Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How long has everyone waited for their RL1100 to come from Dillon?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, KDHOLLAND said:

What has been the wait time on Dillon RL1100?

It all depends on what setup you ordered. Mine took five weeks because I ordered it without dies and conversion kit since it would have taken much longer.

So I ended up ordering the 1100 directly from Dillon (ordered May 29, 2020 and received it first week of July 2020). I ordered the 9mm and .223 conversion kits from DAA.

I don’t think Dillon allows ordering the 1100 without the conversion kit nowadays iirc.

2 hours ago, DirtBag said:

George do you have a 2nd tool head/stand or do you just manually swap everything out? 223 will be the next set that I need and idk if I should start with dies or a toolhead to keep the setup cleaner. 

I actually have three tool heads and tool head stands. One each for processing 9mm (this can be configured to load .223 also by removing the 9mm U-die and installing appropriate .223 dies), .223 (with Bosch trimmer and M die) and another dedicated tool head for loading 9mm.

Its more expensive doing it this way but it makes up for the amount of time fiddling around with the setup if I have to move dies around. I just remove and install the appropriate tool head, shell plate, case feeder stuff and I’m good to go. It doesn’t even take more than five minutes swapping them.

I mostly load .223 on my 550. 

9mm toolheads for processing and loading:

D55-F3-BA6-D311-43-DA-B472-2-CF785-E2-D9

.223 tool head for processing:

49-AA2-D6-F-1-B0-A-4-BA5-8175-464851-BE2

Edited by George16
Added pictures

1 minute ago, DirtBag said:

Thanks for the pictures. Looks like a very nice setup! It also sounds like I'll be adding dies quickly no one I see sticks 100% with the Dillon ones

Thank you.

Yes regarding the Dillon dies. I’m using Redding, FW Arms, MBF, Lyman and Lee for my setups.

@Dirtbag, glad you found my thread re camera system. I installed the camera to make sure the case is primed because there were instances in. The past wherein I forgot to put more primers after the alarm went off. I got carried away pulling the crank until I noticed the spilled powder on my table.

@Sigarmsp226, you forgot to mention the Infinity QB speakers with the EMIT twitters underneath the 301’s 😁.

7-E5-E5-E67-6-E35-41-CE-B59-A-763-A636-D

5 hours ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

There is a guy (George 16) who's stereo I can relate too - Marantz Receiver, Twin Head cassette recorder/player, and Bose 301's in the background.....Now that is the right way to listen to music.....Mark

1 hour ago, George16 said:

@Dirtbag, glad you found my thread re camera system. I installed the camera to make sure the case is primed because there were instances in. The past wherein I forgot to put more primers after the alarm went off. I got carried away pulling the crank until I noticed the spilled powder on my table.

@Sigarmsp226, you forgot to mention the Infinity QB speakers with the EMIT twitters underneath the 301’s 😁.

7-E5-E5-E67-6-E35-41-CE-B59-A-763-A636-D

Not to get off subject but U2 rock knowing the old Marantz looks like a 2270 ? 
My Instagram user name

Marantz19 🤘

10 hours ago, tmz said:

Not to get off subject but U2 rock knowing the old Marantz looks like a 2270 ? 
My Instagram user name

Marantz19 🤘

Yes, it’s a Marantz 2270. Bough it from an old gentleman back in 2012 for $50 because there wasn’t any sound coming out due to blown power caps. I installed new power caps, audio-grade electrolytic caps and transistors from Mouser Electronics and painstakingly replaced each one of them.

My just turned 14 year old daughter has a Marants 2240 paired with a nice Garrard turntable and a pair of Acoustic Research Ar4x I also bought from the old gentleman I got the 2270 from.

My next project is to resurrect a Marantz 140 power amp once I get some time to sit down and check everything. 

Edited by George16

1 hour ago, ddc said:

@George16On your 9mm processing toolhead I see the FW Arms die. What are the dies at stations 7 and 8? Thanks.

I installed a Lee U-die without the decapping pin on station 7 and Redding sizing die in station 8. 

The Redding sizing die is just there because it’s an extra I have.

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Jetpilot69 said:

Mine was 6 months, just got it last week. 

FML....

Anything I should be buying to trying to find before then? (starting 9mm)

I have the MBF, DAA mag check and a extra 9mm seat&crimp die. Got brass and lead but still trying to find powder and primers...

Edited by DirtBag

32 minutes ago, DirtBag said:

FML....

Anything I should be buying to trying to find before then? (starting 9mm)

I have the MBF, DAA mag check and a extra 9mm seat&crimp die. Got brass and lead but still trying to find powder and primers...

Bullets are still allowing back orders and are taking a couple months to come in from bayou and rmr.  Berry’s has jacked up their prices so I wouldn’t recommend them.  I’ve been able to get ahold of powder pretty easily. I wouldn’t even bother worrying about primers right now. Wait till this all passes and buy them in bulk for .03 a piece and then stock up. I’m patting myself on the back right now for buying in bulk years ago so I’m not out of them now.  Sometimes the small mom and pop shops might have some primers but at this point they’ve probably been picked through. I was able to round up several thousand 400 at a time doing that even when stuff was all sold out. I’ve mostly been focusing on brass prep lately while stuff is crazy (new brass wet tumbler and dryer etc...). 

I purchased my RL 1100 directly from Dillon on November 20,2020 with the 9mm kit.  Received the shipping confirmation yesterday, February 18, 2021.  Looking forward to upgrade from my 650 to the 1100 as not having an inline swage was driving me crazy.  

Hope this gives everyone a sense the wait times.  Note the wait time when I ordered was estimated at 12 weeks and it was 12 weeks before it shipped. Now wait times are up to 24 weeks and I'm guessing it will take the full 24 weeks to get one.

Of course with the shortage of reloading components, once I have my press set up it will only take a couple of days to exhaust my stockpile of components.