Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

most versatile/best bipod for PRS

verla

3 hours ago, Degnan said:

I

I have been bit buy the Chinese knockoff problem too many times. Do you have a recommendation for a reputable seller?

Buy them directly from B & T. You can buy the unassembled ones for less if you want to. Additionally, you can get an additional 10% off if your Mil/LE.

https://www.accu-shot.com/catalog_new/53-psr-atlas-bipods-unassembled

• 3 weeks later...

I currently have a Harris bipod on my rifle, but there are a few things I don't like.  1. It doesn't pan or tilt, 2. It doesn't have notches in the leg extensions so I have to adjust the legs and then tighten the lock wheel, 3. The legs are difficult to adjust and lock with one hand, and 4. the legs spring inward not outward, so in order to adjust them, I have to pull against the spring tension and then lock the wheel which, as I mentioned, is a pain one handed.

I was looking at the UTG Recon 360 as a replacement.  I know UTG is not synonymous with quality, but these seem well-made. https://www.opticsplanet.com/leapers-utg-heavy-duty-recon-360-bipod.html?_iv_code=LP-B0-BIPOD-TL-BP03 Does anyone have any experience with these?  

image.png.15c0e90f22e681d422e63a05cc6e61df.png

I have one. Its garbage. Its clunky to use and all the adjustments will loosen and need tightening, until one day its so worn you can't tighten anymore. The Harris is better even though its simpler and way less adjustable.

12 minutes ago, TonytheTiger said:

I have one. Its garbage. Its clunky to use and all the adjustments will loosen and need tightening, until one day its so worn you can't tighten anymore. The Harris is better even though its simpler and way less adjustable.

Thank you for the info!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MDT just displayed a HD version of the CKYE and longer leg extensions at SHOT.  Between the ATLAS and CKYE it's personal choice vs wallet, the CKYE does double up with a panning feature with built in barricade stop.  Purchased a CKYE sight unseen, and like each rifle and caliber it's a better choice for some things than others.  The BRMS  Harris with PodLok does most everything when you need a bipod, though more effort will be required.  Both B&T and MDT offer mil/LE discounts, which helps.  BTW: One of the best bipod systems I have seen was the RND, which I am hoping a major manufacturer picks up and start producing.

• 4 weeks later...

I use a Harris BRM mostly- have a Tiptop pivot pan as a backup. The Harris suits me fine and is ok for matches here in Evansville out to 525 yards. Ground is level for the most part for shooting and can move when prone for the pan. When I get more proficient might get a different bipod but Harris is it for now.

• 5 months later...

I'm a little late to this thread, but I recently was in search for a BiPod for my Bergera Ridgeback. After reading about the different options I was no closer to figuring out what I wanted. So I broke out the CC and ordered a Magpul, Atlas BT10, Atlas BT46, MDT Ckye, Harris clone and an assortment of Rail and Arca mounts to see what was what. The mounts were from MDT and Area 419. After putting them thru their paces, the MDT Ckye is the clear winner for me. And once you add the Arca mount, rail, and barrier stop to the Atlas BT46 the price difference was not a lot between it and the Ckye. The two details that had me favor the Ckye were the ease of adjusting the legs and the fact that they can be spread as well. If you just aren't convinced and go with the Atlas, the Area 419 Arca rails and mount is incredible. For feet my favorite is the Atlas plain spike. This things just plant on whatever they touch. But be careful not to set your rig on your dining room table.

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0410D.jpg

This is the impressive feature about the Ckye that I like so much. The legs spread and it can be made lower, the same or taller than the Atlas just by spreading them.

Problem is right now that nobody seems to have any. I wanted to purchase another for my son and there's none to be found. 

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg