Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chinese soloman shoes

3gunDQ

Anyone bought any speedcross3 shoes on eBay from China? I had some legit ones but paid $125 for them... they are wore out now. Much rather pay $35 for them if anyone has any experience with these cheap-o-nese specials. 

Chinese made Salomons.

I bought 2x pairs a couple of years back-allowed for size,but they were too tight at toes.

Apart from that they were fine.

I sold them to another IPSC shooter.

Make sure you allow a size or two larger.

I bit the bullet and bought a pair of Salomon Wings from the US.

Back/black/fluo yellow.  Meant for low arches.Cost me a lot but they fit perfect and like

wearing hush puppies on the range.

Edited by jacala
Additional info.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:12 PM, 3gunDQ said:

Anyone bought any speedcross3 shoes on eBay from China? I had some legit ones but paid $125 for them... they are wore out now. Much rather pay $35 for them if anyone has any experience with these cheap-o-nese specials. 

Link?

Have had good luck with 1 pair.   Fit was perfect, shoes lasted about a year.  (I actually still wear them, but they are toast)

I tried my luck again and ordered 2 pair when Ebay sent me one of those coupons.  Neither pair fit.   All three were the same size.

I did end up selling them at a match for what I paid.  2 guys said they fit perfect and for the price, they didn't mind.

On 8/10/2018 at 10:49 AM, SilverBolt said:

Yes, and they are awesome. I’ve had Speedcrosses and Fellcrosses and the Speed Spike is where it’s at. A little bit different style than the Speedcross but awesome shooting shoes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Considering purchasing a pair of these chinese Salomon's but concerned about longevity.

To those above that have/had them, did you strictly use them for range work or did you use them for other purposes such as trail walking etc? I seen some reviews on youtube that say they are toast after like 6 months, if not less, of regular use

Edited by Snowb1rd

I have a pair I have used for matches for the last year and they still look new, 2 matches a month average.  The biggest problem I have had is getting them I bought 1 pair in different color as a back up and had no problem but since then I have tried getting more and it's been a nightmare.  one pair made it to my local post office but never made it to me, ordered two  pair that never made it out of China and the last pair got to me but were a different size than I ordered, still working with EBay on that one

I did use them more than just the matches.  I wore them to coach my kids soccer and stuff.  

Like above, I tried ordering another set and haven’t gotten anything to date.  They were supposed to be here by the end of June.  

Take that for what its worth.  

• 3 weeks later...