Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What To Call "No Shoot" / "Penalty" Targets

EricW

<edited>

I voted Hostage, but in truth, No-Shoot is what they have been and should remain. Hostage might be in reality a bit too much for some venues to accept. No-Shoot is simple and direct, it says exactly what you are supposed to do, NO-SHOOT as opposed to the other targetrs which are SHOOT targets.

Jim Norman

Edited by EricW

A few months ago I spent too much time explaining to someone why we shoot the "non-white" targets and don't shoot the "white" targets. They were seeing racial undertones.

So I explained the history of things (brown kraft being the natural color of cardboard...yada yada yada).

We can PC the holy heck out of our shooting sports if we want to but it still won't make us popular with the liberal weenies.

We have to take the heads off of the targets to help make us acceptable for the liberal weenies.

It won't make a difference.

A few years back Dan Rather's news crew came out to Norco to do a story. I think it was mostly due to KC (he was real young back then). JoJo had set up a stage with "classic" targets. Rather refered to the targets as "torso shaped targets". They will see what they want to see.

Look at other sports. Fencing for example. It looks like a sword fight to me! Wrestling (not WWF :ph34r: ), boxing, etc. There are many activities that still closely resemble their lethal origins but are fully accepted in junior high. How about paint ball at Disney??? They actually SHOOT EACH OTHER! Making minor changes and hoping for a miracle ain't gonna cut it.

I second the question: what "other forum"?

Later,

Chuck

I voted for Penalty Targets because that is what you get for them, a penalty not points.

I know no-shoot is what we know them by, but it just doesn't seem as correct as recognizing them as a liability titlewise.

You could also call them "Optional" Negative Point Value Targets" ;-)

I cannot put into print what I normally call "No-Shoot" targets, it may be offensive to certain readers.

I do call hits on "No-Shoot" targets all too often :wacko:

But I can only blame the loose nut behind the trigger for that :D

I voted "stupid Honkeys who move too slow", but for political correctness, I think nothing beats "That expensive vase aunt Tilly gave you, and she's coming over tonight"

I voted null, but I prefer Cracker. Short for Cracker-A##-Mother####er.

Fomeister, LMAO :lol:

I voted for Range Lawyer, because they only come out when it's miserably hot, cold or raining. They whine a lot and make dinner farther and farther away. Oh No! I'm turning into a range lawyer!!!

Eric, you really should have put this in the Humor Forum.

No Shoot or Penalty, call it something and get on with it. I have little 115 grain rocks to throw into the dirt at great distances.

Liota

A few months ago I spent too much time explaining to someone why we shoot the "non-white" targets and don't shoot the "white" targets.  They were seeing racial undertones.

The simple explaination that I use:

"We shoot the brown targets because they are harder to see against the dirt backstops."

The general response to that has always been "Uh, OK." Sometimes you can tell they were all set to argue your answer, but I've never had anybody not accept my explaination.

Nolan