Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picked up a new TSO in .40 from the most recent batch that's starting to trickle in. Haven't gotten to shoot it yet due to inconveniently-timed range closures, but a few observations from just looking it over and dry-firing:

I was fully expecting to run into some of the minor issues that people have noted throughout this thread, and was pleasantly surprised that at least some incremental upgrades are apparently being made. Mine seems to have come with a Shadow 2 magazine release (with the enlarged button - anodized in orange, natch) and safety (extended left-side lever and flat right-side lever). The trigger shoe is also aluminum instead of the previous plastic version. We'll see if this remains true after some range time, but I think I actually like the feel of this trigger shoe over the flat CZC aftermarket model installed in my older Tactical Sport. Unfortunately, the fitting of the mag well is still... well, kind of garbage, but you can't have everything....

Take it with a grain of salt, since the thing could explode the first time I shoot it. But, from a design and component-selection standpoint, it's nice to see that CZ is putting in the effort to make some slight improvements. Sorry if those upgrades were things that everyone knew about, but I was surprised, and figured I'd share....

Edited by Steve133

2 hours ago, muncie21 said:

Hi Steve, which type of checkering (cast/coarse or fine) and trigger guard (thin/thick) did you receive. 

It's definitely the fine checkering (i.e., cut, not cast) and the reduced grip profile. Not as sure about the trigger guard - side-by-side with my classic-flavor Tac Sport, the two trigger guards look basically identical.

I also just picked up a new TSO in 40. Same setup as Steve133 as far as checkering, mag release and trigger goes. I may add the flat CGW trigger later on. I can’t hardly wait to shoot it. I’ve got a Red Hill holster on order along with the CGW trigger pin. It will need a wider safety for me and I removed the thumb rest for now. I’ll still shoot the Shadow 2 for steel events and classes for the cheaper ammo and I’d like to keep them similar. I’ve converted the Shadow to SAO. 

After I get it broke in, I’ll try some different springs. 

He he he! Look what’s in the mail on the way to me!

c3833b4a3f31946794b3549908f78fb2.jpgbf88b8da8befba6e66cc4c7c671d1139.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
More pics of the top view cuts and the racker. I have the same one and I was wondering if they could make the cut without going all the way through

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Island barrel, small reduction in slide weight, and big racker.  What's that designed for?  Not legal in Limited, so I'm thinking it would be idea for steel challenge and 3gun.
Why isn't it legal in limited?

30 minutes ago, adamge said:

Island barrel, small reduction in slide weight, and big racker.  What's that designed for?  Not legal in Limited, so I'm thinking it would be idea for steel challenge and 3gun.

where do u see island barrel in this slide?

and it's  100% legal in limited div.

the only thing that i didn't liked  is the holes thru serial number.

where do u see island barrel in this slide?
and it's  100% legal in limited div.
the only thing that i didn't liked  is the holes thru serial number.
Defacing a serial number on the frame is illegal, but on the slide it's no big deal. I do hear you on cosmetically though. I think the way CZC does it is a window on the top

9 minutes ago, Inkw8ll said:

Defacing a serial number on the frame is illegal, but on the slide it's no big deal. I do hear you on cosmetically though. I think the way CZC does it is a window on the top

there is better ways to remove weight from  cz  slide without weakening  it in this place. but it's only my opinion.

Ah maybe what I thought was island sight is just a lightening cut on the slide making it look like that.

I said not legal for limited because that racker looks huge, wouldn't fit in the box.  There is a box for limited guns, right?  Here we have IPSC Standard and the gun has to fit in the box, no way that racker fits in the box.

13 minutes ago, adamge said:

Ah maybe what I thought was island sight is just a lightening cut on the slide making it look like that.

I said not legal for limited because that racker looks huge, wouldn't fit in the box.  There is a box for limited guns, right?  Here we have IPSC Standard and the gun has to fit in the box, no way that racker fits in the box.

USPSA , no box. So would be fine.

2 hours ago, adamge said:

I’d have to disagree with you there. I have the same racker and it fits the box with minimumal modification.

Shot 60rds of MagTec 180gr on Friday but planning to load some Blue Bullets and N320 eventually. I need to really work on my grip as the the mag release started to dig into my left palm at the base of my thumb. I have it rotated up so it’s an easier reach.  The aluminum grips are slick.  I added LOK palm swell bogies to my Shadow 2. I’ll have to do some swapping to see what fits, I have some thin checkered LOK grips to try as well. It’s good that LOK now does single or mix and match grips. 

Last thing is I’ll need some more mags and extensions possibly. 

Robin Sebo has a magwell that takes care of the lack of frame blending. I saw pictures of it a couple of weeks ago. If I hadn’t already blended mine I’d get one.

Send him an email

Any specifics on this magwell? Part# website etc?
Thanks

On 2/24/2017 at 6:16 AM, Hi_Im_Vinh said:

Has any TSO owners changed out the factory thumbrest on your guns? I'm contemplating changing mine to something wider and installing the CZC oversized safety to aid in comfort/support ; the thumbrest I'm eyeing is one made for the czechmate and regular TS ( http://fasttoys.net/ca/CZ-Czechmate-and-CZ-Tactical-Sport-Thumb-Rest/ )

Any specifics on this magwell? Part# website etc?
Thanks

Unfortunately not, I just saw a photo of one and know that it exists.

Send him an email, he’s pretty good at replying unless he’s away at a match somewhere.