Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Many Rounds Have You Reloaded

al503

Lately? 1,100 for the World Shoot on a 1050. Under 2 hours. Like Ron says I just get bored easily, so mostly I load ~300 a few days before the match.

Some guys seem to prefer loading once a year-- they crank out 10-20K over the winter and shoot all year long.

I can't have that many loaded rounds around the house or it gets too confusing. I'm liable to screw up and get my chrono loads mixed in with my match loads. :D Really, having loaded rounds in my house is like having a wallet full of money. They start calling to me wanting me to use them and before you know it they're gone. I'm better off loading 5-600 at a time.

1300 on a Square Deal B (that took a little more than four hours); 1400 on a 650 (that took about 2 hours), and I don't think I've done more than 7-800 on the 1050 in one session. For me the cool thing about the 1050 is that I can walk into the reloading room, fill primer tubes, add powder, open bullets, load 200 rounds and walk out in 15 minutes. That makes it easier to fit reloading into my life. If I'm getting ready for Nationals, I'll load 250 in the morning before work, and another 250 at night for a couple of days. Last year it took me five days to make all the major match ammo for the summer, using that method......

Had to move a couple years ago, and did not know when the reloaders would be set up again. Loaded every piece of brass I could lay my hands on. I got in 5000 one day on the 1050. Left the old house with 18,000 loaded rounds total. I'm still finding ammo cans with that batch of relaods

Having multiple primer tubes full and ready to go is what really speeds the process up for me. I can crank off 300 in about 30 minutes or so if I have the primer mag full and two tubes at the ready.

I think the most I've loaded in one day on the 650 was 700, but that's only because I ran out of bullets. Or was it brass?

Knew I had a banishment of my shooting bench to the 100+ degree garage coming up, :o so I loaded 5000 .40 on my 650 over a 2 day stretch, couple hours here and there... took advantage of air conditioning while I still had it.

Luckily my wife LOVES loading primer tubes, bless her heart, and I have 15 of them :P

by the way, after that stint, I'll never go back to a 550.... case feeders rock. Now if I can only afford a bullet feeder, hmmmm... ;)

I did 1600 in one day on my 550. But I screwed up the last 300 because I wasnt paying attention and put the wrong powder in the measure. Then I took that 300 to a match the next day and the bullets were only going 538 fps ( sucked to be me).

Easy...... 29,000 rounds of 9mm. :blink: Forgot to add that I worked for a commercial ammunition reloader when I was in college and was using a commercial grade machine. :D I think it was a Range Master and it was an in-line loader that was very fast. Dump in powder and bullets and keep the primer tube full and that thing really cranked them out.

As far as how much have I loaded at home, 1,600 rounds of .40 on my 650 with case feeder.

Neal in AZ

I did 3,000 .38 Specials in about eight hours on my upgraded RL 450.  I'm going to repeat that in a couple of weeks when I get off TDY.

Hey Chuck,

I did 1000 HBWC loads for PPC years ago in a day. That poor little RCBS JR worked hard that day :D (I always kept my brass sized and primed ahead of time)

Now with the 550, I usually do 1000 at a sitting. When the snow is deep or the weather is cold, I load.

Regards,

I recieved a call from a friend that needed 2,000 rounds of 9mm and 2,000 rounds of 38 super the next day becouse he was leaving for the ammerican hangunner match. I load on a 650 with a case feed and about 15 primer pick up tubes. I put the wife to work filling the tubes and cranked out the rounds at about 100 every fifteen minutes. The bad part was i did not have a tool head set up for 9mm. so i had to set up a tool head also. about 6 hours later i had four almo cans filed with 4,000 round that had been case gage and marked. I am in the milatary and use down days to reload. I usaly get about 1000-1500 rounds loaded every down day i get. That will keep me and the wife in ammo for 8 ipsc and 4 action stages a mounth.

Thanks for the responses. Just wondering if someone here just got a wild hair and went nuts for a day.

I'm relatively new to reloading but the most I've done is around 1200 rounds in about 4 hours on a 650. Casefeeder jams and tight primer pockets are the main hiccups that interrupt the flow for me.

I normally only sit down and load up 500 at a time, if I sit at my press for very long I end up chain smoking and go thru a pack of smokes in about 2 hours.

mmmm, gotta love the smell of smokes and gun powder. Just dont ash in the wrong place. :blink::wacko:

As for me i usually load about 300 rounds at a time. I used to load alot and then shoot till im dry. Now i try to just keep a 300 or 400 rd min through out the year.

I did 500 rounds of .40 on a single stage Lyman that is older than I am one Friday after Thanksgiving day...in my unheated garage with temps around 25 degrees F. Had a practice session coming the next day and a match the following day.

I then went inside to defrost and the wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas. Got my first Dillon (a SDB) four weeks later with a big red bow on the box. :D

I now crank 400-600 at a time but have done 1K at a sitting. Since I load in an unheated garage I tend to load every piece of brass I can find in October and hope it gets me through to the warmer months. It never does though....

During this past winter I loaded 4000 rounds of 9mm,2000 rounds 40S&W and 2000 round 45 ACP in 2 days on my Square deal B and spent another 3 days manually case gauging and marking them. I think I really need to get a 650.