Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is this holster legal for Limited?

ZoomZoom

• 4 weeks later...

Ive got a Ted Blocker like that for an open or long slide... Yes legal, but not all that secure especially if gun is hit from the rear.  Ive seen that model with an add on retention strap for walking around use. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2020 at 10:26 AM, Joe4d said:

Ive seen that model with an add on retention strap for walking around use. 

Would that run afoul of the rule that says retention straps must be used when present (5.2.5.3)? I guess if it's not permanently attached to the holster, reading it again, it's fine—snaps on both sides, or something.

Speaking of which, I need to cut the retaining straps off of my $7 canvas tri-mag pouches before the next time I shoot a semi-auto.

The old holster test rule was something like

being able to retain the gun while doing a 360 degree forward roll, doing a vertical jump and rotating 360 degrees on a vertical axis, vaulting a 3’ high vertical wall, and any retention device used for the holster test must be used throughout match.

back then I thought it was cool, now  think I’d end up in traction 

28 minutes ago, rishii said:

The old holster test rule was something like

being able to retain the gun while doing a 360 degree forward roll, doing a vertical jump and rotating 360 degrees on a vertical axis, vaulting a 3’ high vertical wall, and any retention device used for the holster test must be used throughout match.

back then I thought it was cool, now  think I’d end up in traction 

Yeah, no kidding.😂😂

I think it was 180 degree not 360 on the vertical jump.

Tests could also be built into stage descriptions; For example start at point ‘A” and run to point ‘B’ before drawing or touching the gun. If it fell out then it failed the test and DQ, such stages usually started with an unloaded gun for some reason😎

6 hours ago, ima45dv8 said:

I've got a Yacqui around here somewhere that's over 40 years old.

I always like the minimalist aspect of it.

They are great for showing off a sexy pistol.  Not so much for weapon retention and those sharp target front sights rip into them with every draw.