Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pcc handguard recommendations taccom

2 hours ago, longbeard said:

Taccom works great and won't break the bank.  Also about the lightest there is.

I don't know about “about as lightest there is”... that honor goes to this one, but my Brigand Arms did break the bank. ;)

4.66 ounces including barrel nut and 12.5" of braided carbon fiber.

1E6255BE-94B3-44EC-9D50-620A9E5A131F.jpeg.6db504fa6ebe19af1220712ab5e7479c.jpeg

Edited by MemphisMechanic
9 hours ago, moonshoxx said:

Now that i have optic sorted out for now i am looking to swap out handguards.   Any recommendations for lightweight free float.  Anyone use that carbon fiber taccom

Yes I do.  I like it a lot.

new pcc (2).jpg

I don't know about “about as lightest there is”... that honor goes to this one, but my Brigand Arms did break the bank. [emoji6]

4.66 ounces including barrel nut and 12.5" of braided carbon fiber.

1E6255BE-94B3-44EC-9D50-620A9E5A131F.jpeg.6db504fa6ebe19af1220712ab5e7479c.jpeg
Yup. That's nice looking!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hello: If you like the small diameter handguards made of carbon fiber the Taccom and KAW Valley are good. The small diameter Nordic 22 aluminum handgaurd works well also. If you like the larger diameter carbon look at the DPMS or Clark custom ones. Lots of choices out there that is decided by the thickness of your wallet. Thanks, Eric

Initially, I did not think that I was going to like the small diameter of the Taccom HG.  After shooting with it, I actually prefer it to the larger diameter models.

The large HG's obviously have a purpose, but if you do no intend to mount accessories to it, the small is very comfortable.

4 hours ago, longbeard said:

Yup. That's nice looking!

For $296 through Brownells I am glad it looks and feels as nice as it does. I was surprised how “tubular” it feels, for something with so many voids in it.

I don’t know that I’d spend the money if I had to do it over, but I went absolutely “full retard” on my PCC build.

Been using a taccom for almost two years. I like the small diameter.  Its light weight, affordable and the fit/finish is decent. I have not had any issues with the mounting system(the tube is held to the nut with only one screw). The only downside I can come up with is you have no "bolt on" option to mount say a laser and if you do a custom solution like I did(glue/screw a rail section), you will find there is a little flex in the tube. Hasn't been an issue out to 10 or so yards though. 

I purchased one of the complete Taccom uppers with the carbon fiber handguards.  I really like the weight and the diameter of it.  I was worried at first that it was going to be a little slick or something...but the texture of the carbon fiber is quite nice even when your hands are sweaty or a little wet.

I will find out how it works in a good amount of rain tomorrow...staff day for a big match.

1 minute ago, JohnnyD said:

I purchased one of the complete Taccom uppers with the carbon fiber handguards.  I really like the weight and the diameter of it.  I was worried at first that it was going to be a little slick or something...but the texture of the carbon fiber is quite nice even when your hands are sweaty or a little wet.

I will find out how it works in a good amount of rain tomorrow...staff day for a big match.

I use a little skate tape on it.  Ensures your hand won't slide back when wet or sweaty.

6 minutes ago, longbeard said:

I use a little skate tape on it.  Ensures your hand won't slide back when wet or sweaty.

I think I have some down in my workshop, I'll throw a little on to be safe tonight.

Thanks

2 hours ago, JohnnyD said:

I have been using hockey stick tape on mine 

Lucked out in the rain department, it only sprinkled a few times they originally projected some serious amounts of rain.  I still did however before the match put a nice square of skate tape that almost went all the way around the tube.  Gun ran great...operator needs work ?  Still managed 4th out of 12 with a pro taking the top spot.

Need to practice shooting on the move more and keep that rifle solid while doing so...will help me pick up more time. 

Edited by JohnnyD

I am curious what one does if you want to put a laser sight on the front of the carbon fiber tube or if you want to mount BUIS? There are no pic rails so how would you take care of that issue with the Taccom tube?

Are there other manufacturers who do make a carbon fiber tube that has pic rails?