Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Custom BULL Shadow Review!

P.E. Kelley

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks awesome. I want one.

In the video it said the slide is a TS length. So is the barrel going to be the same length as a TS (5.23 inches)

I thought at the shot show last year CZC said it was going to be a 5 inch barrel. (Likely so it would qualify for IPSC production)

Edited by Dutycalls75

21 minutes ago, Dutycalls75 said:

This looks awesome. I want one.

In the video it said the slide is a TS length. So is the barrel going to be the same length as a TS (5.23 inches)

I thought at the shot show last year CZC said it was going to be a 5 inch barrel. (Likely so it would qualify for IPSC production)

I have a feeling it will take a long time for it to qualify for Production since it's a custom shop gun with the bull barrel.

so this is basically a manufactured cts but with a new barrel? am i over simplifying it? with the cts being on the Prod list I'm sure this will get there no doubt.

add some super aggressive checkering front and rear (an added cost in manufacturing i know, and to be passed on to the consumer) and i think it would be great!

Edited by rowdyb

2 hours ago, rowdyb said:

so this is basically a manufactured cts but with a new barrel? am i over simplifying it? with the cts being on the Prod list I'm sure this will get there no doubt.

add some super aggressive checkering front and rear (an added cost in manufacturing i know, and to be passed on to the consumer) and i think it would be great!

Isn't this going to change it entirely because you lose the bushing. That's a pretty big modification, no?

I had a CTS a couple years ago, and asked CZ Custom about adding a bull barrel. They said no.  They were worried about the CZ slide being too thin in places.

At 2017 SHOT Angus said they decided to make their own slide to hold a bull barrel.  So I guess this is a "CTS-like" slide and bull barrel.  Angus also mentioned that they'd be working on their own frame next.

I want one, but I'm spoiled by the checkering on my Shadow 2.  If they offer this slide/barrel combo on a Shadow 2 frame . . . I AM IN!!!!!

I have a feeling it will take a long time for it to qualify for Production since it's a custom shop gun with the bull barrel.

Actually, given that they are making their own frames & slides and given the regime change that has/is happening in IPSC is expect approval to in the works already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Matt1 said:

Actually, given that they are making their own frames & slides and given the regime change that has/is happening in IPSC is expect approval to in the works already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless part of the regime change in IPSC is to repeal the max 5” barrel rule that they have, the Bull Shadow will never qualify for IPSC Production. It’ll be like the Glock 34.

Given that USPSA already recognizes CZC guns for the Production list, and you only have to certify that 2000 have been made I think it’ll qualify quickly. If it releases at Shot I would say that it’ll qualify before Nationals in the fall.

From the article that most don't read.

SPECS

• Type: Hammer-fired pistol
  • Cartridge: 9mm
  • Capacity: 15+1 rds.
  • Trigger: 3.5 lbs. (SA); 7 lbs. (DA)
  • Overall Length: 8.5 in.
  • Barrel Length: 4.8 in.
  • Weight: 40 oz.
  • Width: 1.6 in.
  • MSRP: $1,495 –$1,650
  • Manufacturer: CZ USA

3 hours ago, Dutycalls75 said:

Unless part of the regime change in IPSC is to repeal the max 5” barrel rule that they have, the Bull Shadow will never qualify for IPSC Production. It’ll be like the Glock 34.

Given that USPSA already recognizes CZC guns for the Production list, and you only have to certify that 2000 have been made I think it’ll qualify quickly. If it releases at Shot I would say that it’ll qualify before Nationals in the fall.

If its only 4.8" ~121mm then it qualifies.

3 hours ago, P.E. Kelley said:

From the article that most don't read.

SPECS

• Type: Hammer-fired pistol
  • Cartridge: 9mm
  • Capacity: 15+1 rds.
  • Trigger: 3.5 lbs. (SA); 7 lbs. (DA)
  • Overall Length: 8.5 in.
  • Barrel Length: 4.8 in.
  • Weight: 40 oz.
  • Width: 1.6 in.
  • MSRP: $1,495 –$1,650
  • Manufacturer: CZ USA

Well I’m confused then. In the video you say at 1:14 that it’s a CZ long slide. Then you say specifically at 1:26 that it is a tac sport length slide.

Standard length CZ SP01 Shadow has a 4.7 inch barrel. Shadow 2 has a 4.89 in barrel. Both are not considered long slides.

The Tac Sport has an overall length of 8.86 inches and a barrel length of 5.23 inches.

From the pictures it does look like it might be a Tac Sport length slide or at least a slide that is longer than standard, Shadow but if that is the case then the barrel has to be longer than 4.8 inches.

Any clarification on this inconsistency would be appreciated.

Edited by Dutycalls75

4 hours ago, Dutycalls75 said:

Well I’m confused then. In the video you say at 1:14 that it’s a CZ long slide. Then you say specifically at 1:26 that it is a tac sport length slide.

Standard length CZ SP01 Shadow has a 4.7 inch barrel. Shadow 2 has a 4.89 in barrel. Both are not considered long slides.

The Tac Sport has an overall length of 8.86 inches and a barrel length of 5.23 inches.

From the pictures it does look like it might be a Tac Sport length slide or at least a slide that is longer than standard, Shadow but if that is the case then the barrel has to be longer than 4.8 inches.

Any clarification on this inconsistency would be appreciated.

Barrel is 4.975 from breechface to muzzle

5a3310bb73a49_CZBULLSHadowIMG_2556.jpg.844302fba833ef0e75bc7a56e0240664.jpg

Overall length compared to Shadow 2

5a3310bc432c8_CZC75BULLShadow_DSC5797.jpg.bf7adaad1248de30fdbcc836dad8d549.jpg