Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How long has everyone waited for their RL1100 to come from Dillon?

14 hours ago, DirtBag said:

Ready for "Constructive" feedback.

I ordered the Tension reset spring for the MBF already. Still need to further adjust that as well since I'm getting maybe 2/100 rounds upside down.

No range data yet. 

Part of your problem with the bullet feeder looks like the issue I had when I setup my newe MBF on my new 1100 a couple of weeks ago. Here's a thread I started on it. Get DAA to send you the chamfer video:

Good advice already given on the flipped bullets. Work on the adjustments and angle of the bin to cure that. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/19/2021 at 7:29 AM, jejb said:

Yeah, I'd read that kind of thing on the forums, and it's a big part of the reason I upgraded. I'm a tool guy, rebuild engines, do all my own maint, even on the diesel pusher. But I have to say I'm not overly impressed by the difference. Yeah, the 1100 frame and camming mechanism are beefier, but probably something that is really only worth it to an almost commercial type operation. I was going to just get the MBF and put it on my great running 650, but the wife was very insistent I get the press also.  I do like having the swagging station though, so it will be worth it in the end. But for most reloaders, it's hard to justify at twice the price, IMO. Not putting the 1100 down here, just sayin'. 

With the swaging station basically get rid of brass sorting, saves a lot of time. Also, the primer seating depth adjustment is only available on 1050/1100. 

6 hours ago, hlsccsfa said:

Dillon website states if ordered without dies, typically they will ship the press within 3 weeks.

Yep, they seem to be catching up a little on the non-die units. The one I bought was actually in stock, which surprised me. 

• 3 weeks later...

The RL1100 is running very smooth now:
Thank you all for the tips, no more issues with MBF upside down drops (1/200) - I'll just keep a eye on them for now and dump the stack if I see any.

Did the Upgrades - 

Added:
DAA MBF Tension Spring - and re-adjusted it
Fixed the DAA Mag Powder check - *Used a straw
Starlight LED lamp

3.5mm Borescope (replaced the first one)

*Using One-Shot lube (shake the bag and dry)

First 50rds shot real light, didn't bother to Chrono them (didn't have one)

>>

Loads set for testing:
9mm: 115Gr FMJ RN Berrey's 
CCI 500 (SPP)
Hodgdon CFE Pistol

#1 - 4.85 Gr
#2 - 5.2  Gr
#3 - 5.4  Gr

I'll be back with some range data. 

• 4 months later...
On 1/25/2021 at 6:37 AM, KDHOLLAND said:

What has been the wait time on Dillon RL1100?

I ordered my RL1100 back on Dec 3rd. I received it Jan 15. I figured with the holidays in the middle of that, it was a pretty good turn around time. I picked up a 9mm without dies. Oddly enough, the dies were in stock and Scheels and my wife surprised me with a set.

11 hours ago, ddc said:

Did that include dies?

Yes, 9mm dies are included. Dillon fills orders in the order received, it looks like they recently filled some dealer back orders. Looks like a number of resellers now have stock.