Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Recoil System? JP SCS Gen 2 vs MBX PCC Buffer System

9 hours ago, mveto said:

When I tried the MBX buffer I was getting some doubles and triples as well, had mine in a carbine tube set up with a hyperfire 24c trigger. Had the issue in 2 different pcc’s set up the same. I ended up settling on the JPSCS buffer, having it tuned to my load and pcc has made it great. I really wanted to like the MBX system, it was the only system that ever doubled or tripled on me and I have tried several different systems.

Good to know,

I wondered if it was the rifle or the MBX.

Thanks

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/25/2018 at 3:03 PM, GhostDog said:

I installed this setup in a rifle length tube with the delrin spacer that comes with the JP SCS. This makes it a carbine length tube.

The bolt travel is not enough to load a round,  it seems to bottom out before that.

I checked: Delrin spacer, M10 wave spring, cut buffer, carbine spring, Blitzkrieg buffer. 

Without the Delrin spacer all feels very soft.

What am I missing?

Thats my old setup in the picture. I run a VLTOR A5 extension(buffer tube). 

• 5 months later...

I've been following this because I'm gathering parts for a build.  I plan to use a conversion block in a standard AR receive, largely because I have several and buying a dedicated AR9 receiver in the communist nation of California is a head ache.

Anyway has anyone tried the new setup offered by Taccom?  Seems they found the smily spring too.

https://taccom3g.com/product/taccom-short-stroke-upgrade-kit/

taccom-short-stroke-system-pic1-100x100.jpg

20 hours ago, mark2734 said:

I've been following this because I'm gathering parts for a build.  I plan to use a conversion block in a standard AR receive, largely because I have several and buying a dedicated AR9 receiver in the communist nation of California is a head ache.

Anyway has anyone tried the new setup offered by Taccom?  Seems they found the smily spring too.

https://taccom3g.com/product/taccom-short-stroke-upgrade-kit/

taccom-short-stroke-system-pic1-100x100.jpg

I have one, but it's my backup.  I bought mine before their short stroke kit.  I short stroke it with a smalley still, but put the smalley in the bottom of my tube with a quarter.

It's a much harsher felt recoil than the Blitzkrieg this way, but patterns about the same on paper.  I've considered switching to it completely as it's pretty fail-proof compared to a hydraulic buffer.  I wish Tim would sell a spring tuning kit for the internal spring.

23 hours ago, OPENB said:

So does the new package from Taccom include the short stroke kit that cost $19 seperately, including the wave spring? The pic just shows the other bumper head thingy.

we went away from the wave spring......we are using the internal spring now. It's just a better design and less expensive. Don't get caught up on this wave spring craze.....a spring is a spring is a spring and in the proper application, they work great, no matter the design of the spring. FYI.....the internal spring on our recoils system is as spring or stronger than the wave spring.

On 3/18/2019 at 7:46 PM, tha1000 said:

Anyone running the taccom with a bolt that still has the weight in it?  Or a/b’d with weight and without?

I run a JP GMR-13 as my main PCC rifle, but the TACCOM upper is on my backup one.  I run it with the weight in.  Tried it briefly without, but put it back in immediately.

As always, YMMV.

26 minutes ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

I run a JP GMR-13 as my main PCC rifle, but the TACCOM upper is on my backup one.  I run it with the weight in.  Tried it briefly without, but put it back in immediately.

As always, YMMV.

Yeah, i know I am going to have to experiment with it.  

• 6 months later...

I am posting this as an FYI. I couldn't find any other posts on people running this setup on a Wilson Combat PCC:

I'm running a Wilson Combat AR9 and swapped the buffer and spring with a Blitzkrieg Kynshot RB5015HD Buffer, the 2.5 oz weight, and JP .308 carbine spring and it DOES work. I was a little nervous that it wouldn't be as easy as dropping them in on the Wilson. The JP spring is MUCH shorter than the stock Wilson flat wire AR9 spring (which I measured at nearly 28 inches long).

Also, my bolt does still lock back on the last round, which was a nice surprise. I didn't expect the short-stroke setup to work with my bolt catch, but it does.

I can definitely notice less dot movement as the bolt cycles with this setup!

Edited by MAC_Man
spelling error
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This is some awesome information!  I have the Blitzkrieg on order with the carbine spring.  I currently run a Taccom Short stroke kit and will be interested in the comparison.   My question is are the majority of these trials  done with  weight removed from the bolt?    Less reciprocating mass?

Another thought is pure scientific.  Your typical high performance shock absorber is hydraulic not 2 or 3 different variety of springs.  I am expecting the Blitzkrieg to produce the best results with the correct spring setup.