Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Mighty Armory 9MML

cool

Finally a 9 mm tool that calibrates the socket to the original dimension.
Patrick Waine specifies that it is possible to use it without grease but as it is mounted on the M7 Evo press to reduce the effort on the lever I use a lanolin and alcohol mixture.
The cartridges finished I pass them to the 9mm gauge it is perfect, finished the ugly constricted at the base of the cartridge.
Bravo quality tools.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

On 12/14/2019 at 5:57 PM, chevrofreak said:

So what is the difference between the 9mm match and the 9mm TNT?

I want to see what is different between the dies you mentioned as well as a Lee U die. 

the decapping spring design is a good one and really reduces primer pullback.

''So what is the difference between the 9mm match and the 9mm TNT?''

I think it's the same

'' What makes this any different than any other resizing die? ''

the 9mml case is concentric, I had 2 Dillon and Lee tools, none respects the concentricity of the cartridge once finished.

''Yes, please give more info. Looked at their site.... no carbide? Don’t like lubing pistol cases.''

According to P. Wayne superior to carbide

''the decapping spring design is a good one and really reduces primer pullback. ''

I don't know I do before the cleaning process of the case and decapping

3 hours ago, cool said:

''Yes, please give more info. Looked at their site.... no carbide? Don’t like lubing pistol cases.''

According to P. Wayne superior to carbide

Manufacturer saying something is "superior" doesn't really mean anything... Is it as hard as carbide or how has the superiority been achieved?

1 hour ago, mikamarj said:

Manufacturer saying something is "superior" doesn't really mean anything... Is it as hard as carbide or how has the superiority been achieved?

I agree. If it’s better I don’t mind paying for one I just want to know why exactly it’s supposed to be . 

2 hours ago, mikamarj said:

It’s not carbide. I don’t run one without lubing it.

I bought the MA die because of the beefiness of the decapping pin.

A lot of guys like the lack of cokebottle look: the reloads can pass for factory ammo. But the wasp waist of a U-die never bothered me and I miss everything expect bending (even hardened) decapping pins.

22 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

It’s not carbide. I don’t run one without lubing it.

I bought the MA die because of the beefiness of the decapping pin.

A lot of guys like the lack of cokebottle look: the reloads can pass for factory ammo. But the wasp waist of a U-die never bothered me and I miss everything expect bending (even hardened) decapping pins.

I agree I do not like bending recapping pins. I guess I am not sure how it resizes better than a normal resizing die that is adjusted all the way to the shell plate . There is only so far the case can go into the die unless you have one of those pass through dies . I went to a U die because it’s better to case gauge and not have a malfunction on a stage than to look pretty in a box . 

53 minutes ago, Bmans45 said:

I went to a U die because it’s better to case gauge and not have a malfunction on a stage than to look pretty in a box . 

Truth.  Been using a U die for 45 and 9mm for years. 

On 12/16/2019 at 5:20 AM, mikamarj said:

they are the recommended dies for the M7 line of presses. I agree though the comment doesn't have any basis.

5 hours ago, Bmans45 said:

I agree I do not like bending recapping pins. I guess I am not sure how it resizes better than a normal resizing die that is adjusted all the way to the shell plate . There is only so far the case can go into the die unless you have one of those pass through dies . I went to a U die because it’s better to case gauge and not have a malfunction on a stage than to look pretty in a box . 

Udies size a tad lower than regular dies. Especially Dillon.

I tried one of their 9mm sizing dies early on.  I ended up sending the die back twice and just gave up on it after the 3rd die that I received.

I was never able to get enough neck tension using the MA die - despite hours of adjusting the amount of flare, changing the powder drop tube, etc. Wayne gave great customer service but I just didn't see the benefits of the MA die at the end of the day. 

The dies look great and are well finished. The decapping pin on my die was very stout.  Hopefully the new versions of these dies work good for those who buy them. 

I've gone back to Redding and Lee dies. 

4 minutes ago, Jim Watson said:

I don't think I can pull the handle fast enough to need a loading die with a heat sink.  I guess it is for the motorized presses. 

even then my lee u dies doesn't get that hot.

16 minutes ago, Hooked said:

I tried one of their 9mm sizing dies early on.  I ended up sending the die back twice and just gave up on it after the 3rd die that I received.

I was never able to get enough neck tension using the MA die - despite hours of adjusting the amount of flare, changing the powder drop tube, etc. Wayne gave great customer service but I just didn't see the benefits of the MA die at the end of the day. 

The dies look great and are well finished. The decapping pin on my die was very stout.  Hopefully the new versions of these dies work good for those who buy them. 

I've gone back to Redding and Lee dies. 

I did the same with their decapping die, though I have been interested to try the new design with a spring.

None of those have anything to do with neck tension.
It’s the diameter sizing bore that matters.

I did the same with their decapping die, though I have been interested to try the new design with a spring.

Adding the flicker spring works great in both the dedicated decapping and decap & sizing dies.
That’s the reason I use them. Everything failed more or less miserably.

15 minutes ago, candiru said:

Adding the flicker spring works great in both the dedicated decapping and decap & sizing dies.
That’s the reason I use them. Everything failed more or less miserably.

I have been using the fw arms dies and really like them.

19 hours ago, Laxman2809 said:

they are the recommended dies for the M7 line of presses. I agree though the comment doesn't have any basis.

I think only the decapping die and swage backup die are recommended for Mark 7.
My Mark 7 came with Lee dies, pay more and you get Redding.