Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great 2# Drop In Triogger Kit!

Adam B

I think you need to wait, though. I don't think this is (nor should it be) over.

It is over!!!!

NROI ruled on the VANEK trigger only!!!!!

These rule interpretations are very specific. As is the external modification rule.

The RS trigger changes nothing externally.

A very unfortunate decision. I can see the "logic", but give me a frickn break. It's a barely noticable pin that's expertly blended into the stock trigger. I say cut the trigger in half, install the pin assy, then seamlessly glue the triger halfs back together. Look, no external mods.

Exactly!!

But the LS Aluminum trigger isn't Production legal.

Begging your pardon ---- but it's not over until the BOD signs off on any possible appeal. BOD now has override authority over the decisions of DNROI.....

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My trigger kit arrived today. Everything looks good. My question, is it okay to polish the parts a bit more? The parts are shiny but I want more bling. :D I'll be using a very light polishing cream.

Another question. Is it the springs that are really giving me the light trigger pull?

Edit: I went ahead and buffed the parts out a bit more. They are really nice and shiny now. I hope it doesn't affect the trigger pull too much.

Edited by 21411

'SRT Driver' date='Feb 9 2006, 03:17 PM' post='371457']

The RS kit does not move the trigger pivot pin or shave the trigger safety.

These rule interpretations are very specific. As is the external modification rule.

The RS trigger changes nothing externally.

I have a trigger that was purchased from Ralph three weeks ago and I know the post about the Vanek trigger is about the pivot area, but I want to let everyone know that the above posts are not true since the trigger I have does have material removed from the trigger safety, if material wasn't removed the trigger safety would NOT work. It is not fair to say all Glock trigger are legal now without NROI approval just because someone says they are.

I'm not sure if this modification is on all Ralph's triggers, but it's up to you to find out for yourself if your trigger is like this one before it's too late.

Edited by GlockGirl

Question about the trigger bar. My 35 came with a smooth faced trigger while the one that came with Ralph's kit is serrated. I took Ralph's bar out and put the factory one back in after polishing it. I prefer a smooth trigger. For some reason (maybe it's finger fatigue) the pull feels a bit heavier now. Does Ralph do anything to the trigger bar besides polishing it?

Your expert advice is greatly appreciated.

Question about the trigger bar. My 35 came with a smooth faced trigger while the one that came with Ralph's kit is serrated. I took Ralph's bar out and put the factory one back in after polishing it. I prefer a smooth trigger. For some reason (maybe it's finger fatigue) the pull feels a bit heavier now. Does Ralph do anything to the trigger bar besides polishing it?

Hrm... mine was smooth. And, yes, he does a lot to the trigger bar.

Hrm... mine was smooth. And, yes, he does a lot to the trigger bar.

Thanks. I've contacted Ralph. B)

Glock Girl,

Welcome to the forums!

If your trigger safety is modified, is it possible to post a picture of the mod?

Maybe, I am missing it. But mine sure look unmodified.

Thank you,

I don't have a camera, but the trigger safety is definitely noticeable. More than half of the square block on trigger safety block is gone. If you put it up against stock trigger safety it is noticeable.

"...seamlessly glue the triger halfs back together."

Well and good. Then expect to have an atom. microscope mounted on the off. "gun box" too?

If this is going to start into a rumination on whose trigger is ir is nit legal whe & where how about starting it in another THREAD?

I agree with you Bugs these posts show stay within the context of this thread and not bring in the recent USPSA NROI ruling on the Vanek Trigger as it pertains to the USPSA Production Division.

SRT,

SRT States

"Again, I can recommend the RS kit for both 2nd and 3rd generation frames. And if for some reason it doesn't work for you or you are unsatisfied, Ralph either will refund your money or work with you."

I have purchased over the years various Glock triggers like CGR's Top Fuel (Discontinued) Vanek, NHO and DMW and like I stated earlier I could recommend (With Caveats) Ralph's trigger for any 3rd generation 3 pin frame.

Just recently I went ahead and tried Ralph's trigger in a third generation framed G34 that’s configured with two pins. Unfortunately I had the same reset problem that I reported earlier.

I am of the belief that it would be rather difficult to guarantee with 100% certainty that any drop in Glock trigger job that’s currently available on the market will be as reliable as the factory original.

Regarding Ralph’s support he has been rather responsive as you can tell from the excerpt from a note he sent me.

> I noticed your posting on Brianenos regarding issues with a G17/G22

> frame. The kit should not have problems with these frames. If you

> are interested, I would be more than happy to replace it for you.

> From reading your posts, you obviously are well versed in glock

> pistols and can understand the extreme variances between their

> pistols

While I do appreciate his support on this matter I have decided to relegate this trigger to the same box where the other unused Glock trigger jobs currently reside.

Edited by ryucasta

Raul,

While your situation is unfortunate, I have used several different Glock triggers, including the my own, the RS kit, and a Vanek. All of these continue to work flawlessly in both 2nd and 3rd gen frames. Many other local shooters who also use the RS kit continue to find them error free.

FWIW, I have also had the opportunity to examine and shoot a Novak, CGR and a Rhea.

Yout interaction with Ralph also demonstates that he stands behind his product.

The other possiblity is that you own one of those frames that is not 100% or worn or a combo of both.

Save for one problem with the Vanek, which Charlie took care of quickly, it has run well. And that was a "fitted" trigger. So the problems are not isolated to "drop in " kits.

However, I continue to stand by my recommendation both through my own experience and knowing that, if there is a problem, Ralph will take care of it. For both 2nd and 3rd gen frames.

BTW, how are Charlie's drop in kit coming?

SRT,

Regarding Vanek's drop in trigger kits I would suggest you ask Charlie directly since you been a customer of his. I have never questioned Ralph's commitment to supporting his product I just don’t see the ROI for trying to make Ralph's trigger work with those two particular Glock's that I own. As far the G22 and G34 frames being out of spec or worn they function flawlessly with the original factory trigger and with Vanek’s fitted triggers.

ryucasta,

Forgive my indescretion. I thought you were involved in the development of the Vanek Drop In kit.

I think we all can agree that both Charlie and Ralph both stand behind their products. I personally think the Charlie's mod to Glock triggers is excellent although it did have some teething problems when I first got it back.

Ralph's kit dropped in, and has worked ever since. Maybe I have been lucky.

At least, you can throw a $65 kit in the junk bin and not another $200+ trigger job.

SRT,

I'm not involved in the development of a drop in trigger kit from Vanek or anyone else for that matter. Firearms or anything related to them is not my line of business. I am the type of individual that is always looking for the better mouse trap which is why I am willing to spend X dollar amounts on all of my hobbies.

BTW, I have thrown several +150 dollar Glock trigger jobs into the box where all parts that I no longer used go. From my view of the world I just chalk it up to experience and I then share those experiences with anyone who is willing to listen.

Edited by ryucasta

Ive been very lucky or both Ralph and Charlie are very talented and I think its the latter. I ve got a Vanek and 3-4 of Ralph's kits and never had an issue with any of them, except the G20 kit from Ralph. The striker didnt have enough power to set off the round so I kept everything else and put the standard striker spring back in and it works fine.

I got my G19 the other day, my first glock, and I had no idea that a trigger could be sooooo bad! Does this kit fit a compact frame like a 19 or a 23? Could I use the stock connector and get a crisp trigger that is a little lighter but not all the way down to 2#? A nice and sweet 3.5 that breaks instead of mushes would be great. This 5.5# washboard is the roughest thing I have ever squeezed.

Well, I felt the trigger kit in a 35 and it felt great. I ordered a kit last Thursday. The website said that there is about a weeks wait. My new-to-me 34 should be here in a couple of days.

How quickly are y'all gettin your kits?

Well, I felt the trigger kit in a 35 and it felt great. I ordered a kit last Thursday. The website said that there is about a weeks wait. My new-to-me 34 should be here in a couple of days.

How quickly are y'all gettin your kits?

I received mine in about a week.

I'm really starting to like it. A little Slideglide, lot o' dry-fire, and it's very smooth and crisp (for a Glock).

For all those who don't want to make a study of the Glock fire control system, get the RS. It's cheap enough and it's drop in. I got more satisfaction from figuring out how to do it myself but that takes time and it's not something everyone wants to do.

AND I ruined 2 trigger bars while learning, $24+shipping.

Parts in my trigger job, $18+ shipping.

The RS is a cheap quick fix for the Glock trigger. ;)

Edited by the duck of death

Triggerkit.com is not modifying the trigger safety any longer due to the Production ruling.

Ralph said that the mod really isn't necessary but does help with a stronger reset in some instances due to the differences in tolerances.

Full info will be available at www.triggerkit.com soon.

Triggerkit.com is not modifying the trigger safety any longer due to the Production ruling.

Ralph said that the mod really isn't necessary but does help with a stronger reset in some instances due to the differences in tolerances.

So if the ruling comes back adversly for the older RS triggers, how is some unfortunate match official going to differentiate between a modified vs unmodified trigger safety 6 months from now?

So if the ruling comes back adversly for the older RS triggers, how is some unfortunate match official going to differentiate between a modified vs unmodified trigger safety 6 months from now?

I'd like to think that the shooters will police themselves. If they don't and they don't get caught, then it's between them and whatever higher power is out there (if there is a higher power. ;)

SRT,

I'm not trying to be confrontational here but I'm confused first you say on 2/9/2006 that the trigger isn’t shaved then you say on 2/15/2006 that the trigger shaving won’t be done anymore. Please explain.

The RS kit does not move the trigger pivot pin or shave the trigger safety.

Therefore, by the new rules interpretation, it is within the rules.

"QUOTE(SRT Driver @ Feb 15 2006, 08:26 PM)

Edited by ryucasta