Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What kind of Plate Rack is this?

17 hours ago, TFT_Guns_Up said:

Nice thank you. The bad pic is from the PSA Shoot Out 2018. My local club here in PA is looking for ideas for Steel Targets. This was one of my favorites

What club in PA?

3 hours ago, Dr. Phil said:

Palmyra Sportsman's Association in Anneville.

Check out the PSA Shootout.

I shoot out of West Shore Sportmens Association....i know some people that shoot that match.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, Sdlrodeo said:

That is a pretty cool plate rack. It looks like it would be great for an outlaw match. Not quite sure how it would work with rule(s) 1.2.1 though.

I’m assuming you’re talking about the 8 rounds per location/view?

All you have to do to make it legal is to have it available from more than one location or view. You can have more than 8 rounds available from a single location/view as long as you aren’t requiring the shooter to shoot it all from one spot. 

5 hours ago, DKorn said:

I’m assuming you’re talking about the 8 rounds per location/view?

All you have to do to make it legal is to have it available from more than one location or view. You can have more than 8 rounds available from a single location/view as long as you aren’t requiring the shooter to shoot it all from one spot. 

Agreed. It just looks like it needs to be shot straight on. So I guess if it’s out in the open that counts for more than one spot.

How much of an angle can they be shot at?

Targets USA makes an inline plate rack using their Rhino plates.  It's showed up at a few matches around the country so far.  I have not shot one but am thinking of putting it into one of the tuesday night USPSA matches at Birchwood.  

• 2 months later...

Many ranges disallow them because shooters go full-auto on the plates trying to get them all down and that causes lots of bullets skipping skyward...

Montrose put a roof over theirs the last few years of the Handgunner Shootoffs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...