Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What’s a good 365 IWB holster?

21 hours ago, cheers623 said:

The DeSantis Slim-Tuk is ambidextrous, thin, light, and in stock everywhere. Also cheap! I carry it everyday with my 365 and LOVE it!

I got several Slim Tuks from Midway recently when they were on sale for $16. I have the P365XL, so I put a little heat on the muzzle end to open it up for the longer slide. Then I found the XL works in the Glock 48 Slim Tuk as is. Decent holsters for the price, but would be better with a claw to pull the butt in. 

I used Vedder LTs for my p365 and g43.  They were good for AIWB however I recently switched to TXC X1 holsters and they're even more comfortable than the Vedders.  They're minimalist holsters and have a built in wedge for better concealment.

There is a guy in Buffalo area Braun Concealment that has made a couple holsters for my P365. He makes an IWB with a choice of clip options and an OWB that fits tight. He is a custom kydex holster maker and can make whatever you want for reasonable prices. 

On 7/9/2020 at 1:23 PM, cheers623 said:

The DeSantis Slim-Tuk is ambidextrous, thin, light, and in stock everywhere. Also cheap! I carry it everyday with my 365 and LOVE it!

I just got one of these from Amazon and, at first try, it seem to be comfortable and well made and certainly very reasonably priced.   A major attraction is it's ambidextrous and I'm left-handed.

22 hours ago, SteelCityShooter said:

I just got one of these from Amazon and, at first try, it seem to be comfortable and well made and certainly very reasonably priced.   A major attraction is it's ambidextrous and I'm left-handed.

That’s the same thing for me! Being lefty sucks because if you don’t like a holster...no one wants to buy it! My only advice on the DeSantis is to loctite the adjustment hook position. On IWB holsters for lefties, there’s always an inadvertent chance of hitting the mag release. I did it on a number of very expensive big-name holsters for my P365. The manufacturers had to eventually admit that they hadn’t thought about that possibility and they refunded my money both times. This DeSantis can let that happen if the hanger screw is loose. I just adjust it properly and then loctite and check it every few weeks. No problems 

4 hours ago, cheers623 said:

My only advice on the DeSantis is to loctite the adjustment hook position. On IWB holsters for lefties, there’s always an inadvertent chance of hitting the mag release. I did it on a number of very expensive big-name holsters for my P365. The manufacturers had to eventually admit that they hadn’t thought about that possibility and they refunded my money both times. This DeSantis can let that happen if the hanger screw is loose. I just adjust it properly and then loctite and check it every few weeks. No problems 

Yes, in fact the owner's sheet that came with the holster specifically noted that problem if you reverse the holster to left handed use.  I haven't loctited it but do have it good and tight.

An alternative is to reverse the magazine catch which you can do on the P365.  However, I'm so used to using my trigger finger to release magazines I'm not going to reverse it.

I got this off eBay a couple days ago. It’s the Boraii Halcyon. I found the Slim Tuk moved around a lot on the one belt clip, and the butt of the gun printed a little more than I liked. The Halcyon has a Raven Concealment Claw to pull the butt into the body, and the center mounted clip keeps it from rocking around. Only $37, and lots of gun models to choose from. And the cant is adjustable for behind the hip or appendix inside the waistband. 

75673659-425F-4D2B-86B6-2C1FC17DAC0E.jpeg

Edited by OPENB

• 3 weeks later...

So This is my review of this awesome holster! 

Been wearing it since I got my 365 and it rocks! Not only does it wear well but I didn’t have to pay $50+ dollars and wait 5 weeks for it to ship to me. Here’s the link! Highly recommended 

https://www.amazon.com/Gunhide-Slim-Tuk-Holster-Without-Ambidextrous/dp/B07QHZTLGG/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=DeSantis+Gunhide&qid=1597542800&sr=8-11

I've always taken a minimalist approach IWB. I refuse to carry anything with a rail, or protuberances that can rub on me. 

That said, fat, hard holsters like kydex are unyielding and uncomfortable so I only carry IWB in front with a soft suede holster like the one in the pic. If they're large enough they can easily be re-sewn with catgut to fit just about any handgun profile. 

Note this is not one of my holsters, that gun does not fit the holster, it's set in too deep not allowing a full grip. 

suede_deerskin_iwb.jpg

Edited by gnappi