Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheapest USPSA cardboard Targets?

thompsoncustom

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, 9x45 said:

Save big $$$ and buy used USPSA targets. Not all holes are taped, but they are  good for at least 3 more stages. Pre-shot 2 Alpha slightly higher...

image37502.jpg

And you are buying these where?

The shooters connection discounts for bulk is the cheapest I have found shipped to texas.  I tried every site in this thread.  Action target has pre-made hard cover targets which is worth it I think to not have to buy and paint hard cover.  If you order over 300lbs from action target...which isnt that many targets evidently it ships by freight and is much cheaper than UPS.

And you are buying these where?

I "dumpster dive" for clean no shoots at my club. Not really dumpster diving but I just pick thru them at the end and take out the least shot ones. I've got like 6 clean no shoots from one match.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I make my own from big pieces of cardboard. I also do as written above when possible, except most of my local matches don't give out used ones for helping unless you ask and then you get one or two. I use those as templates usually for blank cardboard anyhow and try to be somewhat close on A and C perf

Daniel K

I make my own from big pieces of cardboard. I also do as written above when possible, except most of my local matches don't give out used ones for helping unless you ask and then you get one or two. I use those as templates usually for blank cardboard anyhow and try to be somewhat close on A and C perf

Daniel K

Once they hit the garbage cans they are fair game at my club lol.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Save big $$$ and buy used USPSA targets. Not all holes are taped, but they are  good for at least 3 more stages. Pre-shot 2 Alpha slightly higher...

image37502.jpg

How many shooters at your matches? Our targets look worse than that after the first squad around here.

Pat, the USPSA match at this club only has about 40, or so. The other USPSA match I go to runs the targets until they go thru 2 rolls of tape each....  You know, $12 of tape of tape for a $1 target.

33 minutes ago, 9x45 said:

Pat, the USPSA match at this club only has about 40, or so. The other USPSA match I go to runs the targets until they go thru 2 rolls of tape each....  You know, $12 of tape of tape for a $1 target.

So where are you getting pasters for $6 a roll?

Shooters Conection has them for $3 per roll of 1000.

Frankly, I can't figure out why we're looking to save pennies on cardboard targets and pasters when we shoot reloaded 9mm at 12.5 cents per round or factory at 24 cents - 4 rounds of that and you have the cost of a target, 12 rounds equals a roll of pasters.  Not to mention the cost of the equipment!

1 hour ago, teros135 said:

Shooters Conection has them for $3 per roll of 1000.

Frankly, I can't figure out why we're looking to save pennies on cardboard targets and pasters when we shoot reloaded 9mm at 12.5 cents per round or factory at 24 cents - 4 rounds of that and you have the cost of a target, 12 rounds equals a roll of pasters.  Not to mention the cost of the equipment!

Why do some try to save pennies by reloading, or pennies on reloading components, or filling up my tank when gas drops a nickel? 

I guess I like to skimp on the small stuff so I don't have to on other things. 

I bet it's fun scoring those after the first roll of tape....

• 1 month later...

Thank the shooting gods my club buys the targets and patches in bulk and just gives them to members. I would hate having to buy, ship and store targets. I just grab what I need at the club. it's one of the things I pay my membership for. :) it is a private club with their own range though, not a public range or commercial range. 

I don't know why more clubs don't do it that way? It's so much easier for a club of a couple hundred people to buy in bulk for their members rather than every man for himself buying a 100lb stack of targets a few times a year. ok if they don't want to provide them free to members at least buy in bulk and on-sell at cost to members. 

thinking more about this I think actually my full years membership cost is 100% offset by the saving on targets. Not having ever had to buy them I had no idea what they cost. at $1 each + pasters I'm in front. bonus. 

my club puts all the decent used targets after matches in the club house in a "free" section. they also sell targets to members, $1 each for new idpa or uspsa targets.

i normally can stretch my own target supply pretty well by using the match targets. we only have one uspsa match a month though, so they don't really generate a lot of targets for me to scoop up.