Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel grips

Dane460

Just now, Hi-Power Jack said:

So, it fits your hand better ?

Not necessarily. 

I liked the evo. I don’t have small hands it it fit well. Then I got an sv which is a lot thinner and I didn’t like it at first but got used to it and preferred it over the evo after a bit. Mags would stick in a evo and not an sv which made me like the sv even more. Then I got the l10. A perfect balance between an sv an evo and mags dont get wedged and stuck like an evo does. 

Cheely texture isn’t aggressive enough and is ruled out for me 

Cheely E2 has been great for me. I've never heard from anyone that owns one that it's not sticky enough or that the gun slips in their hand.  

Im not sure ones drastically better than the rest, just get one and practice.  

Edited by chenault

I handled guns with the EVO and The Cheely e2 before making my choice.  I chose the Cheely and I happy with that decision.  It fits my hand perfectly and it's grippy.  My frame was machined for a STI poly grip and the Cheely fit perfectly.  No trimming.  If the EVO felt better to me, that is what I would have bought and had it fitted.

If you have a PT frame, go with the EVO.  If STI, go with the Cheely e2.  

On 2/22/2019 at 5:30 PM, jstagn said:

Big boy, like your mag release, where can I get one? Thanks 

Bills Custom Automatics out of MS. I just bought the last one for my other pistol, and asked if he had anymore. He said he only made them once and no real plan to make more since they're not a big seller.  Tim from there said Lone Star makes a nice one. 

They build Jeese Duffs Bianchi gun and they also built or do work on Sloan Sanders guns.

Lone Star Inovations Outlaw Grip is awesome. More aggressive than Evo. The undercut feels really good. I should have it mounted on the pistol this weekend.  I’ll update with pictures when done

B98521D9-F903-4CF0-BA15-494A468B5FFC.jpeg

Edited by JFIII
Picture added

The double undercut is not so great if you have small to medium size hands.  Had that on my SV and my support hand tended to float around because it wasn't wedged in between the trigger guard and the mag well.  Went to a single undercut grip plus oversize magwell and problem solved.  Now my support hand is solid and it makes a big difference.  On the PT grips, I also prefer the old style to the Evo.  One because it fees better and two because they don't make an arched MS housing for the Evo.

Similar to PT Evo on size. More aggressive than EVO if you get the aggressive option from LSI. The front undercut and the fitment of mag release are the biggest difference. LSI includes the mag release not included with EVO

32F7AD2A-0DBB-42B4-9516-B93E33577217.jpeg

Edited by JFIII
Added photo