Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Division

AikiDale

The new GSR Revolution is minus the light rail, looks much better.

http://www.sigarms.com/products/gsr-models...?product_id=257

Unfortunately they still used that crappy beavertail.

Hopefully they will be addressing some of the other little problems they had like it not feeding or extracting, and hammer leaning.

I never could get mine to feed consistantly. There was too large of a gap between the feedramp and the barrel throat. Hardball would hit it and push the bullet back if it was not crimped down tight.

Wouldn't feed wad cutters at all. And some how in less than 1000 rounds the hook on the extractor broke off!!!

I will say that it was extremely accurate and I really liked the looks of the gun with the flattened slide. Just hope they work out the bugs this go around.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new GSR Revolution is minus the light rail, looks much better.

http://www.sigarms.com/products/gsr-models...?product_id=257

Unfortunately they still used that crappy beavertail.

Hopefully they will be addressing some of the other little problems they had like it not feeding or extracting, and hammer leaning.

I never could get mine to feed consistantly. There was too large of a gap between the feedramp and the barrel throat. Hardball would hit it and push the bullet back if it was not crimped down tight.

Wouldn't feed wad cutters at all. And some how in less than 1000 rounds the hook on the extractor broke off!!!

I will say that it was extremely accurate and I really liked the looks of the gun with the flattened slide. Just hope they work out the bugs this go around.

We had the SIG LE rep at our range today with the new Revolution. Our SWAT team put around 600 rounds through the gun, which was already dirty from the previous days testing with some SWAT guys in Dallas. Not a single bobble. The test gun didn't have light rails (good news) but it did have that horrible grip safety. All in all, however, I was fairly impressed with the gun. We grouped the gun at 25 and it held just under 2in with our ammo. I think the rep said the new gun will cost under $800.

I was more impressed with this pistol than I thought I would be.

I am with ToddRod!

I will be shooting my brand new SA 1911 9mm from a Safariland 561.

Now I just have to figure out how to get the CMC 38Super 10-round mags

to feed 9mm reliably.

Wilson .38 Super mags feed ball fine in my Rock Island/Nowlin and my Kimber 9mm's. I get 99% reliability with Mec-Gar and factory Colt Super mags also. But that's only with ball ammo. I haven't found a Super mag that'll feed JHP's in either pistol.

The best mags I've found are the "Springfield" Metalform mags with the groove in the front. Too bad they only hold nine rounds.

I have quite a few to choose from, but I've decided to go with the following:

Custom Built Caspian/Springfield in .40 S & W

Tripp Mags

Comp-Tac Locking Paddle Holster and Pouches

This gun just "feels" best! Everything else going right, I shoot it better than all the rest!

I can hardly wait!

:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wilson CQB 45 acp black over green. Only thing I will change out is the front site (to a Dawson fiber optic) and I'll be adding an S&A arched mainspring housing along with the speed shute.

My holster will be the Safariland 560 "custom fit" along with a G&G double magazine pouch or two,,,or three to house my Wilson 47 D 8 round magazines.

This SS division should be fun.

What was old is new again....

• 3 weeks later...

Shot single stack at the first 2 local shoots this year. Had a blast, may just stick with it all year.

Gear

Wilson Classic SG 45 acp

Blade Tech DO Holster and pouches

CR Speed belt for the stiffness.

May also shoot Wilson SG in 38 super for minor.

• 1 month later...

Not really necessary. Just carry your main load magazine and a stripper mag, if you use one, or a Barney bullet if you don't. Put the main mag and the stripper mag in your hip pocket. That way you don't need another mag pouch.

Gary

For those who are interested in the holster issue for this years match the following is posted on the USPSA website.

Single Stack Holsters Holster rules for the USPSA Single Stack Division will continue as written through 2006. The BOD felt it was in the best interest of the growth of 1911 Single Stack Division to not change any rules before 2007 if at all possible. The BOD is gathering data throughout 2006 to revise the rules for 2007 to keep the purpose and design of 1911 Single Stack Division from being diluted.

Expect changes in 2007.

Michael Voigt

USPSA President.

FYI,

Gary

• 4 weeks later...
Not really necessary. Just carry your main load magazine and a stripper mag, if you use one, or a Barney bullet if you don't. Put the main mag and the stripper mag in your hip pocket. That way you don't need another mag pouch.

Gary

I ran a lot of 32 round stages at the DTC in Single Stack with 4 on my belt. I carried the starter mag to the line and used the last one on my belt to top off with. I never had to load the last one on my belt. Had there been a 32 round stage with a lot of hard steel, that might have been different. ;)

And oh by the way, since I only posted drift.

Les Baer Premier II in 45 ACP of course.

• 3 years later...

i'm new to competitve shooting, but i've got a s/a loaded that i'm running straight out of the box, at least for now. I'll wait till it's broken in and i've had more time to educate myself before I start any mods.

i'm new to competitve shooting, but i've got a s/a loaded that i'm running straight out of the box, at least for now. I'll wait till it's broken in and i've had more time to educate myself before I start any mods.

Hi Hardway, welcome to the club. I, too, have a SA Loaded and I love. Regarding the mods, some guns seem to run better when you leave them alone... :ph34r:

Been using a S&W stainless target with a Dawson fiber optic, a ton of trigger work and a new Dawson magwell. The Bladetech mag pouches haven't been working so great so today I Dremeled and sanded the bejeezus out of them. I'm trying to find something to act as a spacer to not let the mags go in so far. All I'll have left is to learn to seat the them itsy bitsy mags.

Les Baer Ultimate Master, Tripp Cobra mags, original (old) Bladetech holster and mag pouches. I've been trying to shoot SS a bit, Limited a bit. Not really working, so the SS may be put on hold for a while..

SANY0002.jpg

Springfield Trophy match in .40. Tripp Research System mags with custom anti tilt followers. FO front sight, dawson ice magwell, SVI long flat trigger, EGW raised Mag release, VZ Diamond back grips done by Bobby Keigans.