Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Locktite for cmore mount?

nelson1each

New to open. My screws keep coming loose on my cmore mount/gogun pedal. I have used red lock tite several times and they eventually back loose. My locktite is old so that could be it. Is this a normal occurrence with opens guns or maybe I need a fresh batch of locktite? What you guys using to keep ur mounts in place and do they always end up loose again?

Thanks for the info and quick reply guys. I used some break clean today when I put them all back in. Gonna get some new red...if those little suckers come loose again I’ll clean them up extra good, toss on some fresh red and “bed” that gogo pedal with some red too. I’ll get these dam things under control some way some how ?

After you do the clean , degrease, re apply (with fresh red) DON"T play with the gun , dry fire , rack it etc.

Set it down for several hours

1 hour you get about 40% cure and 24hours for 100%, if my memory serves me.  

You can get on loctites web page and get the exact info

I use blue 243 which is oil resistant and can be removed without heat with a little effort. With screws that have been removed I torch and wire brush them and clean with Acetone. Clean frame with Acetone. Cleanliness is key.

I just use blue loctite and never had an issue. Like stated above just be sure to clean the work area with acetone or some kind of degreaser . I also like to take a paint pen and make a witness mark in all the screw heads so I can visually see if one is starting to back out

2 hours ago, racegun9 said:

Make sure you have some screws holding the scope mount directly and not just

screws going thru the thumb rest and trying to sandwich everything together.

Yeah. I run 3 in the mount then two through the rest.

A lot of solid info and advise. Bought some fresh red lock tite. But I already put it back together with the old lock tite....this time I used break cleaner to clean everything first. Will see how it holds up to this weekends shooting before I go after it again