Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Atlas recommendations

chowellacsbd

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/24/2018 at 10:07 AM, chowellacsbd said:

Just put down a deposit for a Titan in 9mm. Fun range toy and local steel matches only. Factory ammo will be its primary diet.

On the fence between sticking with standard ldc version OR going with the SE model which incorporates a butler cut.

Will the extra weight on the front of the frame be that much more noticeable in keeping the gun shooting flatter?

I would say guess no. Not between the two guns you've mentioned. 

I've not shot a SE but had 2 Titans. I wouldn't think I would be able to tell the difference between the SE and regular Titan. Doesn't seem like there's that much more material removed on the SE. 

Edited by B_RAD

I don't think the extra material would make any perceptable difference. My standard Titan ran like a champ and was the flattest shooting pistol I have ever owned. I only sold it to bump up to a Chaos to try my hand at open. 

• 2 months later...

You have to understand as there popularity grows there turn times are going to get longer.. Thats expected of a growing businesses.. You don't want them putting out garbage just to meet advertised time lines. 

I ordered a Nemesis last year.. Got it in 90 days. 

Ordered a chaos last November received it just shy of 4 months.. I expected that.. 

100 days in. No ETA. No ship date. Tired of missing local matches.

I think the special editions were advertised as a little longer wait time since they build all their guns in batches. Probably had to wait to get all of them sold first, but I could be mistaken. Sorry to hear about your bad experience with them though. Best of luck with whatever gun you end up going with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Furrly said:

You have to understand as there popularity grows there turn times are going to get longer.. Thats expected of a growing businesses.. You don't want them putting out garbage just to meet advertised time lines. 

I ordered a Nemesis last year.. Got it in 90 days. 

Ordered a chaos last November received it just shy of 4 months.. I expected that.. 

Agree but then it is time to change the advertised time line. 

I am waiting on a gun from a builder that I won’t name. I was told ~4 months. It’s almost 10. Ready to lose my mind

Underpromise, Over-deliver

1 minute ago, Balakay said:

I am waiting on a gun from a builder that I won’t name. I was told ~4 months. It’s almost 10. Ready to lose my mind

That's very typical of most growing business.. 

8 hours ago, Balakay said:

I was turned away from a builder because he was backed up more than he could handle.  I appreciated that he was up front and honest about it and even went out of his way to recommend someone else.  

The Titan SE in discussion here got a PVD gray finish.  It went back and forth to coating 3 times.  Each time it comes back and does not pass our QC we have to blast it and re polish the flats.  We have no control on the coating process today. (working on that).  This gun is done and ready to test fire today.  Buy the time we add all the extra labor and lost time costs we will just about break even on this pistol.  That's was makes Atlas great.  If things go wrong we will incur all the extra cost.   We will not send out guns that do not pass QC and test fire.  The cost that the customer must always incur is time.   

We are looking at removing the pre-order option to eliminate this problem.  The problem this will have create is a  loss of the pre-order discount.

Adam