Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great 2# Drop In Triogger Kit!

Adam B

Hello all,

I ordered a trigger kit for my Glock 34(the one with the connector) from Ralph at triggerkit.com. I got it today and was surprised to see that there are no directions in the box on how to install it. Is this how it is supposed to be or did I just get an incomplete order? I kinda see how it goes in, but I definately would rather have step by step instructions. If anyone else ordered from that site, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Irate

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

I ordered a trigger kit for my Glock 34(the one with the connector) from Ralph at triggerkit.com. I got it today and was surprised to see that there are no directions in the box on how to install it. Is this how it is supposed to be or did I just get an incomplete order? I kinda see how it goes in, but I definately would rather have step by step instructions. If anyone else ordered from that site, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Irate

Theres nothing to it. The pin that holds the slide stop lever can be a little tricky but it's basically a drop-in part. Theres some links stickied here somewhere on how to pull it apart and put it back in. Do a search here for .25 trigger job.

How does it compare to a good .25 job with 4# striker and 5# trigger springs? I'm not as much concerned about trigger weight as I am the smoothness of it.

It's comparable. I did the .25 trigger job on my 35 and installed the RP striker spring and it produced a really nice, clean, 100% reliable trigger pull that measures 3# exactly. I've had 3 Sotelo kits, 2 worked, the other didn't, he replaced it and it still wouldn't work, so I threw it in the junk bin.

I don't have the patience to use a Dremel, so I use a bench mounted buffer instead. If you go that way, make sure to use ZERO pressure or you'll strip the coating off the parts. You can get a mirror finish on the parts if you just let the buffer do the work.

I liked the kit, but at a match I had the trigger bind up on me twice. It has only happened at that one match. Took the gun apart when I returned home and couldn't find anything wrong.

Was it the trigger safety catching on the frame as you pulled the trigger? That's what mine was doing in my 2nd gen. Glock 22. Never could get it to work right. Ralph offered to send different springs (actually he did send some, but the post office destroyed them.) I decided I didn't want to spend time messing with it and took the trigger bar and spring out, but kept the top end. Works good enough. Ralph let me return the trigger bar for credit towards some mags. Give him a shout and I'm sure he'll be happy to help you out.

• 1 month later...

For what it's worth, the trigger spring in my G34 broke during the Western PA Sectionals. I caught it dryfiring a few timed before stage 6, and was able to replace it before shooting.

Once I returned home, I emailed Ralph, who promptly responded and sent me two new trigger springs.

Springs do break, and any man who stands behind his product as strongly as Ralph will ALWAYS get my business!

Thanks Ralph :D

I'm considering one of these kits myself. What I would like to know is how the trigger take-up and overtravel is affected? Is the pre-travel shortened? I assume since the standard connector is used, there is still the same amount of overtravel. Is this correct? I saw some older posts where the Ghost Rocket connector has been used by some. How does this affect the trigger feel and pull weight?

Thanks for any input.

I'm considering one of these kits myself. What I would like to know is how the trigger take-up and overtravel is affected? Is the pre-travel shortened? I assume since the standard connector is used, there is still the same amount of overtravel. Is this correct? I saw some older posts where the Ghost Rocket connector has been used by some. How does this affect the trigger feel and pull weight?

Thanks for any input.

There is no difference in length of pull in any aspect, just in weight and smoothness. I cannot comment on the Ghost connector, however.

H.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How long did it take for your trigger kit to arrive after it was shipped? I got an email on December 6th that my kit had been shipped, but it still hasn't arrived. I live in Indiana, so I'm just on State away from the company. I tried calling the number for Trigger Kit, but I just get a mail box full message. What method did Trigger Kit ship your package to you?

I placed my order on Nov. 15th and got a email on Dec. 6th that it had been shipped, but so far no trigger kit.

Drop him an email of give him a call. He really is a great guy and very customer service oriented