Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kahles K16i 1-6x 3GR

Southbound

That's a $2,000 piece of glass.

There are lot of good glass makers out there these days ... but Darq is correct about the reticle being personal preference.  The reticle has to work for you and your load.

Edited by Tampa-XD45

• 2 weeks later...

I looked briefly at the reticle from one of the shooters at a recent match.  I really liked how the glass and reticle looked ... much better than the scopes I own.

I liked it so much I ran the numbers on the cost of the scope and checked with my load.  Here's how the drops would look with my ammo and rifle (69g SMK on 24.9g TAC @2600fps).  The drops aren't perfect, but are close.  

IMG_7012.png

25 minutes ago, emjbe said:

I looked briefly at the reticle from one of the shooters at a recent match.  I really liked how the glass and reticle looked ... much better than the scopes I own.

I liked it so much I ran the numbers on the cost of the scope and checked with my load.  Here's how the drops would look with my ammo and rifle (69g SMK on 24.9g TAC @2600fps).  The drops aren't perfect, but are close.  

IMG_7012.png

What ballistic solver is pictured here? I take it you can adjust your turrets?

Reticle looks similar to the C-more C3 I currently use, I find the simple tree reticles like these way more useful in the wind than the BDC only stuff like the JM-1 in the Razor.

1 hour ago, TonytheTiger said:

What ballistic solver is pictured here? I take it you can adjust your turrets?

IPhone and Android app named strelok.

You can adjust the elevation turret in the app and it updates your holds.  You can also change your zero and see what the holds are with differing zeros. 

43 minutes ago, emjbe said:

IPhone and Android app named strelok.

You can adjust the elevation turret in the app and it updates your holds.  You can also change your zero and see what the holds are with differing zeros. 

Strelok Pro? I have Strelok + and it doesn't have that option.

Here’s a live picture of the reticle on 50m indoor and 300m outdoor. On 50m the black point is a small patch, the targets on 300 are two IPSC targets and one IPSC 2/3 target below. The dot doesn’t come out nicely on the pictures. It’s much more bright in real life. Quality of the iPhone pics is also reduced. The glass is very bright and the field of view huge. I own a K16i with the SI1 reticle also. I like the new 3GR! 

F2CF0954-610E-4528-BB7C-55E08186D4BD.jpeg

7BECDE92-95AA-44C8-BC8E-CD9A2C4378D9.jpeg

The second dot’s brightness is the same as the main dot. Both are regulated together. You can use the second dot as an easy to find holdover for far or even very close distances (for example a clay pigeon on very close distance). Unfortunately the pics made with the phone don’t show the dots color and brightness nicely. 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a very rare SM2 reticle and my friend has the 3GR reticle.  Both are daylight bright.  My SM2 rivals the Razor, just with a slightly more forgiving eye box and wider field of view.  The second  dot is small and allows for extremely fast holdovers for between 200 to 400 yards depending on your zero

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2018 at 1:07 AM, CaptRight said:

How does the dot brightness compare to a vortex razer? I have a K16i with SM1 reticle and on sunny days the illumination is barely noticeable. While my vortex is Aimpoint bright. 

can not agree, are you sure you turn it to the maximum brightness? my k16i is daylight bright..

On 10/1/2018 at 1:07 AM, CaptRight said:

How does the dot brightness compare to a vortex razer? I have a K16i with SM1 reticle and on sunny days the illumination is barely noticeable. While my vortex is Aimpoint bright. 

Maybe your battery is weak. Try testing the battery voltage with a VOM, and putting in a fresh CR2032.

• 1 month later...
On 4/17/2018 at 2:47 PM, Tampa-XD45 said:

That's a $2,000 piece of glass.

There are lot of good glass makers out there these days ... but Darq is correct about the reticle being personal preference.  The reticle has to work for you and your load.

Nope.  That's MSRP.  MAP is lower, and street is lower still.

19 hours ago, davidwiz said:

Nope.  That's MSRP.  MAP is lower, and street is lower still.

Where did you find a lower price?  It's $1,999 at: Amazon, Adorama, B&H Photo, SportOptics, Midway, Brownells, StageZeroShooting, EuroOptic, Interstateguns, CSTactical, AbleAmmo