Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great 2# Drop In Triogger Kit!

Adam B

I'm aware of the cruciform change and I'm glad that you are not having any problems with your G2 frame unfortunately I did have issues with my G2 frames (Dry Fired in a G17 G2 framed after the initial test with the same results) and I cannot in good faith give a recommendation on something that hasn’t worked for me.

Edited by ryucasta

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryucasta,

Even a finely fitted trigger can have issues when the factory changes the spec. ;)

If want details, PM me.

Again, I can recommend the RS kit for both 2nd and 3rd gen frames. And if for some reason it doesn't work for you or you are unstatisifed, Ralph either will refund your money or work with you.

Also, I'm looking forward to trying one of Charlie's Drop in Kits.

Ryucasta,

Even a finely fitted trigger can have issues when the factory changes the spec. ;)

If want details, PM me.

Again, I can recommend the RS kit for both 2nd and 3rd gen frames. And if for some reason it doesn't work for you or you are unstatisifed, Ralph either will refund your money or work with you.

Also, I'm looking forward to trying one of Charlie's Drop in Kits.

Charlie is going to start making drop in kits?

I recieved the kit today and promptly installed it in a 2nd Gen G17 and went to the range.The trigger group was a big improvement over the one that was in the gun already.As I had posted before that trigger group had been polished and had a 3.5 connector and still had a heavy pull(sorry I don't have a trigger pull guage).I had also put in a reduced power striker spring which did bring the weight down but I had a lot of light hits on the primers so I took it out.I installed all the parts that RS sent including the striker spring.I fired 300 rds of WWB with no misfires at all.Trigger reset was great ,I fired hammers as fast as I could with no problems.I was pleased with the kit,compared to the prior trigger this was like getting a new gun :D I can't wait to try one of these in a G21.

I'm new to glocks and I have a 34 coming in. It's used and has a barsto bbl, titanium striker, titanium drop safety, over travel stop, stainless guiderod. Again, I know nothing about glocks and truth be told, I've never held one let alone shot one.

Regardless, I don't know which kit to get, the $50 or the $65. What exactly does the 3.5 connector do?

Sorry for the newb question.

Looks like the price just went up. Just my luck. I plan on buying something, the price goes up. I buy something, the damn price goes down. :wacko::lol:

Edited by al503

I thought that what I read on Glock Talk was that the reduced striker spring and the Ti striker don't go together very well. Reduced striking force coupled with a lighter than normal Ti unit equals inconsistant primer ignition.

Would also be interested to hear from people with first hand experience.

Al503, shoot that thing to begin with before you replace anything. Sounds like it is already nice and you might not need to do anything else to it.

Rick

I forgot to mention that there is hardly any vibration when the trigger is pulled.I had a titanium safety plunger in before and it helped some but the one that comes with the kit (polished stainless?) is way better.

thanks for the advice, clay and srt.

I definitely plan on shooting it first now that the price has gone up on the kits. I might just wait and see if someone wants to sell a lightly used one later. I've ordered the sevigny comp sights cause I think that everybody thinks the stockers suck.

I'm aware of the cruciform change and I'm glad that you are not having any problems with your G2 frame unfortunately I did have issues with my G2 frames (Dry Fired in a G17 G2 framed after the initial test with the same results) and I cannot in good faith give a recommendation on something that hasn’t worked for me.

Not sure if this is due to "the change", but:

I ordered the 2# kit from Triggerkit.com for my G35 which I recently bought used. I installed the kit in "stages", putting in the striker spring first leaving the other stock parts in. That probably dropped the pull weigh about a pound or more (down to maybe 4 pounds). Mine was pretty heavy when stock, close to 5# measured at the center of the trigger.

I installed the new trigger bar and receiver piece and the trigger got heavy and crunchy feeling. Pull went up to about 6#. Stock parts worked well, new parts not.

I traced it to the trigger bar 'wings" dragging on the top of the plastice housing block at the "ramp" section. I radiused off the leading edge of the underside of the "wings" to get clearance and that fixed it. I did not remove much or "shorten" the wing's length, just rounded over the underside of the edge.

The final trigger pull numbers are about 2# at the bottom tip of the trigger, maybe 2.7# at the center.

Much improved over stock. I shot 100 round with no light strikes or problems.

Not sure if the "fitting" was necessary due to frame difference?

At any rate, a real good result for such a low cost add on.

Edited by bountyhunter

"Anybody tried this kit with a Lightning Strike Ti striker?"

Won't get into what personally think re, Ti strikers but have used LS's lightened steel striker with Ralph's Kit for over 5K rounds {conservatively} with zero problems and like it. Probably it's best benefit is the KN coating on the striker making the release smoother? Had it in the gun for a long time before with a Wolff 4 lb. striker spring and had no problems at all either.

As far as connector's goes, they should be polished and faced and trued IF needed. And, that's what you are getting if you buy both from Ralph.

I love the hell out of mine not because of its lightness but its predictability, and control, always know when it's going to break and where........

I have a Vanek and several RS triggers. I used to use a Lightening Strike ti striker, years ago when I did my own trigger jobs and before getting a Vanek and RS trigger. I had talked with Charlie for a while about Ti striker and he likes the full weight of the stock striker, or at least a full weighted steel striker for more reliable ignition.

Received and installed the RS trigger kit. Fit a set of Sevigny Comp sights (thanks to Bob L. for his timely article about this in the current Front Sight). Applied some Slide-Glide and dry-fired it about 300 times.

I'm happy so far. :D

Now to get some live-fire in.

Have to post this, Ralph - the kit manufacturer, sent me an email after he saw my initial response to the kit installation. He offered a full refund or would answer any questions that I might have had and offered some initial advice about the set up of the kit.

Since I edited my initial post and didn't just do a different post all he saw on the email notification was that I wasn't totally satisfied. I just want to say that Ralph stands behind his product and it was nice hearing from him to try and resolve a problem without me having to call him first. Stand up guy, Ralph is.

Rick

Ditto, he did the same when he saw my post about getting light strikes on S+B ammo and is sending me a new striker spring. Nice to get such good service.

With the Vanek trigger being disallowed in production, does the Sotelo trigger have any modifications that would disallow it from being used in Production? For those of us with Vanek triggers shooting Production it would be nice to know if there were any "LEGAL" production alternatives.

The RS kit does not move the trigger pivot pin or shave the trigger safety.

Therefore, by the new rules interpretation, it is within the rules.

I think you need to wait, though. I don't think this is (nor should it be) over.

IOW, go back to the stock trigger bar and leave it at that until you hear otherwise... unless you don't mind spending the money and, potentially, having it declared non-compliant.

A very unfortunate decision. I can see the "logic", but give me a frickn break. It's a barely noticable pin that's expertly blended into the stock trigger. I say cut the trigger in half, install the pin assy, then seamlessly glue the triger halfs back together. Look, no external mods.

The rules state that trigger work can be done, while also saying that no external mods are allowed except sights and grip tape. I think we need to add another "except" in there rather than kill a great production trigger.

What's about the aluminum Lightening Strike trigger in Prod. Is that an external mod too?

I think you need to wait, though. I don't think this is (nor should it be) over.

It is over!!!!

NROI ruled on the VANEK trigger only!!!!!

These rule interpretations are very specific. As is the external modification rule.

The RS trigger changes nothing externally.

A very unfortunate decision. I can see the "logic", but give me a frickn break. It's a barely noticable pin that's expertly blended into the stock trigger. I say cut the trigger in half, install the pin assy, then seamlessly glue the triger halfs back together. Look, no external mods.

Exactly!!

But the LS Aluminum trigger isn't Production legal.