Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster belt questions

bigcat

Just got three DAA race master mag holders fir Christmas. Also got money to buy a new belt. Thought was obvious to get DAA belt but keep hearing how hard it is to attach stuff to it. Really like the mags. Should I go with CR speed belt so I have more holster options. Also what type of hangers do you use to attach them

I've got DAA & shooters connection. For me they both work fine, I would likely tend to buy whatever is cheapest if I needed a replacement. 

Racers & race master mag pouches are attached to my DAA along with a Boss holster hanger. The belts will compress a bit when you tighten the screws but it takes a bit of time, might tighten screws till they feel right and then repeat again the next day. 

On 1/1/2019 at 8:06 AM, Jfitz427 said:

I have both the DAA and shooters connection belt, the daa  belt has race master pouches, and the shooters connection has racers. Both fine belts. Get what’s cheaper. 

Thanks I ordered the shooters connection belt and had a coupon for $25 off of $50 purchase. So I was able to get a boss hanger also for just a little more than what a DAA would have cost.

7 hours ago, bigcat said:

Thanks I ordered the shooters connection belt and had a coupon for $25 off of $50 purchase. So I was able to get a boss hanger also for just a little more than what a DAA would have cost.

Nice! I’ve been meaning to pick up a boss hanger myself for my limited rig. 

3 hours ago, Jfitz427 said:

Nice! I’ve been meaning to pick up a boss hanger myself for my limited rig. 

I will try and remember to let you know how it is. Supposed to have it on Friday and we have a match Saturday in AR.

Just saw (and ordered) an Uncle Mike's belt & some Loglife Tactical mag pouches on Amazon.  If they're any good, they are an unbelievable price.  Belt was $20.96 (inner and outer belt) and three mag pouches were $25.99 total, not each!  So, belt & 3 pouches for $48.42 incl. tax w/free shipping on Amazon Prime.  Will know in a week whether I wasted my money or not, but can return with Amazon.  Here's the links if anyone is interested:

Belt:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RYMDC0M/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mag Pouches:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XY38WX4/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have both daa and shooters connection I have had racemaster pouches and alpha x holster on both belts. Also had a boss hanger on a daa belt. All of them worked equally well, I thought, with both belts. I'll echo what others are saying and just get what's cheaper at the time. 

• 2 weeks later...

It may be that the people having issues are not putting DAA gear on DAA belts? If you're having issues putting DAA gear on DAA belts something is wrong or you're doing something wrong. I've never had issues fitting gear on any brand including CR belts.

On 1/9/2019 at 1:58 PM, mvmojo said:

Just saw (and ordered) an Uncle Mike's belt & some Loglife Tactical mag pouches on Amazon.  If they're any good, they are an unbelievable price.  Belt was $20.96 (inner and outer belt) and three mag pouches were $25.99 total, not each!  So, belt & 3 pouches for $48.42 incl. tax w/free shipping on Amazon Prime.  Will know in a week whether I wasted my money or not, but can return with Amazon.  Here's the links if anyone is interested:

Belt:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RYMDC0M/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mag Pouches:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XY38WX4/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

FWIW, update on the above:  Received both the belt and the mag pouches.  Belt is fine, works well, stiff enough for me.  Would buy again.  Mag pouches seem OK, but not great.  They're not very deep and the  plastic flexes a little meaning mags aren't really held as securely as I'd like, particularly heavy fully loaded Big Stick mags.  They're workable for 140mm mags, but I'm a little uncomfortable using them with Big Sticks for fear the mag will fall out when moving, especially if hit by my arm.  

4 minutes ago, mvmojo said:

FWIW, update on the above:  Received both the belt and the mag pouches.  Belt is fine, works well, stiff enough for me.  Would buy again.  Mag pouches seem OK, but not great.  They're not very deep and the  plastic flexes a little meaning mags aren't really held as securely as I'd like, particularly heavy fully loaded Big Stick mags.  They're workable for 140mm mags, but I'm a little uncomfortable using them with Big Sticks for fear the mag will fall out when moving, especially if hit by my arm.  

In this game you really do often get what you pay for. Send them back and save up a little longer and get one of the leading brands.

Yeah, they'll probably be going back.  I'm just cheap and decided to give 'em a try.  The good stuff is expensive because the market isn't that big so it's tough to write down the design and tooling costs, not to mention the advertising.

A friend just ordered some cheap mag pouches on eBay from China.  They look pretty good but he hasn't tried them yet.  Gonna see how they work tomorrow at the range.

I like the Uncle Mike's belt and saved good on it! 

14 hours ago, Sarge said:

In this game you really do often get what you pay for. Send them back and save up a little longer and get one of the leading brands.

+ 1  buy once, cry once!

Edited by beta1759