Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Division

AikiDale

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to step on anyone's toes, but I think its worth noting that both Caspian and S&W have been very generous in supporting our shooting sports.

They both make fine 1911s or 1911 parts that will perform very well in the new provisional Division. I support those who support us.

The same gun I use for L-10, my Springer Black Stainless, an Uncle Mike's cheapy paddle holster and two Fobus dual mag pouches. About the only difference is that I'll need to buy some McCormick 8-round Powermags in place of my 10-rounders.

My favorite: a recently aquired Les Baer Premier II, Wilson 47D 8 round mags, Gilmore belt, Wilson "Practical" belt holster, and Bladetech mag pouches. 200gr SWC, 4.3 Clays, Win. brass & primers. (When I get my new [pre-owned] SD-B set up and running!) Oh, happy, happy, joy, joy! :D

Larry

I would love to continue to use the single stack I have used to compete in L-10 with for the last few (since L-10 came into being) years. However, it has a full length dust cover. Kind of sucks that my custom single stack .45 is illegal for the Single Stack division, but those is the breaks I guess.

Colt Combat Elite in 38 Super.  The extra two rounds in the mags will make a huge difference.  Plus shooting minor in a 38 super is like shooting a .22lr

That's what I would do "if" I were to shoot in this new ss division :P

I still have a nib Colt Govt series 80 in the safe and a dozen 10 rd mags...hmmmm

barry B)

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be using my Les Baer 38 super. What kind of mags are you guys using to get 10 rounds of super? I can get 10 + 1 with the wilson mags, but the mag is quite hard to seat. I might try putting the longer base pads on.

Also, Is the Comp-tac staggered 4 mag pouch legal? If so, Is this the way to go?

Sounds like the new SS Provisional division is going to be pretty popular.

I will shoot my Springfield Armory 1911, Mod 9152 with Blade Tech Holster and Safariland Mag holders on CR Speed Belt.

I hope the Safariland 771 is legal.

I have reviewed the rules and I can't see why not.

Same gun I used to shoot in Lim10 with different holster set up and shorter mags.

Tls

Oh, agony of choice! Since we're going to be *filming* the SS Nationals, I would rather use hardware from one of my big sponsors. I'll be a at SIGARMs next week looking at the new overhauled GSRs, and they have Bruce Gray on line to do the tune-up. OTOH, I shot an S&W GUNSITE Special 1911 for last week's 250 class at GUNSITE, and it was such an excellent gun that I bought mine (of the 30 GUNSITE Specials S&W made up for the class, every one was purchased). On the third hand, Taurus is talking about having their 1911 in the pipeline pretty soon, and Bill Laughridge and I were extremely impressed with the protos at SHOT.

Holsterwise, Blade-Tech is willning to make me a holster and mag pouches in SHOOTING GALLERY Duck Yellow...I am so there!

Michael B

Edited by MBaneACP

"Pretty soon " in Taurus language could mean years. They never did release their

Titanuim slide PT140 or the .500 SW revolver they introduced a couple years back

at the SHOT show.

True, however, Taurus did say their 1911 would be out in the 4th quarter of 05 and we still have a month and three weeks. However, I will not be holding my breath in late December... ;)

I'll be a at SIGARMs next week looking at the new overhauled GSRs, and they have Bruce Gray on line to do the tune-up. Michael B

Does the new GSR have a light rail as well? If so, it's not legal for SS Div.

:blink: Personally, I think they should change the rule to something more like IDPA (did I really just say that :huh: ) where you can have light rails, but there is a weight limit and it can't be a full length dust cover, it would include more guns (and sponsors).