Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How long has everyone waited for their RL1100 to come from Dillon?

@Tom Freeman @ChadJamesR This is encouraging - Please post pics and info when you get them setup. I'm surprised at the lack of updated photo's/vids of people as the RL1100's are the current hot ticket and we know they're getting out there. 

Still won't do me any good to get it sooner (Haven't found 1 box of primers yet)but I look for updates ever day.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, jubi351 said:

Just happened to be on BSPS, they had one in stock. At my door in 3 days.

Yep. I did that too. 

About 14 weeks into my wait I grabbed one from BSPS while waiting on my original order. 😜

Just now, Sigarmsp226 said:

May I ask what caliber?  Want to tell my son to be on this lookout if they are getting 9mm systems  into their inventory.

9mm, they also had an Evolution come in at the same time.

• 2 months later...

Purchased Jan 10th for DAA, they said they placed the order with Dillon December 20th and was quoted a 24 week lead time. Then I heard it got pushed to 36 weeks, so I canceled and ordered directly from Dillon last week without dies, and it was at my door 3 days later. Just buy other dies to get you by and wait 36 weeks for Dillon dies if they are a must have for you. I just took mine off my xl750....and then ordered a 4set of Lee dies off eBay to try.

Edited by JBaum

I ordered an 1100 in 9mm without dies on 4/24. It was delivered 5/14.

I ordered direct from Dillon off of their website.

Edited by ddc

On 5/21/2021 at 9:22 PM, ddc said:

I ordered an 1100 in 9mm without dies on 4/24. It was delivered 5/14.

I ordered direct from Dillon off of their website.

That is interesting that Dillon is doing that.  Good option since it seems the dies are causing most of the delays on 1100s.  9mm and .223 RL1100s will have the longest wait if ordering with dies.

DDC - Thanks again. I contacted Dillon yesterday (Monday) after reading your post and you are right - I asked if I could revise our January 7, 2021 order to ship without dies and the kind gentleman said - Yes Sir you can since it could be close to the end of the year before your order ships with dies.....He said I should receive a shipping conformation from Dillon Precision in the next two weeks where my sons RL1100 is in route.  

Thanks again for posting the details you did....Just saved my son (and me) 4-6 month additional wait time...Mark

Dirt - The Dillon guy I spoke to yesterday said that he could not change our order to ship the dies separately. He said he could modify the RL1100 press order to reflect - no dies and if I wanted dies he would have to put in a new order in their system and right now he said he had no way of knowing how long it would take to get the 9mm dies and I would also have to pay separate shipping on the die set whenever it became available. 

I just modified our order for a press without dies. He did confirm the system comes with everything else needed to load 9mm including the caliber conversion kit, small primer system pre-loaded, powder drop, small pistol case feed plate, the swage punch and everything else that usually is provided with a complete system - just not the de-prime/re-size die, seating die, and the taper crimp die.....Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to Dillon Precision again today since it was May 24th when I last called and changed our RL1100 9mm system to a “die-less” system...Based on the very nice Dillon Team Member I spoke with today the current lead time now for “die-less” RL1100 systems is 4-6 weeks and lead time for 9mm RL1100 systems with dies is now 11-12 months.....Thought I would share this info for anyone who is considering ordering the RL1100 system...

The gentlemen at Dillon said the current hold up on “die-less” systems is the shell plates....He said they are manufactured in the US and their current supplier continues to provide weekly shipments to Dillon.....