Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kahles K16i 1-6x 3GR

Southbound

2 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

Is it too much to ask that scope makers dont put all that garbage in the crosshairs and clog up the reticle. What happened to a simple cross with etch Mark's for hold overs

Wind holds are just as important to me.  Holding off into space sucks.  The 3GR reticle in the K16 is very clean and isn’t distracting at all.  This may be the best 3gun scope on the market currently.   

Just now, CharlieD said:

Wind holds are just as important to me.  Holding off into space sucks.  The 3GR reticle in the K16 is very clean and isn’t distracting at all.  This may be the best 3gun scope on the market currently.   

Absolutly not. Vortex razor or even a steiner of equilivent price

I’ve had a couple razors, they are certainly very good scopes.  The Kahles has better glass, a wider field of view, a nice mil reticle w/ mil wind holds, and is quite a bit lighter.  The only downside to the Kahles that I’ve found so far is cost.  I never thought I would spend that much on a scope, but after looking through one I wasn’t left with much choice.

On 4/6/2019 at 10:53 AM, Tampa-XD45 said:

Where did you find a lower price?  It's $1,999 at: Amazon, Adorama, B&H Photo, SportOptics, Midway, Brownells, StageZeroShooting, EuroOptic, Interstateguns, CSTactical, AbleAmmo

call around.  $1,999 is MAP.  Street price is usually lower if you call a stocking dealer.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Gunjack said:

If funds were unlimited, would this be the go to scope?

After recently seeing the Trijicon Accupower 1-8x hands on, I think that would be my go to scope. Glass was every bit as good as the Kahles. I like the 3GR reticle more, but I was very impressed with that accupower.

On 4/28/2019 at 10:20 AM, emjbe said:

After recently seeing the Trijicon Accupower 1-8x hands on, I think that would be my go to scope. Glass was every bit as good as the Kahles. I like the 3GR reticle more, but I was very impressed with that accupower.

Thanks for the input, I have the  Trijicon 1 x 8 on rifle for a different purpose … although it's a great scope, it's a little heavy and the FOV is a little more narrow than I care for …… all said, it's a good quality scope.

On 5/1/2019 at 7:57 AM, Gunjack said:

Just got the Kahles 1x6 3G in the mail, nice scope. Look forward to deploying it after this next match.

Initial observations: I like the reticle. It has 2 dots which almost illuminate with the same intensity (don't like), in addition, the reticle also illuminates … 2 dots and the lit-up reticle seems to take some of the intensity away (almost like a distraction) compared to a single dot or the open gun quickness, like the Razor or Swaro.  The illumination dial is on and off, no separate settings w/off in between settings, not a deal breaker but I kinda miss that option. Elevation/windage knobs are simple. Overall, it's a nice scope although in my opinion, it's not a 3gun specific scope.  Overall, good scope but in my opinion, a little over priced in comparison. Will have to field test it and see how it stands up to some abuse which some of the lighter scopes have been accused of not holding up as well.

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2019 at 11:33 AM, Gunjack said:

Initial observations: I like the reticle. It has 2 dots which almost illuminate with the same intensity (don't like), in addition, the reticle also illuminates … 2 dots and the lit-up reticle seems to take some of the intensity away (almost like a distraction) compared to a single dot or the open gun quickness, like the Razor or Swaro.  The illumination dial is on and off, no separate settings w/off in between settings, not a deal breaker but I kinda miss that option. Elevation/windage knobs are simple. Overall, it's a nice scope although in my opinion, it's not a 3gun specific scope.  Overall, good scope but in my opinion, a little over priced in comparison. Will have to field test it and see how it stands up to some abuse which some of the lighter scopes have been accused of not holding up as well.

Any update since? 

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2019 at 7:37 PM, dravz said:

Any update since? 

Overall it's a great scope although in my opinion, the intensity of the dot doesn't compare to the Razor plus the two dot thing on the Kahle doesn't make sense for speed shooting. If I was to buy just one scope that cost under 2k for 3gun, it would be a Razor simply because the dot is more effective. I can say this because I've been shooting open and playing the dot game for several years. All that said, the Kahles is a very nice scope, but like other scope companies, they try to do to much in some areas and not enough in others, at least for the average 3 gunner.

• 2 weeks later...