Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not to go down this road again (as it will probably get this thread closed as well), but there are basically three possibilities......

a) One of the parties is being dishonest.

b) One of the parties is somehow less competent.

c) Both parties are being honest and are adequately competent, so something in the combination of gear has yet to be discovered as the issue.

If it's claimed, considered, implied, or even somehow interpreted to be anything other than c) by either or both, it's going to get messy whether it's true or not.

Edited by MoRivera
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s not grievances it’s looking for answers, they say one thing but for instance in out testing fifth shot is usually a flyer ,  and they always shot 4 shots groups ,and there have been many others who can’t get it to consistently group at 25 yards . We have tested a lot and can not get the groups they get with the ammo that they used factory wise .  Inquiring minds want to know. My. Barrel does shoot better now then before I sent it back to them , but not what most would expect for a $300 barrel . 

On 1/11/2019 at 7:10 PM, PewPewJohnson87 said:

How is the accuracy though? That’s what I’m most interested in. From what I have found on the internet, most of the people experiencing accuracy issues have been those that purchased just the barrel by itself not the complete rifle. Thanks again everyone who has responded with your experience’s of the product. 

We zero'd our MBX PCC @ 25 yards. We have run a lot of rounds through it and it holds accuracy really well. I have not done a bench rest test out 100 + yards as this PCC is for USPSA and we have run it through some stage testing at speed and it hits the A's every time...(operator errors possible at times...lol).

While it is very disheartening to hear/read of theg barrel issues that some have had I am happy to report that my MBX is still doing great.  We are about 2K rounds into ownership and it truly has been flawless.  The only gripe I have is the bolt is pretty hard to lock back, so much that my wife can only do it some of the time.  I'm sure there is a remedy to this but it's not a deal breaker.

Whichever direction you choose, good luck.

32 minutes ago, wixthedog said:

While it is very disheartening to hear/read of theg barrel issues that some have had I am happy to report that my MBX is still doing great.  We are about 2K rounds into ownership and it truly has been flawless.  The only gripe I have is the bolt is pretty hard to lock back, so much that my wife can only do it some of the time.  I'm sure there is a remedy to this but it's not a deal breaker.

Whichever direction you choose, good luck.

Leave it locked back when not in use for a week or two. 

Well before this is closed let me ad some light to this discussion. Seemed one poster joined Enos just to trash MBX and me. First we took the complaint serious and Adrian took the 3 barrels back from the 3 guys who all were connected somehow. Adrian tested them, videos of 2 test provided. Results were good. So Adrian and I discussed it and I suggested he ask for the gun to test to find out what was going on. They refused. I thought , why? Still don't know except maybe they didn't want Adrian to see and show that the barrel was fine. I just got off the phone with him and he has sold 80 of these barrels with only these 3 complaints. I know one guy said he knew what he was doing and had changed 3 barrels out in the last 2 weeks. So maybe they were just trying a bunch of different ones and returning what they didn't like. Sorry but with the margins in this business I cant eat that loss. And why we don't take back used stuff. I learned a long time ago that some will do things like buy every holster available , try them all and then want to return me used product I cant sell as new. Now Adrian was willing to work with them and resolve it but then the trash talking on here started and the emails to us compared to the talk on here did not match up. He is still working with the 3rd guy. Sent him a complete top end with new barrel to try. He is waiting for responses to that and to get his parts back.  This kind of stuff hurts a business and they knew it would. Give us a refund or the trash talk starts. I told Adrian he had to take it head on, I've been down this road before. And why I am here now posting these. But now a perfectly product has been smeared. We just talked about him putting these barrels in his guns exclusively since the results have been great except these 3 guys from the same area.  I told him that would be risky given this publicity. Here are the test videos of two of those barrels.
https://youtu.be/EMmRYdWoeE8

https://youtu.be/fqF280gC8hQ

Well before this is closed let me ad some light to this discussion. Seemed one poster joined Enos just to trash MBX and me. First we took the complaint serious and Adrian took the 3 barrels back from the 3 guys who all were connected somehow. Adrian tested them, videos of 2 test provided. Results were good. So Adrian and I discussed it and I suggested he ask for the gun to test to find out what was going on. They refused. I thought , why? Still don't know except maybe they didn't want Adrian to see and show that the barrel was fine. I just got off the phone with him and he has sold 80 of these barrels with only these 3 complaints. I know one guy said he knew what he was doing and had changed 3 barrels out in the last 2 weeks. So maybe they were just trying a bunch of different ones and returning what they didn't like. Sorry but with the margins in this business I cant eat that loss. And why we don't take back used stuff. I learned a long time ago that some will do things like buy every holster available , try them all and then want to return me used product I cant sell as new. Now Adrian was willing to work with them and resolve it but then the trash talking on here started and the emails to us compared to the talk on here did not match up. He is still working with the 3rd guy. Sent him a complete top end with new barrel to try. He is waiting for responses to that and to get his parts back.  This kind of stuff hurts a business and they knew it would. Give us a refund or the trash talk starts. I told Adrian he had to take it head on, I've been down this road before. And why I am here now posting these. But now a perfectly product has been smeared. We just talked about him putting these barrels in his guns exclusively since the results have been great except these 3 guys from the same area.  I told him that would be risky given this publicity. Here are the test videos of two of those barrels.

Well said sir

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, chuckbradley said:

LOL OOPS! Those are pretty good groups for a barrel that is supposedly bad.

While I can't comment on the experience of others, the mbx lightweight barrel has been working great in my build. 1 inch group at 20 yards (without putting a scope on probably the best I can do as a shooter) and a great feel and balance when coupled with a lightweight handguard.

Only have about 600 rounds through it so far, but have had 0 malfunctions. Only time will tell it's long term performance but I've been very pleased so far.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Are the barrels ammo sensitive, or user sensitive! 

Link below is a video where we show numerous different ammos tested with the results. Ammo we purchased from Wal-Mart, ammo found in the bottom of a box in the attic, ammo we loaded. We tested every which way possible, bullet weight/bullet profile, manufacture, and all results point to the same answer. 

These barrels will shoot great with any ammo, and exceptionally well, hole through hole results at over 25 yards with good quality ammo. 

https://youtu.be/cS9DrDYnPo0

Test results are coming soon from independent test.

As a quick rundown.

When shot with 124g Precision Delta ammunition supplied by MBX, the new barrel that was sent from MBX shot like a champ.  0.60" groupings.

The same gun, same shooter with Winchester White box, shot in the realm of 1.5" groupings.
Fiocchi shot a 1.86" group at 25 yards.

This was the most common theme across the board with all ammo types tested and barrels tested,  regardless of the upper/rail/bolt combination.  

We found that no matter what shooter, or what setup.  the 124 Precision Delta JHP, Hand loads, that mbx supplied, shot very tight groups.  All other factory ammo shot 1.5" or greater groups.

While the information is being compiled and sent to MBX.   Here are a few pics from the results.
This was shot with the provided MBX upper, mbx new barrel, mbx rail, using the 124g JHP MBX Loaded ammo

55ChG9x.jpg

This is using a different upper, mbx barrel, and midwest industries rail.

ZT4AtE7.jpg

and here is the results with the fiocchi ammo.  same gun setup as the above.  Only change was the ammo.

SecyvF3.jpg

The Black barrel, which was one of the ones that was sent back, and then return to the owner by MBX shot the following.

Black Barrel, Milspec Upper, and midwest industries rail

poRhppY.jpg

Black Barrel, milspec upper, midwest industries rail

QslRWuH.jpg

All of these test were done with 5 shot groups.  3 different shooters shot the builds with very similar results.

Edited by blckout
5 hours ago, chuckbradley said:

I can not speak for the other guys.  I bought this barrel due to the lightweight attributes of it and a recommendation from someone else.  The other 2 purchasers of these barrels I do not know, until now.  

I am 3.5 hours away from those who have bought the other 2 barrels in question.  The only person I knew, was someone who knew those guys and passed the recommendation onto them.

I don't have the kind of money to buy a bunch of barrels and test them out to figure out which one I wanted.  I wish I did.

There is no doubt the barrels are shooting better now than they original did. I still don't understand what caused the change to go from the large groups to how they shoot now. Here are the targets that were shot from the black mbx barrel when it was shot for the first time. The aiming point was middle of the A zone shot from a bench 25 yards with a red dot. The ammo tested was Winchester white box 115 , Delta Precision 124 fmj, Remington UMC 115 and 135 blue bullet handloads. Shot by me. Also a pic of the barrel Duracoated by me to match the JP rifle. As far as buying the barrels to test and send back that seems pretty imaginative to me. I Duracoated my dads barrel as a Christmas present to him. If the intention was to send it back after testing to get a refund it would seem silly to have me paint it for him. At the end of the day a component was purchased from Shooter's made by MBX. It didn't shoot well which is why all this happened and it was sent back to mbx for inspection. The barrel now shoots around 1.5 to 2in groups with most of the factory ammo that I have tested shooting 5 shot groups with a 4x scope. I will occasionally get right around 1in with factory ammo. With the right handloads I can duplicate mbx results. If the barrel shot this way at first we wouldn't even be having this discussion. 

1548278074765371.jpg

1548278074592937.jpg

1548278074402782.jpg

1548278074184643.jpg

1548278733015531.jpg

Edited by Mac-pcc

The barrel has now had around 500 rounds shot through it plus whatever MBX shot , we found that it doesn’t like polymer coated bullets.

Also found that the Montana gold 115 fmj bullets shot nice . But we were not able to find any factory ammo to consistently group .

Not sure if more shots will improve the consistency .

7 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Has anybody asked the obvious question? Are you sure you all can shoot worth a damn? Have you had a good rifle shooter try it? put a real scope on it?

I'm pretty sure I can shoot. Here is my USPSA # if you would like to look me up A104151. Also look at it in steel challenge.  As far as the scope I don't think that is realistic to put a high magnification scope on it since PCC's are shot with reddots.

Edited by Mac-pcc