Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are aftec extractors worth it?

nhyrum

9 hours ago, zzt said:

I talked to George at EGW yesterday.  He is willing to reproduce what he did for Atlas for a 50 piece order.  Normal pricing and dealer discount.  I'm going to talk it up locally to see if there is any interest.  If not, I'll buy the fixture.

Not sure if it's worth the hassle, but you could check with the mods and see if it's ok to post an ad in the classifieds for a group buy. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ltdmstr said:

Not sure if it's worth the hassle, but you could check with the mods and see if it's ok to post an ad in the classifieds for a group buy. 

Sorry...

Advertising
The general forums are not for any advertising whatsoever.
Please do not advertise products or services for yourself or for others in your posts or your Signature, either with text, links, Avatars or images.
However, a non-linked, single line of text in your Signature stating "Team ______" is permitted.
"Group Buys" are not permitted on Brian's Forums. And WTB (Want To Buy) Posts are only permitted in the Classified Forums.

13 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Sorry...

Advertising
The general forums are not for any advertising whatsoever.
Please do not advertise products or services for yourself or for others in your posts or your Signature, either with text, links, Avatars or images.
However, a non-linked, single line of text in your Signature stating "Team ______" is permitted.
"Group Buys" are not permitted on Brian's Forums. And WTB (Want To Buy) Posts are only permitted in the Classified Forums.

Thanks.  I wasn't planning on advertising here.  As I said, I'll talk it up locally to shooters and gun builder to see if there it enough interest.

• 9 months later...

Has anyone ever figured out what's going on with these guys? When are they going to be back in stock anywhere? 

Aftec have not been in stock anywhere for a while. I found a company Eemann Tech that makes a similar extractor. I’m in a middle of a build and was thinking about ordering one. Maybe someone on this forum has experience with the Eemann Tech extractor that can give some feedback 

I purchased an Eemann Tech competition extractor for my STI 9mm major.

It is perfect in every way and the installation was trivial/drop-in. My new Aftec's were hopeless as described in the various comments. By the way the springs and saddle are interchangeable.

5 hours ago, jim vaughan said:

It is perfect in every way and the installation was trivial/drop-in. My new Aftec's were hopeless as described in the various comments. By the way the springs and saddle are interchangeable.

5 hours ago, ALL_comped_EVERYTHING said:

Aftec have not been in stock anywhere for a while. I found a company Eemann Tech that makes a similar extractor. I’m in a middle of a build and was thinking about ordering one. Maybe someone on this forum has experience with the Eemann Tech extractor that can give some feedback 

Where did you buy them from? I just Googled it and a place called dot 40. Net popped up? Ever heard of them? Here's the link https://www.dot40.net/product/competition-extractor-for-1911-2011/ theres no street address on the website 

On 3/10/2024 at 12:51 AM, jim vaughan said:

I wonder if they bought out aftec?

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2024 at 11:15 AM, SSGJohnV said:

Cool to see SC has those now. I'm running one in my LO gun and it's been great so far. I had to order it from over seas and took a while to get here. 

I've completely given up on Aftec types.  Now I use only EGW HD extractors.  They run 100% and last seemingly forever.  I will not that for 9mm I have them custom milled so the are 9mm specific, not 9/40.