Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thinking about buying one from SC for knock down steel/ProAm matches. Tell me the good & BAD, I haven’t been able to find much when googling. Plus I really want a competitors opinion not some gear whore that writes magazine reviews. 

Thanks in advance fellas & ladies ladies if they chime in. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, AHI said:

You mean like this

Yes, I read that post and a few others, but people have mentioned accuracy issues in other post. There aren’t many on here that I found so I was hoping more people would chime in. I would of liked to hear more info about it, hence me putting bad in all caps. Thanks, I appreciate your effort. 

The gun looks good ,and if you get one that shoots it should be fine , there is one at our club the barrel was short chambered ,had to have a new barrel.  I bought my MBX barrel from shooters , Barrel would not hold a group . Shooters says it’s a manufacturer issue sent it in , they said nothing wrong with the barrel . I asked for a refund they refused and Shooters also refused  . Got barrel back it shoots better then it did when I sent it in but not like a JP . They say did nothing , 6 inch groups are now 3 inch groups. They shot from a bench with a scope , we shot with a scope, still can’t get the groups they got . My point is they seem to be ammo sensitive. It might be that we have not found the ammo the barrel likes but there customer service is not up to my expectations.  I was attempting to lighten up my gun a little. 

Shooters says if you install it fire it or alter it can’t be returned, so if you buy one and there’s a problem you are on your own . If you decide to get one I would get the midweight barrel my son has one and it shoots fine. On there web site they show the midweight as the competition barrel . That’s in the 14.5 pinned and welded . 

Thanks, for the info. I am disappointed to hear about this accuracy issue, I hope this is/was an isolated issue, but I may just pass on this rifle after you saying that you received poor customer service. I refuse to do business with companies that offer poor customer service, to me that’s more important then the price. It’s the Primary reason I don’t and will never own a Ruger or Kimber again. 

Adrian has always answered my questions in a timely manner and provided great service. I’ve shot over 6k rounds in my mbx without any malfunctions or failures. My mbx will hold a paster size group at 25. 

Edited by Bwillis

No experience with their rifles. But I've needed their customer service in the past with mag issues. 

Be aware, contact is email only. They do not provide a phone number. And don't expect a reply to your email. 

Personally I won't do business with them again, after my customer service experience.  Too many other companies with good products and great customer service! 

The thing with MBX is there not really a manufacturer they are having some one build parts and they put them together much like you would do if you ordered the parts over the net. JP on the other hand builds there own guns, so they have a proven product and customer service to back it up. I do however believe if that if MBX had someone besides the owner that understood what customer service is they could be more successful. There were 3 people that purchased there barrels that had problems around the same time 2 of us that are in the same club, if there would have just been some conversation on what was happening and they worked with us to resolve our problems ,it would have been much better, they choose to take the position that they needed our guns so they could make them shoot right, when there was nothing wrong with the guns as proven when we installed our old barrels and they shot great again. I would have been completely happy if they would have given me the midweight barrel , they took the position that we didn’t know what we were doing or couldn’t shoot. Also they scratched our barrels all up . As someone else said it’s not the easy problems that get fixed that make you stronger it’s the difficult ones . There position was always our barrels are %100 . 

There are no products that are flawless, if it’s manmade there will be problems that’s why customer service is important !

Just to be clear I am not saying that all MBX products are bad or have any problems, I have 5 of there big stick mags that have been perfect . And there are several here that have guns that shoot great .  My son has A MBX midweight barrel that shoots great. 

Again how you Handel the problems !!!

Thanks for the info fellas, I’m going to try and call SC tomorrow and see if the complete rifles they have come with the Light-weight or Mid-weight barrels. If they come with the Midweight I think I’m going to roll the dice, if not I’m gonna look elsewhere. The Mid-weight Barrel is on back-order three MBX so that’s not a option at this time. 

For 2 hundred more you can get a GMR 15 , and never look back . Do what you like but my recent purchase through shooters is my last, and also my last with MBX .  Spent $300 dollars on a barrel that will not group. My son tested it more today out of 7 different types of ammo average group 3 inches with a scope at 25 yards from a bench . And could not do that consistently. So with a red dot your not going to get that .  Hope you find a gun you are happy with . Shooting steel is a blast.

I would recommend Strongside tactical, that’s where I bought my JP great people to deal with . 

Edited by TNREDNECK
Wrong number
7 minutes ago, TNREDNECK said:

For 2 hundred more you can get a GMR 15 , and never look back . Do what you like but my recent purchase through shooters is my last, and also my last with MBX .  Spent $300 dollars on a barrel that will not group. My son tested it more today out of 7 different types of ammo average group 2 inches with a scope at 25 yards from a bench . And could not do that consistently. So with a red dot your not going to get that .  Hope you find a gun you are happy with . Shooting steel is a blast.

I would recommend Strongside tactical, that’s where I bought my JP great people to deal with . 

So, what is your gripe with Shooter's Connection?

Well got a bad barrel, bought it from shooters asked for a refund or store credit they say it’s Mbx issue, and they also believe that another guy at my club and I conspired to buy our barrels to test and didn’t like them and that’s why we want a refund. It’s impossible to believe such nonsense , I didn’t even know the other guy bought barrel and it was just because he knows my son him that we even found out about his barrel being bad also. Chuck is backing MBX all the way and refusing to see our side , who wants a barrel that will not shoot better then a 3 inch group at 25 yards from a bench. It appears the barrel is extremely ammo sensitive, they show it shooting a very nice group.

We have shot every off the shelf ammo we can find, and 4 different hand loads and still can’t get a group better then 3 inch consistently.

Shooters policy is if you use it can’t be returned, I can understand that with the exception of defect. We have spent hours and hours and a lot of ammo and it just won’t shoot consistently. My hope was they would try to help there customers out , they seem more concerned with supporting MBX , there have already been others who also can’t do better then 3 inch groups out of the barrel who posted here . My point is buyer beware with both companies, as everyone knows you can get a bad anything ,and if the only way you know is by using it and then that disqualifies you from return or store credit then look for different supplier . 

28 minutes ago, TNREDNECK said:

Well got a bad barrel, bought it from shooters asked for a refund or store credit they say it’s Mbx issue, and they also believe that another guy at my club and I conspired to buy our barrels to test and didn’t like them and that’s why we want a refund. It’s impossible to believe such nonsense , I didn’t even know the other guy bought barrel and it was just because he knows my son him that we even found out about his barrel being bad also. Chuck is backing MBX all the way and refusing to see our side , who wants a barrel that will not shoot better then a 3 inch group at 25 yards from a bench. It appears the barrel is extremely ammo sensitive, they show it shooting a very nice group.

We have shot every off the shelf ammo we can find, and 4 different hand loads and still can’t get a group better then 3 inch consistently.

Shooters policy is if you use it can’t be returned, I can understand that with the exception of defect. We have spent hours and hours and a lot of ammo and it just won’t shoot consistently. My hope was they would try to help there customers out , they seem more concerned with supporting MBX , there have already been others who also can’t do better then 3 inch groups out of the barrel who posted here . My point is buyer beware with both companies, as everyone knows you can get a bad anything ,and if the only way you know is by using it and then that disqualifies you from return or store credit then look for different supplier . 

You have no idea the following Shooters Connection has in the USPSA community and on these forums. Shooters Connection is a HUGE contributor to many major matches and I personally have shot in matches with nearly every member of the store’s staff. From the owner on down they are some of the finest people you will ever meet. 

I don’t see that Shooters Connection is at fault here. I would have worked with MBX and if it didn’t get resolved then I wouldn’t buy another product of theirs but I would never expect a third party vendor to take it back. What would they do with it?

I realize you are new here but you are way off base with this. We don’t air our complaints with vendors here. Especially with such a top shelf company as Shooters Connection that goes above and beyond in support of our sport. 

They even go so far as to offer discounts to us forum members. 

On 1/10/2019 at 5:33 AM, Bwillis said:

Adrian has always answered my questions in a timely manner and provided great service. I’ve got over 6k rounds in my mbx without any malfunctions or failures. My mbx will hold a paster size group at 25. 

I agree. Adrian answered my email in less than 24 hours and has always been there. We have had our MBX PCC for 4 months and have fed it a steady diet of different 9MM loads and it eats it all just fine.

6 hours ago, JohnRiggsPS said:

I agree. Adrian answered my email in less than 24 hours and has always been there. We have had our MBX PCC for 4 months and have fed it a steady diet of different 9MM loads and it eats it all just fine.

How is the accuracy though? That’s what I’m most interested in. From what I have found on the internet, most of the people experiencing accuracy issues have been those that purchased just the barrel by itself not the complete rifle. Thanks again everyone who has responded with your experience’s of the product. 

58 minutes ago, PewPewJohnson87 said:

How is the accuracy though? That’s what I’m most interested in. From what I have found on the internet, most of the people experiencing accuracy issues have been those that purchased just the barrel by itself not the complete rifle. Thanks again everyone who has responded with your experience’s of the product. 

Wait a few more days on this.

Results are coming from another round of testing on the MBX barrel in a way that I think everyone from MBX to the guys who purchased a potentially defective barrel... will all accept.

I was sharing my opinion, on the way I felt I was treated , so I suppose if you were in my shoes and Chuck told you that him and Adrian felt we were trying to test barrels , and just wanted a refund you would feel good about that . No one likes to spend there hard earned money and get something that doesn’t work and be told  tuff luck , you lost $300  . Just to be clear I never said they weren’t good people the very best people are still capable of making mistakes. I own my own business and make decisions all the time to refund or replace products that sometimes nothing wrong with customer changed there mind, it doesn’t mater. I always get my money back because that customer goes and tells someone else he stands behind his work .  And I believe that’s what he should have done , and what would have happened if he did , I would have said you can’t beat those guys at shooters. And he would of had a customer for life .  I spend a lot of money on guns and accessories every year . Sorry if I offended anyone, my only thought was I would hate to see someone else treated the way we were treated . Thx for your post Sarg , that’s what makes this the greatest Country , you have a right to your opinion also .

13 hours ago, TNREDNECK said:

It wasn't ammo sensitive when they tested it.

Ok so if you were one of the guys that had a barrel that you have tried virtually every factory ammo made, and 4 different hand loads and 4 different receivers and 4 different buffers, but still couldn’t get a consistent group under 3 inches what would you think is the problem ,and 5 different shooters ?

Edited by TNREDNECK
22 hours ago, TNREDNECK said:

Ok so if you were one of the guys that had a barrel that you have tried virtually every factory ammo made, and 4 different hand loads and 4 different receivers and 4 different buffers, but still couldn’t get a consistent group under 3 inches what would you think is the problem ,and 5 different shooters ?

Well, after seeing test results and data from the manufacturer that completely contradicted my results...data that showed testing methods, ammo selections, etc., I’d probably stop airing out my grievances about it on Enos.