Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taccom barrel

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is hands down my favorite barrel configuration that I have tried! Absolutely worth the money if you like light guns.

I have mine set up with a BCM KMR Alpha handguard, which makes the front end feel nearly weightless. It is supremely easy to drive.

Anecdotally, I installed the ULW barrel and took it straight to a 6 stage club match without even rezeroing it. I took 1st out of 23 PCC shooters, and 3rd out of 128 overall. The handling is fantastic but the recoil is surprisingly low considering the weight reduction vs my old setup.

I believe the shorter barrel will let me get away with an even lighter bolt/buffer combo. Testing that theory is on hold because my red dot took a swan dive onto concrete, but I am excited to get some more rounds down range with it soon.

Just ordered a complete Taccom  ULW upper. Everything I have ever bought from Tim has worked great. Looking forward to it. Going to run it on a Gibbz ambi mag release lower. I shoot left handed and have been looking for a left handed one for awhile.

gerritm

So we've running our TACCOM ULW barrel with just a barrel nut and a foam tube on the shroud.......saves an additional 3 ounces over the carbon fiber hand guard and it will not get hot, nor does it melt. Feels great and the OD is 1.5" Total weight of the barrel, barrel nut and foam is 1 pound 2 ounces....yeah it's fast.595bb7f901cc4_mattspcc.thumb.jpg.3037e0dcc78bb265158df970bc774224.jpg

2 hours ago, Steve RA said:

Liquid hand soap - should work about the same as an Ace Stock.

^^^ What he said.

I just assembled an Ace shorty. Don't be shy on the soap. It's your friend. 

On 7/7/2017 at 2:10 PM, Hallz said:

Homemade case lube of liquid lanolin and alcohol  sprayed on the inside and outside works well also, just let it evaporate for a day afterwards.

Air nozzle, like you do for bike or motorcycle grips,

Very clever.

Thanks.

Edited by Flatland Shooter
  • 1 month later...

I can not comment on the holes....I have the newer model.

But I can say I have been a JP fan for many years...have a few JP .223 rigs. That being said I now have two Taccom ULW uppers....one based on a Glock lower and one on a Colt lower....and they are my favorites.

A buddy here locally shot mine and ordered a upper for himself. These things are very flat shooting and swing...and stop...supper fast.

My JP GMR-13 rig sits lonely in the safe now days. 

Edited by BigBamBoo

Taccom also offers a new barrel for Glock mag lowers that incorporates a feed ramp.  Eliminates that 0.200: jump the bullet takes from the magazine to the chamber.   It does requires a slight modification to the bolt but I think its gonna be a winner.

I'd like to hear from someone that did a little grinding on the bolt to make it fit.  Should be something most folks with a little patience can do at home.  (It looks like .040" ground off the bottom of the bolt face will do it.)