of these items as "out of stock" my order would roll out for system review a week later and this is why my order was not processed.  They went on to tell me that normally Dillon will ship in stock items as they become available (and all of the items on my original order had been in stock at some point over the past 6 months.  

Today Dillon will be shipping everything on my order (including the RL1100 system) that they have in stock.  The two items that they said will be shipped at a later time (due to being out of stock right now) are the 223/5.56 dies and the 223/5.56 caliber conversion kit for the RL1100.  I want to apologize for my rant two nights ago on this forum thread.  It was not acceptable language or behavior and I am better than that.  I was reminded by a forum friend that we are living in a completely different world today than we were 18 months ago and many businesses continue to struggle because of their down stream suppliers - Dillon Precision being one of those companies.....and this has to be taken into account related to everything we look to purchase.....Mark    

• 2 months later...

Well I have finally opened and setup my new RL-1100.

As my first machine I'm trying to be very diligent about setting each part up. I know its not recommended but I've gone all our and have the MBF added and will setup the powder check once adjusted. 

Q - Did anyone else using the MBF use their provided funnel? 

I've removed the Dillon powder funnel, Dillon Seat and Dillon Crimp dies. 

The way the RL-1100 actuates I can't see the powder funnel when the press if fully actuated. 

I'll post some pics soon for feedback

Do most people just reuse brass when setting up to check all their die depths? 

Most people would consider the MBF funnel a marked improvement over the stock Dillon.

I dedicate several pieces of brass to go through the shell plate cycle while setting up dies.

Once I've got the dies set up I toss that brass as I feel it's been worked enough as they've gone through multiple sizing, belling, crimping, etc., operations.

I'm not sure what you are talking about concerning "can't see the powder funnel when the press if fully actuated".

I was lucky enough to find an 1100 in stock. My son lives less than 10 minutes away from Gunstop, which is in the Minneapolis area. While visiting him last week, I made the trip up to Gunstop and found they had 3 1100's on the floor. 2 of the .223 and one a 9mm with no dies, which was exactly what I was looking for. 

I have it home and setup with an MBF (which Gunstop also had in stock). Not sure I made the right choice replacing my 650 with the 1100 yet. Still dialing in the 1100 and MBF, and it's been a bit frustrating so far. Several things I like better about the 650, but that's for another thread, I guess. 

Jejb - I kept my 650 just in case I was not 150% satisfied with my 1100….I am only about 2000 rounds into my 1100 and I am still making small adjustments but I have shot over 800 rounds loaded on my 1100 with zero issues….

My 650 will remain in my inventory for those other calibers that I shoot because I already had dedicated tool heads and caliber conversion kits set up for each…..I will use the 1100 primarily for 9mm and .223/5.56….

Do not give up on your 1100 because when you get it dialed in you will wish you shot more so you could load more….

15 hours ago, jejb said:

I was lucky enough to find an 1100 in stock. My son lives less than 10 minutes away from Gunstop, which is in the Minneapolis area. While visiting him last week, I made the trip up to Gunstop and found they had 3 1100's on the floor. 2 of the .223 and one a 9mm with no dies, which was exactly what I was looking for. 

I have it home and setup with an MBF (which Gunstop also had in stock). Not sure I made the right choice replacing my 650 with the 1100 yet. Still dialing in the 1100 and MBF, and it's been a bit frustrating so far. Several things I like better about the 650, but that's for another thread, I guess. 

Its a whole new learning curve, I went from having 2 Dillon 650 machines to a RL1100 and a CP2000 both Ammobot driven. After a few weeks it was all good. You will get the hang of it. The RL1100 is a Rolls Royce compared to 650. Just do the maintenance every 10,000 rounds, full teardown and lube. Keep the indexing paw nice and true, file down the nicks, also I would recommend  2 pass loading , wet clean the brass, and wet sand the primer slide  where it meets the machine surface. Start with 1,000 grit followed by 2,000 then 3,000. It will slide like butter.

Edited by Johnnymazz

On 6/16/2021 at 9:19 PM, Sigarmsp226 said:

Ditch the big bin. Range Panda on Ebay, get a big chute and some 2 inch hose

239843318_2990263541213958_2452294250870922441_n.jpg

Edited by Johnnymazz