Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
moonshoxx

Pcc handguard recommendations taccom

47 minutes ago, mstamper said:

I am curious what one does if you want to put a laser sight on the front of the carbon fiber tube or if you want to mount BUIS? There are no pic rails so how would you take care of that issue with the Taccom tube?

Are there other manufacturers who do make a carbon fiber tube that has pic rails?

I’ve heard that it’s possible to screw a picatinny rail onto the handguard. Personally I traded my CF for a Midwest Industries lightwight handguard for this reason. Having said that, if you just want a laser and no irons then it would be possible to mount a laser on your receiver rail in front of the dot.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mstamper said:

I am curious what one does if you want to put a laser sight on the front of the carbon fiber tube or if you want to mount BUIS? There are no pic rails so how would you take care of that issue with the Taccom tube?

Are there other manufacturers who do make a carbon fiber tube that has pic rails?

I bolted a short rail section to one of my Taccom handguards with an epoxy bed. Worked fine, but you will notice a little bit of flex/zero shift. I went back to my old setup of a laser mounted on a 45 degree mount behind my CMore on my new upper with a Taccom HG, just because it was kind of a pain to set up the rail section on the old one. 

Edited by Patrick Scott

Have any of you tried the Kaw Valley CF handguard?

If you watch this video it looks like they have some sort of Magpul device attached to it...  Maybe some kind of attachment for a laser?  Couldnt find any info about it on the Kaw Valley web site.

On 6/25/2018 at 10:10 AM, Patrick Scott said:

I bolted a short rail section to one of my Taccom handguards with an epoxy bed. Worked fine, but you will notice a little bit of flex/zero shift. I went back to my old setup of a laser mounted on a 45 degree mount behind my CMore on my new upper with a Taccom HG, just because it was kind of a pain to set up the rail section on the old one. 

I’m thinking about going extra cheap and seeing if I can find a front sight I can zip tie to my SC rimfire CF forearm.  I just need it to stay in place long enough to last a couple matches.  

1 hour ago, jkrispies said:

I’m thinking about going extra cheap and seeing if I can find a front sight I can zip tie to my SC rimfire CF forearm.  I just need it to stay in place long enough to last a couple matches.  

Why use a zip tie when we have duct tape in a multitude of colors.

53 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Why use a zip tie when we have duct tape in a multitude of colors.

Perhaps I will zip tie first, and then duct tape for added stability. Great idea!

someone should make a carbon fiber handguard with mlok

then you could bolt on picatinny rail if you wanted to add accessories 

35 minutes ago, Fo0 said:

someone should make a carbon fiber handguard with mlok

then you could bolt on picatinny rail if you wanted to add accessories 

Coda does 

22 minutes ago, HoMiE said:

Coda does 

Nice find!

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:01 PM, jkrispies said:

Perhaps I will zip tie first, and then duct tape for added stability. Great idea!

That, my friend, is right out of the redneck handbook! Chapter 3, duct tape. zip ties and a beer can wrapped around your rusted out exhaust pipe!

Brings back memories, good work ! 

On 7/6/2018 at 10:23 PM, HoMiE said:

Coda does 

Badass. Never seen that before.

Faxon makes one too.

1 hour ago, sixsixnine said:

Badass. Never seen that before.

Faxon makes one too.

Smoke composites also has one, although the coda is smaller diameter if you like slim handguards. 

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:09 AM, mstamper said:

placed mine on the rail just in front of optic, out of the way from beating   it on walls and such

mpx.jpg

I’m currently using an 11” PRI and put a bunch of skate tape on the front end. don’t see a need for a 15” handguard... 

Found mine on Ebay for $40 - aluminum with m-lok