Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Rudukai13

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Nelsonh said:

If I can find it I used to have one of the at bianary triggers, may more the hammer and disconnector to work in the VR and see what that's like with this light recoil lol.

Oh the at hammer is to short and not wife enough to teach the firing pin and the disconnector will hit the hammer before cocking. Can probably just modify the hammer just above the disconnector hook and it should work just fine in the vr80

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Here is my trigger assebly from about 5 months ago. I have taken some material off from the surfaces shown by arrows after this picture was taken.

I aso polished the surfaces that are connecting between each other during the cokcing process. Now i can barely notice the binding when cycling by hand, hammer forward while pressing the trigger.

I have no data on paper but it feels smoother and the recoil is more consistent.

Also in the picture are the JP springs, Adapter for the JP spring on the hammer, my own trigger and OR anti-walk pins.

If i had money i would find or have made for me closer to 4mm diameter pins and the hammer pin should be about 5mm longer than the trigger pin.

I wish the Turks would of made something on this shotgun to AR-spec. 😄

Laukaisukoneisto enos.jpg

Edited by Jaskajokunen
Grammar

4 minutes ago, Nelsonh said:

Me too

Sorry. Misunderstood your message. I thought you were thinking about it.

Or were you commenting on this "I wish the Turks would of made something on this shotgun to AR-spec. 😄"

Edited by Jaskajokunen
Aftertought

Sorry. Misunderstood your message. I thought you were thinking about it.

Or were you commenting on this "I wish the Turks would of made something on this shotgun to AR-spec. [emoji1]"
Yes wish the Turks would have made it more ar compatable.

On 3/17/2020 at 2:09 PM, Jaskajokunen said:

Or make a buffer with adjustable weights? The original is 41g. This setup is about 70g.

Bufferi enos.jpg

so I got bored and took your advice. Now I just need to test four weight combinations times 4 spring combinations...what’s that 4 million options...! Lol. I didn’t include the buffer spring in my weight totals 

CF49EEDF-597E-446F-B832-53835A981F27.jpeg

On 3/21/2020 at 3:36 AM, WWG1WGA said:

Nice!

I presume that you have changed to a rifle buffer tube? That opens up a lot more possibilities weight and spring wise.

I did not include the buffer spring in to the weight and the 70g is about as heavy i can go at the moment.

For some reason competition buckshot has a lot less force for cycling behind it than my competition birdshot.

From slow motion footage i have gathered that with this spring and buffer weight it's just in the limit of cycling with 2 midbarrel holes blugged at around 0C° (32F°).

Did another recoil pattern evaluation. Last one was around Christmas.

Shown in 5% speed and in realtime.

The pattern was pretty much the same with 28g (1oz) and with 32g (1.1oz). As i am shooting these offhanded i'm pretty certain that my shooting technique affects to most of the movement. Building a setup that would legitimately show the barrel rise would be too much work. 😄

At least it's a reference point for training. I should do this again after 3 months.

As a side note. The barrel rise offhanded is 27mm (1"). 😀

1068930223_Piippunousee.jpg.472d5714c39f2caa0784be08555212fc.jpg

2 minutes ago, fozcam said:

Hi everyone. I got my VR80 from the dealer. However I noticed some straches on the cerakote finish and on the barrel. Should I return it? What would you guys do?

https://pasteboard.co/J0LvxFu.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/J0LwbGR.jpg

Does it still shoot? If so who cares if it has some scratches? 

18 minutes ago, fozcam said:

Hi everyone. I got my VR80 from the dealer. However I noticed some straches on the cerakote finish and on the barrel. Should I return it? What would you guys do?

Honestly the cerakote looks pretty rough as is and the barrel is covered so I wouldn’t really care. Must of us throw our guns in barrels and buckets all the time not to mention breaking it down and “fixing” everything....so to answer your question, I’d keep it and get started making it work

1 - thanks again for guidance on separating the receivers. After filing each side of the upper four times, they now fit as originally intended. 

2 - cleaned it/oiled it well.

3 - got it to the range this Monday and put 100 rounds of 1255fps federal thru it - not a single issue at all. Even the $20 ten round panzer mags (PWPA10RM) ran thru fine without any incidents.

4 - Got GL Shock stock in the mail the day after my range day. Shoulder would have appreciated it on the 100 rounds :). Installed easily.

Definitely still happy with my purchase despite the initial fused-receiver issue.

1 hour ago, Mad74Mac said:

1 - thanks again for guidance on separating the receivers. After filing each side of the upper four times, they now fit as originally intended. 

2 - cleaned it/oiled it well.

3 - got it to the range this Monday and put 100 rounds of 1255fps federal thru it - not a single issue at all. Even the $20 ten round panzer mags (PWPA10RM) ran thru fine without any incidents.

4 - Got GL Shock stock in the mail the day after my range day. Shoulder would have appreciated it on the 100 rounds :). Installed easily.

Definitely still happy with my purchase despite the initial fused-receiver issue.

I was wondering about you...glad to hear you got the fit issue cleared up! 

22 hours ago, fozcam said:

what a disaster! To spare you any stress let me know what you paid for it and I'll send you that money and my shipping address.

7 minutes ago, meeesterpaul said:

what a disaster! To spare you any stress let me know what you paid for it and I'll send you that money and my shipping address.

LOL. Yeah, you'll literally be dumping the gun into a trash can on a frequent basis if you're 3-gunning with it...

Are these hard to come by right now? My LGS had three before the world went crazy.

I do think they are hard to come by for the moment. I paid list price for mine when they first came out. Looks like they dipped down below $600 and got popular. My nephew wants one.  A couple of them on GunBroker went for over $850 recently. Maybe they had some extras with them. I know the one listing for over $1,100 included a bunch of stuff.

Mine has certainly spent time in the barrel and it wasn't lined with sheepskin and foam. 

9 minutes ago, meeesterpaul said:

I do think they are hard to come by for the moment. I paid list price for mine when they first came out. Looks like they dipped down below $600 and got popular. My nephew wants one.  A couple of them on GunBroker went for over $850 recently. Maybe they had some extras with them. I know the one listing for over $1,100 included a bunch of stuff.

Oh yeah, there's one listed right now for $1k+. Looks like it has a fair amount of upgrades but I'd hope it includes auto-targeting and heat-seeking slugs at almost double MSRP.

Mine's still in the box as I haven't even had time to take it apart yet. Still, it's really cool – I'll hold onto it unless they start commanding stupid money. Maybe I'll even shoot a match with it in 2020... if we have matches in 2020...

Hi,

I shoot the VR80 in the Open division and so far the gun has been 100% reliable for me (only ~800 rounds through the gun though).  Does anyone have a high round count VR80 and how has the gun held up?  Any broken parts?  Thanks.