Mark7 Evolution

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 hours ago, quiller said:

Wow....that was a wait. I’m very hopeful I’ll get mine this month. Keep us updated. 

You will.   

I talked to DAA on the 1st and they said they are supposed to receive a shipment this month but when and how many is a ????    

Hopefully the first half of the month. ?

I will be lucky if I get mine by Christmas.  I'm # 8 on the list.

Edited by Norm37

Anyone else have trouble reaching the Mark 7 support? My powder measure is still not working properly and I've not got a reply from them IN A WEEK. Not the level of customer service I would expect from a machine at this price range.

27 minutes ago, mikamarj said:

Anyone else have trouble reaching the Mark 7 support? My powder measure is still not working properly and I've not got a reply from them IN A WEEK. Not the level of customer service I would expect from a machine at this price range.

No. 

But I have had trouble with sales.  A couple of times I have asked questions about accessories for the Evolution.  The person does not have a clue what I am talking about and on two different occasions they have taken my phone number so they can check with a manager and get back to me.  Both times no call back.

I really  don't want to cancel my order with DAA. But I am having  my doubts about the Mark 7 company.

I feel I am going to have difficulty upgrading to different calibers,  accessories etc. after I receive my Evolution

Edited by Norm37

17 minutes ago, Norm37 said:

But I have had trouble with sales.  A couple of times I have asked questions about accessories for the Evolution.  The person does not have a clue what I am talking about and on two different occasions they have taken my phone number so they can check with a manager and get back to me.  Both times no call back.

I really  don't want to cancel my order with DAA. But I am having  my doubts about the Mark 7 company.

I feel I am going to have difficulty upgrading to different calibers,  accessories etc. after I receive my Evolution

My understanding is that they are still focusing on delivering the already ordered presses, accessories and caliber conversions will be actually available later. (I am also waiting for some accessories and caliber conversions)

After having the Evo Pro for couple of weeks, I would not cancel any order -- it IS a superior machine compared to the 1050. But the company needs to step up and learn something from the Dillon's "no bulls#!t warranty". I am not really happy having a non-working powder measure for weeks and not even getting replies from the support.

1 hour ago, mikamarj said:

My understanding is that they are still focusing on delivering the already ordered presses, accessories and caliber conversions will be actually available later. (I am also waiting for some accessories and caliber conversions)

That's good to hear.  Maybe by then the sales staff will be more informed about their products.

After having the Evo Pro for couple of weeks, I would not cancel any order -- it IS a superior machine compared to the 1050. But the company needs to step up and learn something from the Dillon's "no bulls#!t warranty".

I have been looking at both the 1050 and 650???

I have also been thinking of getting the (might even automate it) Case Pro 100  I definitely would if I got the 650.  I think the sizing die puts a lot of stress on the shell plates of presses and also contributes to powder spillage. Might even get the mark 7 auto drive if I get one of the Dillon Presses.

The 650 really seems interesting with all the after market upgrades.  Seems like they correct most all of the problems.

The only down side to the 650 is I would have to do two passes on my loading because only 5 stations.  But that's not that big a deal as additional tool heads are only $29.95  Two dies on one and 5 dies on another tool head.

I am not really happy having a non-working powder measure for weeks and not even getting replies from the support.

I am thinking of using my Hornady Lock N load powder measure on my Evolution when it arrives.

Edited by Norm37

It has been 3 weeks now that I have been trying to get through to support. I have a couple issues that they know about that need to be dealt with, being outside the US means ITAR stuff, but I haven't heard a word.

6 minutes ago, Furrly said:

Growing pains of a new product, I'll waite a few Years before I jump in. Thanks for all of the honest feedback guys. 

I am thinking the same and might cancel my Evolution order.  I have a couple months to decide as I am # 8 on the DAA waiting list.

NORM7> I would definitely waite, there seems to be a big lack of support in place to address all the issues going on with these presses.. I'm hard press to fork out 5k plus for somthing that doesn't work and no support at this point. I'll stick with the blue for now. I'm sure they are great presses just a lot of bugs that need to be worked out. 

2 hours ago, Furrly said:

NORM7> I would definitely waite, there seems to be a big lack of support in place to address all the issues going on with these presses.. I'm hard press to fork out 5k plus for somthing that doesn't work and no support at this point. I'll stick with the blue for now. I'm sure they are great presses just a lot of bugs that need to be worked out. 

I'm thinking about it even more since your comments.  So many after market parts for the Dillon 650,  multiple (inexpensive) parts that have roller bearings so parts are not rubbing against each other and they really smooth out the operation of the press. The more I research the more I like it.

I am just reloading for myself, so in a way the Evolution is nice but really overkill for me.  Local practice at an indoor range.  No shooting matches or anything like that.

I mentioned in an earlier reply.  Mark 7 might have made a mistake taking all the preorders,  I think it would have been better just to have filled all the dealer orders and let those owners act as beta testers.  Gotten all their complaints taken care of and perfected the Press, improved Tec Support etc.

It sure seems they don't have enough Tec  support people and probably can't afford to hire more.

6 hours ago, Norm37 said:

...I feel I am going to have difficulty upgrading to different calibers,  accessories etc. after I receive my Evolution

I already have another tool head and a tool head stand being delivered on Monday. So, accessories are available.

I'm thinking about it even more since your comments.  So many after market parts for the Dillon 650,  multiple (inexpensive) parts that have roller bearings so parts are not rubbing against each other and they really smooth out the operation of the press. The more I research the more I like it.

That is actually why I moved on from my 1050 and 650 that it requires after market parts to make them function as intended. Dillon's support staff do answer the phone but most of the time their advice is to tell you how to make repairs. For example on my 650 it would no longer automatically feed as feed cam wasn't dropping the empty case down.. Their solution was to take it apart and move the cam forward to get it to feed (worn out after 10-15K rounds).

Edited by tanks

Accessories are really not needed with the Evo.  Spare parts and upgrade features are easily had.  

Customer support has always been excellent in the few times I have need to call.  

Were they overwhelmed with initial orders on the Evo?  Hell yeah  They  brought something to market that far surpasses anything else available and even they were surprised by the numbers.  
They are more than sound financially sound and are constantly expanding and have new things in design right now.  

5 hours ago, mikamarj said:

...After having the Evo Pro for couple of weeks, I would not cancel any order -- it IS a superior machine compared to the 1050. But the company needs to step up and learn something from the Dillon's "no bulls#!t warranty". I am not really happy having a non-working powder measure for weeks and not even getting replies from the support.

I thought you contacted them just a week ago? Also, you are in Europe so I think for best results you might have to work through your distributor. Due to ITAR regulations I don't think you can just DHL the powder measure to them to be upgraded and have it returned.

My experience with them has been pretty responsive in regards to the Revolution that I have.

I ordered in March and received a call on Tuesday from M7. Their online ordering system did not calculate shipping correctly.   I paid my shipping difference and she said I should ship this week.  I ordered a glass hopper from dramworx yesterday based on info in this thread.  Got 15k pieces of brass awaiting the arrival. 

I haven't commented for a while.  I ordered an Evo Pro the first week of Feb. 2018 but I told Jay I wanted it in .500 S&W.  He estimated at that time that it would be June before he got around to new shellplates.  That was okay by me.

Orders exceeded their expectations and June became "Around Labor Day."  Now it looks like maybe Jan. 1st...

I'm not complaining.  My excitement from months ago prompted jcwallace to order a manual Evo in .223; he received it some time ago and he loves it.

I will continue to listen to Evo users WHO HAVE AND ARE USING these presses, and pretty much ignore people who claim to "have one on order" but are now "having second thoughts."

When I get my press, my standard for comparison is not going to be Evo vs Dillon.  Mike Dillon was a friend for 40 years and I bought one of the first RL1000s from him in 1978 and a first-year 1050 in the '80s.  Both were disappointments; the 1050 less so than the 1000 because it was one-third the cost.

The comparison that I intend to make is Evo vs Star.  From what actual current Evo users have been telling me, I think I'm going to be pleased...

JR

UPDATE:  A Mark 7 rep just called me 5 minutes ago to tell me that Jay is on the road doing matches, but told her to call me and have me send them "a batch" of .500 S&W brass so they could get to work on my shellplate. 

She didn't know how many was in a "batch," so I'm sending a thousand or so, both new unfired Starline brass, and Starline and Hornady cases that have been fired several times.

Woohoo!

JR

UPDATE:  A Mark 7 rep just called me 5 minutes ago to tell me that Jay is on the road doing matches, but told her to call me and have me send them "a batch" of .500 S&W brass so they could get to work on my shellplate. 

She didn't know how many was in a "batch," so I'm sending a thousand or so, both new unfired Starline brass, and Starline and Hornady cases that have been fired several times.

Woohoo!

JR

Dang bro! what do you do with a 500 S&W to shoot so much of it you need an evo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Mike Dame said:

Norm37 joined sept5 and all the posts are digs at mark 7. Something is fishy here.

I'm guessing this is the dude from immorto bot or one of the ammobot guys that constantly talk crap in reloading central

I never heard of immorto bot  have heard of ammobot.  By the way I ordered an Evolution not the Evolution Pro.

What is really a shame is you don't know how to read.  Below is a quote from an earlier reply.

"I have also been thinking of getting the (might even automate it) Case Pro 100  I definitely would if I got the 650.  I think the sizing die puts a lot of stress on the shell plates of presses and also contributes to powder spillage. Might even get the mark 7 auto drive if I get one of the Dillon Presses."

Nothing in the above about any bot bot machines.  But their is info on a Mark 7 auto drive.

From what I see so far the 650 runs fine with a Mark 7 auto drive.   I would like the auto drive as I will have to do two passes with only 5 stations.

If I do keep my Evolution order I will run it manually as with 7 stations I only have to do one pass reloading.

Your right a lot of crap talk from me as I feel I have been treated like crap.  All I get from sales is we will get back to you, The never do get back.

I can not talk to tec support as I do not have my Press or serial number yet.  That's kind of lame.

When I make purchases I like to get as much preorder info on the product as I can.   I was able to get a PDF copy of the manual thanks to another poster.  Mark 7 is trying to keep the manual secret until you buy the Press.

I am not a fisherman but do have a good friend who gives me quite a bit of fish.  Maybe that makes me fishy?

Norm,  The Dude ?

Ps.  The big thing holding me up on canceling my Evolution order is the 650 with all the extra bells an whistles is going to cost a lot more than the Evolution Press.  But then it might be worth it in the long run?????

Edited by Norm37

6 minutes ago, Norm37 said:

I can not talk to tec support as I do not have my Press or serial number yet.  That's kind of lame.

Ive got to wonder why would you need to talk to support if you dont yet have a machine?  I work in IT and I cant call for support on a product I dont have...

2 minutes ago, Norm37 said:

..."I have also been thinking of getting the (might even automate it) Case Pro 100  I definitely would if I got the 650.  I think the sizing die puts a lot of stress on the shell plates of presses and also contributes to powder spillage.

FYI, roll sizing gets rid of the bulge at the bottom of the case as sizing dies can't get that low. You still need to full length size the case. Now, if you really want to reduce "stress on shell plates" then you could decap, size and prime in one pass and do the powder charge, seat and crimp on another pass. A bit of an overkill though.

23 minutes ago, CrashDodson said:

Ive got to wonder why would you need to talk to support if you dont yet have a machine?  I work in IT and I cant call for support on a product I dont have...

Because every time I call with a sales question the sales person says.  I don't have any technical answers I will have to get back to you.  Or I will have to ask my manager.  Never a call back.

I do have an order with DAA for those who do not believe. 

$500 downpayment for the Mark 7 Evolution reloading press in 40 caliber.  I will send in my military ID for the military discount.

Thanks, Norm

Response: This transaction has been approved. (1)
Transaction ID: 409xxxxxxxx                  I will only give the first three numbers of my transaction.

Edited by Norm37