Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark7 Evolution - Tuning & Troubleshooting

You don’t need the optical decap if you have swags sense. Looking at the design of the swage sense and how the sensor works I don’t think there’s is any stress on it. 

Bullet sense also stops you from having empty shells and powder spilled everywhere. 

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Thetimb said:

Bullet sense also stops you from having empty shells and powder spilled everywhere. 

^^ This. I don't think I have loaded more than 500 rounds or so without the Mr. BulletFeeder skipping dropping a bullet or having one upside down. So, for me bullet sense makes perfect sense ;) 

Press mounted. Converting the bullet sense and swage sense tomorrow. I might actually have some time on Saturday to make some ammo.

I am just waiting on my new powder check and primer collator and this will be one sweet setup.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_aad.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_aaf.jpg

7 hours ago, cvincent said:

Why buy an evolution with an autodrive and primer collator vs. buying a revolution?
Just curious..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, dansedgli said:

And he already had the autodrive. 

Cant wait to see how these go.  Im tempted to upgrade. 

Yep! I already had the auto drive on my 1050. Revolution is 10k and I am no where near that price in parts/upgrades.

The evolution has all of the learning mistakes from the Revolution ironed out. I didn't want to be the first group of people with a new press ;)

On 7/8/2018 at 10:16 PM, slavex said:

Yes, but why would you? 

I'm used to having different powder measures preset for a specific charge.  Saves time of having to weigh a charge change and then verifying it's actual velocity.

I always verify the charge is what I have listed, since the bar has a set screw locking the bar there's usually a tenth difference but it has worked very consistently for me, but don't have to verify velocity again.  It's part of my OCD Reloading Complex, but it works and is consistent.

A micro meter type measure is good, just I'm used to different methods.  I'm thinking of a 9mm progressive and would load different bullets and powder charges for minor/major.

besides I have 3 dillon powder measures now!

The Mk7 powder drop can do exactly the same level of precision, if not better, than the Dillon. One caveat to using a Dillon on the Mk7 is that you'd have to use the spring return setup as there is no where to connect the backup rod to reset the measure. 

18 hours ago, Superpipe9 said:

This is why I have been hesitant on getting one. Dillons customers service is top notch and hard to beat. Hopefully mark7 will step it up in this department but so far I’ve heard and read a lot of stories like this. 

There customer service has been top notch for me. I am just mindful that they are bringing a new product to market. If you don't want to deal with the little things that are kind of annoying just wait till they have their internal processes/manufacturing figured out.

I got my press up and running in no time with the bullet sensor and swage sense. I am just waiting on the powder sensor and primer collator. 

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered my Evo Pro June 12th from Shooters Connection and received it earlier this week. It's setup now but I'm still getting things dialed in. Had some early problems with it stopping too often while priming, but that appears to be I had the clutch set too low. Previously I had it set to 2 for 9mm, now at 3 it's working fine (though when a bullet topples it really shoves it hard into the case.)

My biggest issue right now is the powder measure is throwing up to half a grain of variation (3.0-3.5 gr of N320). I haven't had a chance to talk to Mark 7 about it yet, but so far they've really shown fantastic customer support.

My biggest issue right now is the powder measure is throwing up to half a grain of variation (3.0-3.5 gr of N320). I haven't had a chance to talk to Mark 7 about it yet, but so far they've really shown fantastic customer support.

I noticed variation first time I messed with the powder measure. It was consistent when going for ”2” on top and bottom dwell. I use RS12, pellets like n320.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

1 hour ago, tedahlenius85 said:

I noticed variation first time I messed with the powder measure. It was consistent when going for ”2” on top and bottom dwell. I use RS12, pellets like n320.

Thanks, that's a good idea. I don't think I have any dwell time programmed in right now. I'll try that out.

Also, props for Mark 7's support policies and employees. Sean from their support team saw my post here about the variation in powder charges, and within hours reached out to me via email to get more info about what I was experiencing and to offer help. I mentioned in my earlier post how impressed I am with their support in the very limited time I've been working with them, and here's another example where they're really going above and beyond what you typically see. I have not purchased a priority support subscription, just a plain-old customer.

Revolution got delivered yesterday afternoon. Got all the connections made and ran it without any brass at all speeds. Later just deprimed a bunch of brass at all speeds. A tad more tidying up and will be setting up the dies today. Goal is to start making ammo tonight or tomorrow.

67170968_Revolutionsetup1.thumb.jpg.89f8ae871208eb5c4c4a78127f6cb71b.jpg

2 hours ago, tanks said:

Revolution got delivered yesterday afternoon. Got all the connections made and ran it without any brass at all speeds. Later just deprimed a bunch of brass at all speeds. A tad more tidying up and will be setting up the dies today. Goal is to start making ammo tonight or tomorrow.

67170968_Revolutionsetup1.thumb.jpg.89f8ae871208eb5c4c4a78127f6cb71b.jpg

Wow ? Very nice!  Can’t wait wait to get ours.  Is that a roll sizing machine off to the left?

1 hour ago, Judo said:

Wow ? Very nice!  Can’t wait wait to get ours.  Is that a roll sizing machine off to the left?

Yeah, automated Case Pro 100. I have set up a U die for resizing over the priming station, so roll sizing the brass to factory specs means less resistance, not to mention getting rid of the nasty Glock bulges. ;) 

Almost there, MrBulletFeeder and powder measure adjustment left. Resizing, belling, bullet seating and crimping dies all adjusted. I will test the bullet feeder without cutting the spring but most likely I will have to do that as it seems a bit long. Powder measure is adjusted enough so it activates with a case and does not when there is no case, so all I will have to do is have it dispense 4.8 grains of N320 and I am done.

Edited by tanks

1 hour ago, tanks said:

Yeah, automated Case Pro 100. I have set up a U die for resizing over the priming station, so roll sizing the brass to factory specs means less resistance, not to mention getting rid of the nasty Glock bulges. ;) 

Almost there, MrBulletFeeder and powder measure adjustment left. Resizing, belling, bullet seating and crimping dies all adjusted. I will test the bullet feeder without cutting the spring but most likely I will have to do that as it seems a bit long. Powder measure is adjusted enough so it activates with a case and does not when there is no case, so all I will have to do is have it dispense 4.8 grains of N320 and I am done.

Very nice.  An automated roll sizer is definitely on my short list of things to get.  We bought 90k pieces of 9mm brass that were roll sized.  Out of 10k that I’ve loaded so far, I don’t think I’ve ever had one round fail a chamber check using the Hundo gauge.  Roll sizing the brass seems the way to go before doing the regular resizing during loading.  Before the roll sizing, I was probably getting 10-12 percent failures because of the bulges at the bottom of the cases.  

1 hour ago, tanks said:

Are you using the N320 to load 38 Super Comp?  I don’t personally have any 38 Super Guns but was thinking of trying it for my 9mm CZ Shadow 2’s as I shoot USPSA Prodicrion Division.  A buddy of mine recommended that powder to me a couple years back when I first started learning to reload.  He shoots USPSA Open Division with 38 Super Comp.  I watched when the RO’s chrono’d his ammo at a major match and the his velocities were very close.  I’m wondering if that was because of the N320.