FTP Alpha3 optic experiences

vgdvc

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/25/2022 at 7:47 PM, motosapiens said:

Looks shockingly similar to a romeo3xl. Do the buttons hold up better? We are having to warranty mrs moto's romeo3xl because one of the buttons stopped working (about a year of shooting, 8-9k rounds?). I'd hate to get 31 months in and have a button crap out on her.

As someone who owns both, I can tell you that the Alpha3 buttons are way better

On 2/25/2022 at 7:47 PM, motosapiens said:

Looks shockingly similar to a romeo3xl. Do the buttons hold up better? We are having to warranty mrs moto's romeo3xl because one of the buttons stopped working (about a year of shooting, 8-9k rounds?). I'd hate to get 31 months in and have a button crap

Edited by UpYoursPal
Duplicate post. Please delete

18 minutes ago, UpYoursPal said:

Hey there!  I recently put the 6 moa Alpha 3 on my open gun as my backup optic, and realized that I misplaced the scope cover.  Where can I buy another one? I don’t see them on your site

We are out of stock on covers until June but Range Panda does offer nice 3D printed ones.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, FTP_Shooting_Sports said:

We have some factory refurbished Alpha 3 red dots in stock. These have been 100% checked and tested and will have the balance of the factory warranty.

We have the following available:

20 month warranty (6 and 8 MOA) $ 320.00
12 month warranty (8 MOA) $ 280.00
6 month warranty (8 MOA) $ 256.00
1 month warranty (8 MOA) $ 240.00

Sent ya a PM

On 12/24/2021 at 12:20 PM, TK66 said:

I used a file on mine. Took just a few minutes to make it fit on the mount for a PT Honcho.

Hello. Just came across this thread. Any chance to get a picture of the fitment with the alpha 3 on the modified Honcho mount? Thanks

11 hours ago, vgdvc said:

Hello. Just came across this thread. Any chance to get a picture of the fitment with the alpha 3 on the modified Honcho mount? Thanks

It’s hard to see. I only filed a little off the front of the dot.  If you look very close you can see 2 small spots of bare aluminum. 

58470B93-3CF5-4762-8971-D4A1F0AEE1B3.jpeg

18 hours ago, TK66 said:

image.jpg

Thanks for the pic. Yes it looks like very little material needs to be taken off. I'm considering taking it off the Mount but your process looks very clean.

Interested in checking if you would be willing to ship 2 of the 20 month warranty units (8MOA) to new Zealand please.  I spoke with the Australian importer but they are charging equivalent to 800 Canadian  $ for the alpha 3. Thanks. 

On 4/17/2022 at 4:45 PM, Sonic52 said:

Interested in checking if you would be willing to ship 2 of the 20 month warranty units (8MOA) to new Zealand please.  I spoke with the Australian importer but they are charging equivalent to 800 Canadian  $ for the alpha 3. Thanks. 

Sorry but we have an exclusive arrangement with the distributor in New Zealand and Australia. They handle all the customs paperwork, warranty etc.  The refurbished items would not be available in your country.

On 4/18/2022 at 9:45 AM, Sonic52 said:

I got one from Tigershark. $800 for Alpha3 is still better than $1200 for a Sig Romeo XL 🙂 Considering what the red dots go for here, it's not that bad.