Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

most versatile/best bipod for PRS

verla

Idk about others, but I use a bipod maybe 10-15% of the time for a PRS match.

really depends on the COF.

but in general, if it’s not prone.  

Bag vs. bipod is normally a toss up for me.

in the same breathe, I’ve had

an atlas, atlas copy, and a harris.

after trying the ckyepod, I sold the rest, and bought another cykepod

Will likely never use another bipod, for PRS/prone shooting.

Edited by mmlook

What do you think about the Sawke Keymod Bipod for Rifles - 6.5-9 Inch Tactical Rifle Bipod Adjustable,CNC QD Lever Mount,360 Degree Swivel Adapter with Bipod Spikes and Keymod Picatinny Rail Mount . Has anyone used it?

Apparently it swivels and pivots to account for uneven terrain. The cost is about $70 which would make it cost competitive with the Harris BRM. 

6 hours ago, verla said:

What do you think about the Sawke Keymod Bipod for Rifles - 6.5-9 Inch Tactical Rifle Bipod Adjustable,CNC QD Lever Mount,360 Degree Swivel Adapter with Bipod Spikes and Keymod Picatinny Rail Mount . Has anyone used it?

Apparently it swivels and pivots to account for uneven terrain. The cost is about $70 which would make it cost competitive with the Harris BRM

If you're going to spend Harris money just get a Harris and be happy that you got a decent American product with a warranty. Those Chinese Atlas knockoffs are not just prone to break, they blatantly infringe on so many patents that I'd feel bad owning one.

ok Tony I agree with you- did not know it was a Chinese knockoff and that being said is not that well made, is prone to break and also infringes on many patents. Will spend my money on a USA, KY made Harris, probably the BRM. Thanks for the information.

Will check to see if anyone is using the Magpul bipod this weekend at our match- lots of shooters will be there. This will give me a chance to "try it" before buying it and I will be able to compare it to the Harris BRM-S.

Another vote for the CKYE pod.  Yes it is expensive, but it is so versatile.  Pan, tilt, high, low, skinny, wide.  Put it on an arca  rail and now you have near and far to add to it.  I can make mine hug a round barrel top, or the convex barrel body if on its side.  Different length legs for logs or even hay bales.  One of most my most versatile pieces of kit, besides my saracen rear bag.

Tried a Magpul bipod this weekend at a match to compare it to the Harris BRM-S which I own. The Harris appears to be stronger and more durable but the Magpul has the pan feature that the Harris does not. How important is that? Do not know but do not use a bipod that much so it may not matter. Think I will stay with my Harris unit a stage/match indicates that I need a Magpul with the pan feature. Both bipods have the tilt feature for uneven ground and to center your bubble level.

Edited by verla
additional infromation

• 3 months later...

I

On 12/8/2019 at 5:07 PM, Atlasguy321 said:

Atlas bipodis very versatile and comes with a ton of adjustment features. It’s pricy but if you already have this kind of set up, then spending $200 on a bipod isn’t bad. Be carful tho. There are Chinese knock offs That are flooding the market. Buy from a reputable seller. 

I have been bit buy the Chinese knockoff problem too many times. Do you have a recommendation for a reputable seller?

2 hours ago, Degnan said:

I

I have been bit buy the Chinese knockoff problem too many times. Do you have a recommendation for a reputable seller?

brownells. Midway USA. Optics planet. Euro optics. 

those are the ones I’ve used in the past. Be carful of your google searches tho. If you see an atlas bipod with a $200 dollar price tag that’s crossed out saying “sale! $75 dollars!” Stay way! Lol it’s gonna be a Chinese knock off. I know some people who buy these and are totally ok with it but in my experience, it’s a crap shoot. I recommend just buying once and crying once.