Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Darrell's 9mm Spreadsheet Load Data

Darrell

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/9/2019 at 4:49 AM, RePete said:

I sent 12glocks the excel file and am willing to do same for others, just message me your email address.

Sent you a message for the data. 

Thanks again 

1 hour ago, sig2009 said:

Need a pdf file. Zip file does not open. You have to pay for it.

Shoot me your email addy and I will send it to you.  Do you have excel?

You can download Open Office for free too.

For new BE Members, who don't recognize Darrell, (He doesn't post very often),

this is The Best Source of info in the world re:  reloading for the 9mm.

Darrell has conducted extensive testing of the cartridge, and various powders
and bullets - measuring not only velocity and power factor, but also accuracy
measured by a Ransom Rest.

I hereby nominate Darrell to be elected to the prestigious M.O.M. award.

:cheers:
Seriously, thank you. This is invaluable information. Can't imagine time and effort it took to do this. Thank you again for knowledge and information.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On 3/8/2019 at 1:22 PM, 12glocks said:

I loaded a unzippng utility on my Macbook.  After extraction there were only 27 loads so it must have been corrupted at some level.

I appreciate the hard work of the OP in this endeavor and have seen some of his data before and it was good!  I would like to say with the greatest respect that in the era of high speed internet connections, I don't really think it's necessary to compress a spreadsheet file.  It's not a audio or video file so and excel file should download in a second or two.  The old KISS rule is coming to mind here.  I am not sure if the OP's compression utility is proprietary or the decompression is not making the jump to my Mac or what?  OR, perhaps there is some forum specific file size requirement issue, I don't know?

At any rate,  I give up here unless someone would graciously like to upload a noncompressed version of the file.  Thanks for listening.

Go through the different tabs on the bottom.  Sheet is tabbed by what gun they were run through.  I thought the same thing at first until I saw the crap load of tabs at the bottom.

I Can unzip it, but it doesn't open with either Excel or Numbers on my mac, message says the extension is invalid. Would really appreciate a PDF file.

Never mind, the second file opens just fine. Thank you so much Darrell, it's an encyclopedia worth of data.

Edited by dspring

Huge thanks for sharing the data. It's quite refreshing to have actual experience and measured results.

"Shoots fine" and "must be the same velocity as factory XYZ because the recoil feels the same" are disappointingly vague and the evil-opposite of this. Our world is a little bit better place because of you and I wish good Kharma your way and downstream to everyone who uses this.