Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great 2# Drop In Triogger Kit!

Adam B

Raul,

I have RS kits in my G17 and G24. Those trigger safeties were not shaved and I don't think Ralph ever shaved them (contouring the face of the trigger safety). Check the face of your trigger safties on your Vaneks and then compare them to the RS kit. The back of the trigger safety, where it contacts the frame is a different mod.

Maybe that was a miscommunication on my part.

From triggerkit.com:

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Due to the recent Production Class ruling with mag releases and modified triggers, all kits will now ship with UNMODIFIED trigger safeties. This modification is not necessary, but we perform it as it enhances the reliability of the drop in kit. This change now ensures the trigger kits are USPSA Production Class legal. Please contact us with any questions on this change. THANKS!!

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all convinced me, and ordered an RS for my 34 for production. What I didn't see in this string was if the recoil spring needs to be lightened from the stock 17# spring. I put a captured 17# spring with a captured SS rod in my 34. Do I need to go to a 15# spring to get a more reliable balance with the new trigger springs? (Saw some info touch this area from Mad Scientist early on in the string, but didn't see a diffinative answer.)

Also, does anyone know how the RS trigger compairs to Mad Scientist's concoction of LS parts? Just curious, John will probably be getting my business in the future for a limited (his work is unbelievably nice as far as I can tell), and haven's seen any info on this string about the comparison for feel and realibility.

P.S. Joker, you and I need to meet. It appears we are the few Glockers on the site in CO, NOT from GA, lol. I'll be at the meet at AGC this Saturday. I'll be the guy with Todd, and wearing a Glock set-up just like Lizards (being the new guy, I have made Lizard my mentor).

No need to change the recoil spring if you dont want to. I put a 15# on a steel rod to try and didnt like it so when I went back to the rod and spring. Both function fine and I can swap out without comprimising reliability. I just put the steel rod w/ 15# spring in the bag as a spare.

I don't know about lightening the recoil spring with a light striker spring. Never heard that or tried it either.

I've hear of the opposite - heavier recoil spring (13+ lb) with stock striker springs and heavy trigger springs. (The striker can pull the gun out of battery if the recoil spring is too light.)

I don't know about lightening the recoil spring with a light striker spring. Never heard that or tried it either.

I've hear of the opposite - heavier recoil spring (13+ lb) with stock striker springs and heavy trigger springs. (The striker can pull the gun out of battery if the recoil spring is too light.)

From Wolff springs website:

Extra power striker springs for help with hard primer ammo's - Warning: do not use with reduced power recoil springs

They seem to think that stock-heavy recoil springs should be used with extra power striker springs.

Conversely, I assume that means light recoil with light striker is OK.

The heavy striker spring, light recoil spring..I knew about and it makes sense.

But "balancing" the two, is new. Maybe Mad Scientist can explain.

I've run a 15lb ISMI with the wolf reduced striker spring and after probably 20k, they are still fine. Lately, it's the same 15 ISMI and the stock striker spring..still OK. Others run the stock recoil spring with the light striker spring with n/p.

The 13lb ISMI needed 4 coils cut to get full travel and I didn't like the way it felt or cycled so it was tossed.

Hey guys, does anyone know what type of trigger spring Triggerkit uses? It is just a plain Wolff extra power spring that I can order online? I'm trying to collect a set of spare springs for my gun. I have the Triggerkit..

Thanks!

I haven't got the RS trigger kit installed yet, but I can say Ralph was very helpful and quick in fixing a small communication mixup about my order. Excellent customer service. I can't wait to try out this kit!

I have now installed 2 of the RS triggers , both work great !

The only problem noted is that ( I think ? ) you need some amount of overtravel to let the safety plunger get out of the way of the striker.

This is not a large amount , or a big deal , just something ( I think ? ) I noticed.

Maybe someone who knows more about this could chime in ?

Travis F.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the kit and installed it a couple of weeks ago. At first, I didn't really feel much difference in the pull from the original 3.5 lb stock parts in my 34. I have now shot it in two mateches and lots of dry firing practice. Man, did it loosen up, and now I feel a significant difference. Smoother, doesn't stack up as much before the break, and definately made the gun (and my shooting) more accurate.

Without a doubt it has improved my shooting, and was worth every penny.

I "think" that Ralph's striker spring weights between stock and the reduced wolff.

Using Ralph's trigger set, I run a 13 lb. recoil spring and the original stock striker spring. No problems and no movement of the slide. I think the stock striker spring, while adding a tiny bit of resistance on the trigger pull, gives a stronger reset.

Just my $.02.

SA Friday - I hope that new trigger doesn't improve your game too much. See you on Saturday in Aurora. Same squad?

Cheers,

-brian reynolds

I "think" that Ralph's striker spring weights between stock and the reduced wolff.

Using Ralph's trigger set, I run a 13 lb. recoil spring and the original stock striker spring. No problems and no movement of the slide. I think the stock striker spring, while adding a tiny bit of resistance on the trigger pull, gives a stronger reset.

Just my $.02.

SA Friday - I hope that new trigger doesn't improve your game too much. See you on Saturday in Aurora. Same squad?

Cheers,

-brian reynolds

If you perform the verticle slide return to battery after the trigger is dry fired and pinned before it goes to reset, you can determine if your recoil spring is compatible with the other springs.

Edited by coltgov

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone out there with a spare RS kit for G22 that they would be willing to post to Ireland.

All expenses paid and licenses and certs can be supplied.Nobody seems to be willing to export due to custom hassle, but major dealers will export parts with value less than $100

no problem.Have got items from Brownells, Midway etc with no problems.Any help would be appreciated.DVC

Will brownells actually ship you gun parts? It's one thing to send a book about firearms or something else but actual parts to a firearm, I always thought was a no no. This is my perception and not necessarily fact. I listen to others and learn.

Rick

To quote Brownells catalogue

"Export license will be required an all orders, totaling $100 in regulated gun parts, shipping to international addresses.

Actions,barrelled actions,pistol frames,barrels.barrel liners and cylinders require an export license for all orders shipped to international addresses.

A gun part is "Any item necessary to the operation of a weapon"

Examples are triggers,sears, hammers,safeties, magazines and sights"

So you see my quandry.Short of arranging a trip over there, this is my only hope.

Bryan Mc Evilly

You can achieve a 2lb trigger pull using all stock parts w/the exception of a 3.5 Scherer connector. The take up can be eliminated by using a carpet tack.

*QUOTE*

I think the stock striker spring, while adding a tiny bit of resistance on the trigger pull, gives a stronger reset.

The strength of the striker spring greatly effects the trigger pull. OEM springs can be shortened(16 coils) and used w/a lightened OEM striker.

Edited by the duck of death

• 2 months later...
I got my G19 the other day, my first glock, and I had no idea that a trigger could be sooooo bad! Does this kit fit a compact frame like a 19 or a 23? Could I use the stock connector and get a crisp trigger that is a little lighter but not all the way down to 2#? A nice and sweet 3.5 that breaks instead of mushes would be great. This 5.5# washboard is the roughest thing I have ever squeezed.

I just found this thread, and read all the way through, and it seems that no one ever answered this question. Has anyone tried the RS trigger kit with a factory 5lb connector? I have a Glock 19 that I do shoot in IDPA, because it is my carry gun and I want to get better with what I carry. I don't feel comfortable with a carry gun having a 2lb trigger, but I definitely would like to smooth it out and lighten it from what it currently has. Will this kit allow me to do that?

Arnie

Maybe it was another thread, but I know SRT Driver has checked this out. In his G17, with a 5lb connector, the pull is almost as light, with just a little heavier break. It is actually a very nice feel, and I gave some thought to setting mine up that way.

I dunno if all the parts will interchange into a G19 or not though.

I bought one of Ralphs kits about a year ago, and have had tremendous results. I have finished 2nd in A class at all (3) of the Major matches I have shot this year (so far). It really is a superior trigger for the price.

But just this last week, my gun has started to double. It has only happened once each time, but it has happened THREE TIMES now. Once last Sunday at a club match, once yesterday at a State match, and once today at another club match.

I'm not sure where to begin replacing parts to fix this DANGEROUS ISSUE, but if I cant fix this problem I will have to stop using the trigger in my glock.

Does anyone know where to begin ???