Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Venom Customs!?

IDAHOAASHOOTER

Don sent me some pictures of my finished gun today, but I can’t seem to post any pictures on here due to file size. Anyone care to help? (I’m technologically challenged) 

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Eros said:

Don sent me some pictures of my finished gun today, but I can’t seem to post any pictures on here due to file size. Anyone care to help? (I’m technologically challenged) 

Download the pics to PC, then open a post and click upload files.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, geraldskip said:

Beautiful gun! Just curious though, why the two port comp? Seems most open guns nowadays have monster comps on them.

Honestly, this pretty much sealed it for me:

I believe Ken actually has a middy, and mine is a full size, so the little added weight up front, plus the 2x  3/16" holes, I don't think I'd be gaining much with the extra port.  With the 5.4" hybrid barrel, the thing shoots silly flat.

I have 3 of the 2 port BE comps and 3 3/16" holes (9mm). The 3rd port is not needed as it won't do much. I have spoken with Jared a couple times regarding the 2 or 3 port with my brl hole setup. Did the Brazos test and nothing came out the front. Love the comp. Tested a few others and stayed with the be/cfd.

Edited by echotango

1 hour ago, echotango said:

Did the Brazos test and nothing came out the front. Love the comp. Tested a few others and stayed with the be/cfd.

Actually did this as well, and with two 3/16" holes nothing came out of the front.  Completely forgot I did that last weekend.

The original intent was to do Hard Chrome.  Don mentioned that they couldn't HC the comp because it's titanium and said he would Cerakote it in satin aluminum and it would be an almost unnoticeable difference.  Hard Chrome was going to take an additional 3-4 weeks since Don has to send it out so I asked to do the whole thing in Satin Aluminum.  So long story short, the white(ish) parts are Satin Aluminum Cerakote and the Grip and other black parts are a flat black Cerakote.  I was a little concerned about cleaning, but a quick wipe and it's good.

15 minutes ago, clw42 said:

The original intent was to do Hard Chrome.  Don mentioned that they couldn't HC the comp because it's titanium and said he would Cerakote it in satin aluminum and it would be an almost unnoticeable difference.  Hard Chrome was going to take an additional 3-4 weeks since Don has to send it out so I asked to do the whole thing in Satin Aluminum.  So long story short, the white(ish) parts are Satin Aluminum Cerakote and the Grip and other black parts are a flat black Cerakote.  I was a little concerned about cleaning, but a quick wipe and it's good.

I polished my titanium Comp to get it close to my brushed flats hard chrome. It polished up nice but is just a shade darker.

23 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I polished my titanium Comp to get it close to my brushed flats hard chrome. It polished up nice but is just a shade darker.

Honestly, it was much less about the color than it was about the wait.  I was getting impatient...especially towards the end.

On 9/21/2019 at 9:55 PM, CaliYeti said:

Looks great.  How are you liking it?  What length barrel is yours?

Thanks! It is shooting amazing, just finished nationals without a single problem. It is a KKM mid-length hybrid barrel, and I like he configuration of the build, feels like the right amount of weight in the right places. 

I really like the Cheely E2 agressive grip!

55 minutes ago, Eros said:

I really like the Cheely E2 agressive grip!

So do I.  I'm not sure, but there are posts saying that it's one of the lesser aggressive grips.  That may be true, but it's more than aggressive enough for me and I've shed the blood to prove it.

I'm getting my parts ordered to have Don build my first open gun. Going with a mid 9. Found a pistol he recently completed on FB but it had already sold so I may shamelessly copy it to some degree.
Wish he would start posting to instagram, I prefer it over FB.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk