Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suspender Wearers

Farmer

Just wondering if anyone wears suspenders with their gun belt? I wear Perry type everyday but getting them over the inner belt and lining up everything else is a pain. Thinking of logger style with buttons or maybe loop type. With diverticulitis it gets painful to keep a belt tight enough to hold everything plus keep my britches up too. Hard to run with your pants & gear down by your knees and nobody wants to see that either! 😬

9 minutes ago, Farmer said:

Just wondering if anyone wears suspenders with their gun belt? I wear Perry type everyday but getting them over the inner belt and lining up everything else is a pain. Thinking of logger style with buttons or maybe loop type. With diverticulitis it gets painful to keep a belt tight enough to hold everything plus keep my britches up too. Hard to run with your pants & gear down by your knees and nobody wants to see that either! 😬

5.3.1 objectionable garments are not allowed. 😂

6 hours ago, Sarge said:

5.3.1 objectionable garments are not allowed. 😂

Ahh so that’s why I don’t see any Amish or Hutterian’s in the shooting sports. 🤣

Edited by Farmer

https://www.perrysuspenders.com/online-store/uBEE-c25452200

Try this style, I use them on occasion with farrier chaps or carying while mounted, as I carry cross draw at 11 oclock. They only have 2 clips. 1 on each side vs the usual 3 point. The side clips stay back at 9 and 3, generally out of the way for me.
Far as an under , over I would think just clip them to the over belt. The inner belt velcro should hold pants up and the overbelt has all the weight.

3 hours ago, Joe4d said:

https://www.perrysuspenders.com/online-store/uBEE-c25452200

Try this style, I use them on occasion with farrier chaps or carying while mounted, as I carry cross draw at 11 oclock. They only have 2 clips. 1 on each side vs the usual 3 point. The side clips stay back at 9 and 3, generally out of the way for me.
Far as an under , over I would think just clip them to the over belt. The inner belt velcro should hold pants up and the overbelt has all the weight.

Don’t you think they would get in the way of the holster and mag pouches? The idea of them hooking on the sides where the weight is seems like a good idea though. I do use the Perry style of clips now with my everyday wear pair. 

1 hour ago, Farmer said:

Don’t you think they would get in the way of the holster and mag pouches? The idea of them hooking on the sides where the weight is seems like a good idea though. I do use the Perry style of clips now with my everyday wear pair. 

well depends on the division. Limited and open, my holsters and mag pouch would be in front. If you are shooting production,, may have a mag pouch issue. 
That or turn them inside out, then the hooks are going under the belt instead of over.

Edited by Joe4d

I often  shoot with suspenders.  My Open gun is so heavy I cannot tighten the belt enough to keep it in place.  Lately I've been going without suspenders and bagging the gun after every run, al a. SCSA.  Most timing or scoring ROs have no problem with that.  The reason I started doing that is as a timing RO I have to contend with some jack rabbits.  It's way easier if I don't have a heavy gun flapping while I run.

You could possibly get a version of the duty suspenders for Police / security officers, maybe Uncle Mikes or one of the equipment providers like 5.11 or Blackhawk  may have something.

2019 Duty Belt Suspenders Readiness Suspenders Tooling Weight Lifting  Straps Tactical Belt Suspensores Para Suspender Girdles From Mart001,  $15.38| DHgate.Com

Edited by terrydoc

Farmer

i wear suspenders every day.  I’ve tried about every type available including the Perry Style. 

I like the trucker style made by hold up suspender company. They have a metal pin inside the clip that holds your pants up. These type do NOT wear holes in my pants like the clip on type. 

If holding up your pants while wearing a gun belt or tool belt, these will probably work for you. They do for me. 

they come in a variety of colors. Obligatory link below. I have no financial connection to this company beyond being a satisfied customer. 

-John 

https://www.holdupsuspenders.com/products/copy-of-dark-denim-trucker-style-2-wide-hipclip-suspenders-with-patented-no-slip-clips