Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to buy primers

Chompion

13 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

may be selling some Winchester large pistol, around 10k, How do I ship these ? I probably still have a heavy duty powder valley box.

You need to be certified to ship hazmat. It involves taking classes and having permits. People do ship that are not certified but if you get caught there are fines. (Probably most of them selling on gunbroker for 150 a 1000) Best to sell locally face to face. 

15 minutes ago, MikeyScuba said:

I've already added to my stash a few weeks ago.  Federals take up a LOT of space. 

There’s a list of reasons I keep my guns quite hungry for primers as tough as CCI and S&B. Packaging size is very much one of those. You’re not joking.

Most of my ammo gets loaded with CCI Magnum 550s. They’re easier to find, 650/1050 presses really run through them well, and my guns run om them. A bonus is arriving at a big match with Winchester or S&B primed ammo KNOWING it’ll run flawlessly, since the weapon has been chewing through brick-hard primers. 😂

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I shoot mostly revo so I'm stuck with federals.  Our semi's run Fiocchi 's.  Boy do they take up a whole lot less space.  If I were to add the federal match primers to the regular fed. primers pile it would almost be at eye level. 

However.....My wife shoots just as much I as do so in reality I have only half the primers I have. lol

1 minute ago, Joe4d said:

I suggest you first delete your post then read forum rules before a mod comes along and bans you.

Should be banned anyway for selling primers at that price. Pathetic!

On 7/29/2020 at 10:35 AM, Joe4d said:

may be selling some Winchester large pistol, around 10k, How do I ship these ? I probably still have a heavy duty powder valley box.

To ship UPS you need have gone through the proper training and ID the package with the right labels to ship HazMat. There are certain amounts you can ship, 10K primers should be OK.

• 7 months later...