Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Mighty Armory 9MML

cool

Thanks Hurley. I'm using the MA decapper and hold down dies and the latter sometimes nicks the case mouth of my .223 brass when using a progressive press like the Dillon 650 or the MK7 Evo. The cases can wobble a little in the shell plate.

I have the FW decapper and hold down/backer dies on order and am most cusious if the hold down/backer die will keep all my case mouths undamaged.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been using MA 2 decapping dies for some time now and decided to order one of his sizing does some time ago together with the shorty die to run in my 650.
Just got around to switching out the dies and I get a lot of primer pull back. I think almost 10%. Anybody have the same experience? Never had the problem with the original decappingdies

I have been using MA 2 decapping dies for some time now and decided to order one of his sizing does some time ago together with the shorty die to run in my 650.
Just got around to switching out the dies and I get a lot of primer pull back. I think almost 10%. Anybody have the same experience? Never had the problem with the original decappingdies

Get and use the MA flick springs.
Still literally zero suck back since I added them.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 10:19 PM, hurley326 said:

ive been using the FW arms dies and they have been working great. I just ordered the MA dies so will let you guys know what is better once I run the MA

Did you ever end up posting more info about this? I ordered a Mark 7 Evo last week and am trying to decide on which dies to go with right now.

The FW arms dies are genius. There is nothing that compares to their auto center feature PERIOD.

However, they are primarily useful for loading Rifle. It wasn’t until recently, well after I got mine, that I saw the company mention this.

I have a toolhead setup with the FW arms dies and another with the MA Shorty Bull Decap die and they both work the same for pistol. The MA shorty bull Decap die is only $30 and you don’t need the red or the blue other dies unless your loading larger rifle rounds. I believe the shorty bull even works for 223/556. The MA shorty swage is about the same price i think, i also use that. The MA doesn’t need an auto centering feature because the opening width of the die is twice the size of the case your loading. As long as your loading under 2,500 rounds per hour i haven’t had issue with the pin not finding the center of the primer hole. I also run my press with a slightly slower index setting of 1 to ensure I don’t have powder spillage and that the next case is in line before the press completes the cycle.

So even though the FW arms is a better design, I will buy the MA for future tool heads since all the benefit of the more expensive die isn’t needed with pistol. If your doing any rifle then 100% go FW arms which is $55. If your only getting one decapper and swage die and will repurpose for different calibers including rifle then 100% go with FW arms. If you plan on running your press at ultra high speed above 2,500 rounds per hour then go with Fw arms. If you don’t care about spending an extra $25 and just want to future proof your purchase then go with FW Arms. If your only planning to do pistol and under 2,500 rounds per hour then save the money and go with MA.

Both companies dies are amazing in terms of pin strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, hurley326 said:

The FW arms dies are genius. There is nothing that compares to their auto center feature PERIOD.

However, they are primarily useful for loading Rifle. It wasn’t until recently, well after I got mine, that I saw the company mention this.

I have a toolhead setup with the FW arms dies and another with the MA Shorty Bull Decap die and they both work the same for pistol. The MA shorty bull Decap die is only $30 and you don’t need the red or the blue other dies unless your loading larger rifle rounds. I believe the shorty bull even works for 223/556. The MA shorty swage is about the same price i think, i also use that. The MA doesn’t need an auto centering feature because the opening width of the die is twice the size of the case your loading. As long as your loading under 2,500 rounds per hour i haven’t had issue with the pin not finding the center of the primer hole. I also run my press with a slightly slower index setting of 1 to ensure I don’t have powder spillage and that the next case is in line before the press completes the cycle.

So even though the FW arms is a better design, I will buy the MA for future tool heads since all the benefit of the more expensive die isn’t needed with pistol. If your doing any rifle then 100% go FW arms which is $55. If your only getting one decapper and swage die and will repurpose for different calibers including rifle then 100% go with FW arms. If you plan on running your press at ultra high speed above 2,500 rounds per hour then go with Fw arms. If you don’t care about spending an extra $25 and just want to future proof your purchase then go with FW Arms. If your only planning to do pistol and under 2,500 rounds per hour then save the money and go with MA.

Both companies dies are amazing in terms of pin strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fw arms will have a lee decapping pin replacement that i am looking forward too.