Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Darrell's 9mm Spreadsheet Load Data

Darrell

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For new BE Members, who don't recognize Darrell, (He doesn't post very often),

this is The Best Source of info in the world re:  reloading for the 9mm.

Darrell has conducted extensive testing of the cartridge, and various powders

and bullets - measuring not only velocity and power factor, but also accuracy

measured by a Ransom Rest.

I hereby nominate Darrell to be elected to the prestigious M.O.M. award.

:cheers:

9 hours ago, 12glocks said:

What is a .7z extension?  I have office and was unable to view the data.  I just installed office so I wonder if I have a glitch.

that is a zip file, unzip it and it will be in excel format

It is a ZIP file you need a means to unzip it to get to the excel formatted file. Your PC should prompt you to find a source to open it and it will take you online to download software to accomplish that task. 

5 hours ago, jmtyndall said:

On my phone so I cant open this.what is this spreadsheet about/why should I come back on my computer to check it out? Just curious what I might learn here

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

There is a LOT of good info, I my case, not what I was seeking.

Worth the read and I'm keeping the document so that I can share with my friends.

Any knowledge is good knowledge.

Thanks Darrell.

Edited by RePete

6 hours ago, jmtyndall said:

.what is this spreadsheet about/why should I come back on my computer to check it out? 

Darrell has spent hundreds of hours testing various loads for 9mm, altering the powders,

the powder charges, the OAL's, and the bullets - and then measured velocity and accuracy

thru a Ransom Rest.

His research, which he generously shares with us all, can potentially save each of us

hundreds of hours of our own research.

Which powders and bullets are the most accurate ?   Which velocity is best for accuracy ?

Great stuff - all in one location   :)    

had the zip still wouldnt work, but I uploaded it to my google drive and it opened with google docs. Looks like lots to go over,,,  I had all of my data stored on RCBS.load software. I really liked it but software is obsolete and my old laptop that had data has died,,, I actually saved some of it, but cant get it to work with Win 10.
Is Quick load still pretty much the only game in town and does it work with Win 10 ?

Darrell has spent hundreds of hours testing various loads for 9mm, altering the powders,
the powder charges, the OAL's, and the bullets - and then measured velocity and accuracy
thru a Ransom Rest.

His research, which he generously shares with us all, can potentially save each of us
hundreds of hours of our own research.

Which powders and bullets are the most accurate ?   Which velocity is best for accuracy ?

Great stuff - all in one location   [emoji4]    
Thanks Jack. While I find that velocity and accuracy at a certain charge are often barrel dependent, we do often see that certain bullets shoot best in a specific velocity window. Also curious if theres any general accuracy trends related to power factor or changes in COL. So it sounds like this spreadsheet would be pretty cool to dig into.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I loaded a unzippng utility on my Macbook.  After extraction there were only 27 loads so it must have been corrupted at some level.

I appreciate the hard work of the OP in this endeavor and have seen some of his data before and it was good!  I would like to say with the greatest respect that in the era of high speed internet connections, I don't really think it's necessary to compress a spreadsheet file.  It's not a audio or video file so and excel file should download in a second or two.  The old KISS rule is coming to mind here.  I am not sure if the OP's compression utility is proprietary or the decompression is not making the jump to my Mac or what?  OR, perhaps there is some forum specific file size requirement issue, I don't know?

At any rate,  I give up here unless someone would graciously like to upload a noncompressed version of the file.  Thanks for listening.